DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA

Go down 
+10
Janet
CluckyB
Daire
Luca Chinaski
steph
steady now steady now
jennylenore
efofex
TGAFAN25
Asleepontheforestfloor
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Cool setlist.
Lost in a Supermarket and Tin Pan Alley, amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pearljamonline.it/
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 am

I found a blog review of the show at http://mattycantfail.livejournal.com/47174.html

here is the relevant extract:

Joe Sib, as mentioned earlier, served as Fallon's opening act. Sib, who co-owns SideOneDummy Records which is home to The Gaslight Anthem, performed a spoken-word set entitled "California Calling." In a nutshell, Sib told stories about his youth, his involvement with punk rock, and experiences with bands he worked with. He told stories involving frat boys who went and saw Flogging Molly on St. Patrick's Day, personal encounters with Mike Ness of Social Distortion, the purchase of his first "punk" album (The Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bollocks) and my personal favorite, convincing his Dad to let him see Bad Religion on Easter Sunday in the early 80's by winning a speech contest at school. He was funny, entertaining, and interesting. I was skeptical about his set, but I really enjoyed it.

Fallon then played, and if Sib's spoken word set was called "California Calling," then Fallon's should have been titled "Jersey Calling." And yes, I'm totally going to clean that sentence up, make it sound nice, and re-use it for my article. Sprinkled in between stories about Doc Martin boots, eating red-velvet cake, drinking Coca-Cola, wanting to buy Bad Religion frontman Greg Graffin's new book but being afraid that he won't understand most of the words in the book, and doing his best Tom Waits impersonation (which really was impressive), were stripped-down Gaslight Anthem tunes. Fallon is extremely talented in this type of setting; almost to the point where you wonder if he would be better off hitting the road solo a-la Chuck Ragan. In a move that I thought was odd, Fallon opened with "The '59 Sound," and from there played a good mix of both The '59 Sound and Sink or Swim, as well as The Senor and the Queen EP. He also played "Tin Pan Alley" off the Gospel Songs split he did with Ragan. Standout tracks from the night included "Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts," "Here's Looking at You Kid," "Miles Davis and the Cool" where Fallon let the crowd sing the final chorus, and "1930."

Fallon also played two cover songs. The first was a song about Romeo and Juliet, and something about rain falling on the roof of cars and drowning out the radio. All he said about the song was that "it's a New York song." The other was a fantastic version of The Clash's "Lost in the Supermarket." Now I'm really not a fan of that song. I think it's the worst song off of London Calling. However, Fallon's acoustic version was stellar. And maybe as a tribute to The Afghan Whigs (or maybe just to fucking tease me) Fallon included the chorus of "Train in Vain" to close the song. I was screaming at the stage "JUST PLAY 'TRAIN IN VAIN!' But Fallon was really was incredible.

Set list (in order to the best of my memory): "The '59 Sound," "Wooderson," "Senor and the Queen," "Tin Pan Alley," "Miles Davis and the Cool," "We Came to Dance," "Old White Lincoln," "Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts," That cover song, "Here's Looking at You, Kid," "Great Expectations," ENCORE: "The Navesink Banks," "Lost in the Supermarket/Train in Vain" (Clash cover), "1930," "Say I Won't (Recognize)."
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 am

Mp3? Video?
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 2:46 pm

The "New York Song" is a new song. I googled the chorus- "if all was well and your heart could find the words, would we be for better baby, would we be for worse. if i could find a way to navigate your seas, if my true love did belong to me...."

theres no song out there with those lyrics...
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:17 pm

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
if all was well and your heart could find the words, would we be for better baby, would we be for worse. if i could find a way to navigate your seas, if my true love did belong to me....

Nice. If the whole album is like that we have nothing to be worried about Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Luca Chinaski
A Contender
A Contender
Luca Chinaski

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkP7AEj8rf0
Holy god!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 5:28 pm

I wonder if someone recorded the show.
The person standing in front of me who did the painting of brian had a camera with him and he was taking few videos.
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 pm

intothewild wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkP7AEj8rf0
Holy god!!!

The guy has a bloody amazing version of the full band playing I'da Called you Woody Joe as well.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:43 pm

[quote="oldgospelchoir"]I wonder if someone recorded the show.
The person standing in front of me who did the painting of brian had a camera with him and he was taking few videos.[/quote]

Yeah that painting was really cool! Brian was really excited about it too!

Oh you must have been pretty close to me at the show. I was in the blue shirt and Joe Sib asked he wanted to get on top of him when he was acting out the car crash on the way to the show in San Francisco. hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Asleepontheforestfloor wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
I wonder if someone recorded the show.
The person standing in front of me who did the painting of brian had a camera with him and he was taking few videos.

Yeah that painting was really cool! Brian was really excited about it too!

Oh you must have been pretty close to me at the show. I was in the blue shirt and Joe Sib asked he wanted to get on top of him when he was acting out the car crash on the way to the show in San Francisco. hahaha.

You must have been towards the center of the crowd cause i was more in the front right side
Back to top Go down
Janet
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:31 pm

its amazing what a person can do with just a guitar. i took some crappy videos but i lost my usb for my camera a while ago...

oldgospelchoir wrote:
I was in the blue shirt and Joe Sib asked he wanted to get on top of him when he was acting out the car crash on the way to the show in San Francisco. hahaha.

hey i remember you!! you were like a person down from me to my right. it was me, my friend memo, and you. so hi
Back to top Go down
MattyCan

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:38 am

dude, that's fucking awesome that you guys found and quoted my blog. It was a great show. I actually did a review of the show for CSU-Fullerton's student paper.

here's the link

anyways, I just had to write this. thanks.
Back to top Go down
mattycantfail
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mattycantfail

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:42 am

i don't know why the hell the other post didn't work. But anyways, I'm stoked that you guys came across my blog. here's the link i was talking about

http://www.dailytitan.com/2010/03/24/artists-bring-spoken-word-acoustic-set-to-the-troubadour/
Back to top Go down
http://mattycantfail.livejournal.com
StreetsRunRed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StreetsRunRed

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:10 am

Damn good show, Joe's stories were amazing. And Brian was hilarious as always
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/tstoothoff
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:21 am

Sup bro. Nice picture. hahaha.
Back to top Go down
StreetsRunRed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
StreetsRunRed

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 am

haha didn't even see that...welp! better change it
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/tstoothoff
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 am

first time i see these videos. sorry if they have been posted before

old white lincoln
http://www.myspace.com/video/ryan/brian-fallon-old-white-lincoln/104757691

here's looking at you, kid
http://www.myspace.com/video/ryan/brian-fallon-here-39-s-lookin-at-you-kid/103732416

we came to dance
http://www.myspace.com/video/ryan/brian-fallon-we-came-to-dance/103714518
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:41 pm

thanks Bea for finding the videos...they bring back good memories.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:02 pm

thanks Bea for finding them ..
Are there flowers standing next to him or do I need to get my eyes checked Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA   Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon Solo Show at the Troubadour in LA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2