DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joe Stummer/The Clash book

Go down 
+2
Daire
Holland
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Joe Stummer/The Clash book Empty
PostSubject: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Has anyone got any suggestions on the best books to buy to read about The Clash? ive seen a few dodgy reviews .
Back to top Go down
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 pm

I've just finished Redemption Song, by Chris Saleviwcz (or something like that). Apparently it's the best one out there. It's done with full co-operation from friend, family and The Clash.

I doubt I'd ever read it again though, ya can have my copy if ya want.
Back to top Go down
andy.mac
Wooderson
Wooderson
andy.mac

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 2:33 am

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Fashion-Real-Story-Clash/dp/030681434X
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:22 am

Route 19 Revisited is a fantastic book. It's mostly about the writing, recording, and impact of London Calling. Well worth your money.
buy it here
But I'd read Redemption Song and Passion Is A Fashion first. Johnny Green's book, A Riot Of Our Own: Night And Day With The Clash is an entertaining account of the early years (1977-80).
Back to top Go down
clashcityrocker
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
clashcityrocker

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 am

There is an amazing book just called The Clash. It's a giant pink coffe table book that spans the entire life of the band. It has some incredible photos.
Back to top Go down
WWD4D?
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
WWD4D?

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes, that is a great book. Any book on The Clash needs to have great pictures because they looked fantastic as a band. Shame that when Mick started BAD, he forgot how to dress properly.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:59 pm

clashcityrocker wrote:
There is an amazing book just called The Clash. It's a giant pink coffe table book that spans the entire life of the band. It has some incredible photos.

i have that book. its pretty. lots of pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Stummer/The Clash book   Joe Stummer/The Clash book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Stummer/The Clash book
Page 1 of 1