DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon about The Clash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Brian Fallon about The Clash Empty
PostSubject: Brian Fallon about The Clash   Brian Fallon about The Clash Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:56 am

This album has changed my life ....

Brian Fallon about The Clash Foto210

Brian Fallon about The Clash Foto11

Backtranslation:
Listening to this record for the first time was almost a spiritual experience. As if someone turned on the light. Like an epiphany. I just stood there eyes and mouth wide open and thought: "What's that?". I immediately understood: "That is more than just music" and intuitively I felt "This is important. You have to listen very carefully to make sure you don't miss anything." Because before that I mainly listened - like all other kids in the early nineties - to Guns 'N' Roses and Skid Row. And with them you really didn't need to pay much attention to the lyrics. Although the older I become the more I realise how misogynistic, sexist and racist 'Appetite For Destruction' really is. But of course when I was seven years old I did not know about these things. And today I couldn't care less about them. Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll is just a poor stereotype I have no use for. But the condensed anger and the working class attitude of The Clash remain to be awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon about The Clash   Brian Fallon about The Clash Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:10 am

Cool - thanks for the translation!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon about The Clash   Brian Fallon about The Clash Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Yeah thanks for translating that. That was a cool little article.
Back to top Go down
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon about The Clash   Brian Fallon about The Clash Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 pm

sadly , im just pleased to hear brian use to listen to skid row! they were the first band i saw live and really got in to
Classic band Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon about The Clash   Brian Fallon about The Clash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon about The Clash
Page 1 of 1