DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?

Go down 
+16
jokerman316
NeverTrustAJunkie
Vibes
drifter69
WoodyJoe
TGAFAN25
RobertODonnell
andy.mac
paratrooper
stupendoussven
tdawg
steph
Stevearm
simo
Prisoner
e7c
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:13 pm

No it's not that gravelly, but the reverb on T59S helped a lot. It sounds a lot more gravelly on earlier stuff but that's a lot to do with production. And the more punk nature of the music.
Back to top Go down
JerseyDevil
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
JerseyDevil

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm

ROCK N" ROLL!
Back to top Go down
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:15 am

I say a new age Springsteen (when it comes to vocals/lyrics) with some influences of The Cure (for the lead guitar riffs).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:04 am

Blue Collar Soul Rock
Back to top Go down
showmeyourhands
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
showmeyourhands

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:52 pm

i best described them as (and please don't hate me) the early goo goo dolls (jed, hold me up and superstar carwash era) covering bruce.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

showmeyourhands wrote:
i best described them as (and please don't hate me) the early goo goo dolls (jed, hold me up and superstar carwash era) covering bruce.

im not gonna hate on you, but as much as i love early ggd (although i consider "a boy named goo" to be early ggd, not sure if you would agree, but it definitely fits in better with their earlier stuff than their most recent top 40 soccer mom shit), i wouldn't put gaslight on ggd's level, at any point in their career. gaslight is far superior!
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:03 am

Gaslight definitely sounds like early GGD on Hold Me Up and Superstar Carwash, not on a boy named goo though..

check out superstar car wash and hold me up steph, i bet you'll like those records!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:19 am

i have superstar carwash, haven't listened to it much, though. i do, in general, enjoy early ggd. i just wanted to make the point that no matter how much i enjoy (early) ggd, they would still never compare to gaslight, at least not in my eyes.
but i appreciate the suggestion- ill try to go back and listen more to early ggd!
Back to top Go down
showmeyourhands
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
showmeyourhands

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:00 am

it's just because alot of people hate the GGD, i love them, really love them. American Slang's record sales and popularity will prove if they're are to be superior than GGD. i don't care who's a better band as long as they keep writing tunes i love i'll buy 'em!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?   How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you describe The Gaslight Anthem to people?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2