DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Empty
PostSubject: How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?   How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm only 3 variants away from a complete TGA collection, and I am wondering how many people actually have a complete collection. Simple math would tell us that there can be no more than 100 people with complete collections, since the rarest pressings are out of one hundred. So that would be the absolute maximum, but surely there are far fewer people who actually have everything. My guess would be that there are less than ten people who have a COMPLETE collection as specified below. We can debate over what constitutes a "complete" collection, but for the purposes of this thread, let's just say that it is limited to ONLY Gaslight Anthem's official vinyl releases. We can exclude the following:

-No Retreats, No Regrets 7" (BOOTLEG)
-Songs for Teenagers 7" (SPLIT w/ Fake Problems)
-Gospel Songs 7" (Brian Fallon, not TGA, SPLIT w/ Ragan)
-Raise it High 7" (Chamberlain release FEATURING Brian Fallon)
-All Aboard LP (COMPILATION featuring TGA)
-I'll also exclude all test pressings of official Gaslight releases.

So, that would make a complete collection look like this:

- Sink or Swim LP (US pressings) - Black, White w/ red splatter, translucent red, opaque green, opaque purple, and clear
- Sink or Swim LP (Euro pressings) - Translucent blue, white, clear, blue w/ white splatter, clear w/ blue splatter, opaque w/ blue splatter, translucent red, translucent yellow
- The '59 Sound LP - Black, Blue, White, Green, and Black (Euro variant w/ different matrix etching)
- American Slang LP - Black, Gray, Black/white w/ green splatter, black/green w/ white splatter, translucent green (Euro variant)
- Senor & The Queen 2x7" - Black (1st pressing variant), white, red, gold, and black
- Senor & The Queen 10" (Euro) - Black, white, red, orange, black (w/ misprinted sleeve)
- Sink or Swim Demos 7" - Blue/white splatter (w/ yellow screened cover), gray/blue split, orange, black/green split, gold, yellow
- Live at Park Avenue 10" - Black
- The '59 Sound 7" - Black, gold
- Old White Lincoln 7" - White
- Great Expectations 7" - Black
- The '59 Sound (re-release) 7" - Clear
- Tumbling Dice 7" - Black, white, baby blue, brown, black (Euro variant)

So, who has this collection? I have to assume that anyone who has put all of the time and money into developing and maintaining a collection like this would be a frequent viewer of this message board.
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
built2last25
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
built2last25

PostSubject: Re: How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?   How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:04 am

i have the complete collection minus the orange senor and the queen 10" that just came out. It took me about a year to complete and i think im done. im pretty sure i dont want to dump anymore money into records that gunner is going to continue to press on different colors every year. it was fun while it lasted though.
Back to top Go down
19thirty
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?   How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm pretty close to completing my collection too! I'm missing SOS Euro (Red) Don't think I care to have it tho. American Slang (Black). Should be easy to get..just haven't got around to it yet. And the big one SATQ white 7"s. Bid on it many times since it came out but obviously never won it. Should have just paid the $100 for it 3 yrs ago but was hoping the prices would come down...Dont think that's ever gonna be the case tho!
Back to top Go down
OutOfStep
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OutOfStep

PostSubject: Re: How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?   How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:41 pm

19thirty wrote:
I'm pretty close to completing my collection too! I'm missing SOS Euro (Red) Don't think I care to have it tho. American Slang (Black). Should be easy to get..just haven't got around to it yet. And the big one SATQ white 7"s. Bid on it many times since it came out but obviously never won it. Should have just paid the $100 for it 3 yrs ago but was hoping the prices would come down...Dont think that's ever gonna be the case tho!

I think Gunner still has some SOS Euro Red LPs available, if I'm not mistaken. It's basically the same thing as the US Red, but I believe that was the first one with the new Gunner Records logo on the back cover, so the cover is different than the previous Euro pressings.
Back to top Go down
http://deadformat.net/tradelist/chrisjhatfield1983
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?   How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:19 pm

im still missing SATQ white 7s, and the all aboard black, to be honest my first thoughts were the same about that set of records but as I only miss the black vinyl I might aswell try and get it now.
I do include all the split singles and Brian Fallon records aswell .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?   How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many people have COMPLETE Gaslight Anthem vinyl collection?
Page 1 of 1