DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Songs Everyone Likes

Go down 
+14
Stevearm
PFREEZY
thecosmickid
JoshRaymond
e7c
Palmer89
simo
sarahjay
MKULTRA
kieran
stephendgaf
steph
rhg5010
tdawg
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

Songs Everyone Likes Empty
PostSubject: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:42 pm

NPR's All Songs Considered is doing a "Decade in Music" list and picking out major songs for music as a whole in the past decade. For 06, they grabbed Crazy by Gnarles Barkley and mentioned that it was one of those songs everyone liked.

I got to thinking, what other songs are pretty universally liked? Songs your parents, neighbors, and coworkers 90% of the time agree it's good. There's always a hater somewhere, but in general what does everyone like?
I'll start a list (all songs up for challenge)

-Let It Be - The Beatles
-Crazy - Gnarles Barkley
-Beethoven's 9th Symphony (at least Ode to Joy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:19 pm

I'd say White Wedding by Billy Idol

And while we're on "Billy"s, is there anyone who dislikes ANYTHING from Billy Joel's album The Stranger?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:01 pm

ooh dont get me started on billy idol. *shiver* he once cupped my face and sang "rebel yell" to me. okay, not exclusively to me...there were a few...hundred other people there.

i realize "songs everyone loves" comes with an innate expectation that there are always a few haters, but ill just chime in here that i AM that one person that actually went fucking crazy after hearing that stupid song over and over and over and over...

how bout "hey ya"??
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 am

i dont like any of those songs.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:21 pm

I like them all in the sense that I could listen to them if they came on. If I had to choose to listen to them none of them would get my vote. The Beatles have so many other great songs. I find it very hard to listen to any classical and Gnarles Barkely makes me want to lop my own arm off.
Back to top Go down
MKULTRA
Wooderson
Wooderson
MKULTRA

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:46 pm

rhg5010 wrote:
I'd say White Wedding by Billy Idol

And while we're on "Billy"s, is there anyone who dislikes ANYTHING from Billy Joel's album The Stranger?

i know quite a few Billy Joel haters... they say he's too clean cut, and his lyrics are poor and bubblegum-esque

i like him though

i think Let it Be is spot on. never met anyone who doesn't like it. same with I Fought the Law.
Back to top Go down
sarahjay
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sarahjay

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:55 am

Oh man, I HATE that Gnarles Barkley song. I think I'm the only person in the universe who feels that way, too, which makes it worse because it means EVERYONE TURNS IT UP WHEN IT'S ON THE RADIO AND I GO NUTS.

As for songs I think everyone loves...I feel like a lot of people like classic U2 songs, like "Where the Streets Have No Name." Or, at least, they should. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 am

You'd think so w/ U2, but I'm amazed at how many U2 haters there are out there! It defies logic. Then again, so does hatin' Crazy Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 am

Classic U2 is great. I feel that the only people that really hate them are the people that are trying to be indie. As far as the average population, you'd probably get a large majority liking U2, or at least not hating it.

But for any U2 haters, listen to their early output. Boy through Unforgettable Fire is my favorite period. Watch the Red Rocks DVD too. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:09 am

I think you will find most people hate Bono seeing as he is a self-righteous twat. I know I do but however I like the bands earlier output
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 am

I do like a few U2 songs, but as Kieran says, Bono just makes the band spo hateable.

Thats not the reason I don't like them, I've just never connected with them as a band, but if it wasn't for Bono I certainly wouldn't have the distaste t=for them that I do.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:57 am

3 Little Birds by Bob Marley
What I Got by Sublime

are the only two that come to mind right now
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 pm

The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
Back to top Go down
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:21 pm

Ring of Fire
Back to top Go down
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 pm

I can't stand U2 or ring of fire and no one over thirty likes sublime or bob marley
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 6:22 pm

No one over thirty likes Bob Marley? Considering he was quite famous in the 70's, I'm sure there are plenty of people who lived then that still like him. My dad likes him.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 8:14 pm

PFREEZY wrote:
no one over thirty likes sublime or bob marley

What? you are kidding right? I know that every college kid has a Bob Marley poster in their dorm with weed all over it... people over 30 like Bob Marley for more than just being a marijuana spokesman
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:56 am

To be honest I've never even understood how you could hate Bono. I think he means well, and is a genuinely nice guy, regardless of whether he comes off as arrogant or whatever.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:27 am

simo wrote:
To be honest I've never even understood how you could hate Bono. I think he means well, and is a genuinely nice guy, regardless of whether he comes off as arrogant or whatever.

There are many reason dont get me started though. Songs Everyone Likes Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 6:29 am

PFREEZY wrote:
I can't stand U2 or ring of fire and no one over thirty likes sublime or bob marley

MY 50+ Dad begs to differ we used to sit around listening to reggae a lot when I was a kid and Bob Marley LPs made frequent appearances.
Back to top Go down
Palmer89
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: RE: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 7:43 am

simo wrote:

He comes off as a complete and utter...you know.

Besides, he's always going on about saving Africa and the envirinment as he's off jetting around in planes, tour buses, playing huge gigs that take up enormous amounts of power.

He's an arrogant tosser (on the face of things) and seems highly hypocritical. He may be a genuinly nice guy and trying to do good, but he's doing alot worse than good acting the way he does.

Songs Everyone Likes 220px-Bono_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival

Come on, thats just a face you'd love to punch...I genuinly believe he actually thinks he's the greatest man n earth.

-----

As for songs everyone likes, Most MJ songs, Thriller particularly. Billie Jeane, Gotta Be Starting Something etc.

A lot of Queen songs as well, Bohemian Rhapsody (although I know a few people who don't like it just because it's so popular).
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 5:33 pm

I think the GLA discography is something everyone here likes. haha
Back to top Go down
Stevearm
Wooderson
Wooderson
Stevearm

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:23 am

I'd have to say Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran and Fox on The Run by Sweet
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/stevearm
PFREEZY
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 am

e7c wrote:
PFREEZY wrote:
no one over thirty likes sublime or bob marley

I know that every college kid has a Bob Marley poster in their dorm with weed all over it

That was more what i was focusing on.
Back to top Go down
http://freezy.tumblr.com
stupendoussven
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
stupendoussven

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry and I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like Dammit by Blink-182
Back to top Go down
http://sirsvenjensen.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs Everyone Likes   Songs Everyone Likes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Songs Everyone Likes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next