DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Empty
PostSubject: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:02 pm

So, tomorrow night I'm gonna move and I have a 12-hour drive ahead of me. I need new music (or else I'll probably die of boredom), so music recommendations are welcome! Smile

(I would prefer if you'd post a download link with the recommendation too, it's not necessary though).
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Hmm... The National!! Boxer is an ace album. As for a link.... sorry man, I don't want to officially endorse piracy (arrr!). Torrent should be easy to find though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:03 pm

The National - Alligator
Tom Petty - Southern Accents
Off With Their Heads - From The Bottom
Dear Landlord - Dream Homes
Eve 6 - Eve 6 or Horroscope
Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind or Out Of The Vein

Hope those albums help get you through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:24 pm

The Courteeners - St. Jude.

Assuming if you're location is Sweden you may not have heard of them before.

A friend recommended the National to me the other week, said they were good but take a bit of 'getting used to'. I still have to check them out.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:32 pm

Please indulge me, Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" is a great song for the road. I love it when it gets to the lines: "The mornin sun is risin, it's kissin the dayayay".
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 pm

^Journey made some great road trip songs. Best part is when you're in a car and everyone's singin along at the top of their lungs!

And hey, Rodrigo y Gabriela are a nice change of pace for any road trip. Pop their self-titled album in when you get a bit fatigued, and you'll be up and pumpin adrenaline in no time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
I Came To Dance
A Contender
A Contender
I Came To Dance

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Thank you all, I'm gonna check out all your recommendations. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!   I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've got a looong drive ahead of me, recommend me some music!
Page 1 of 1