DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from another Brit!

Go down 
+6
Daire
Emyr
steady now steady now
tdawg
Jukebox Romeo
KittyKat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

Hi from another Brit! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Never joined a forum for anything before so TGA must be good! Coming at you from London...saw their last 3 London gigs...and front row at Glastonbury just ROCKED!! It all started when I heard Old White Lincoln on Virgin (Absolute) Radio...

Right now can't stop singing Senor and The Queen whilst cycling to work! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:37 pm

hey, welcome to the forum! this is a good one to join as your first. we're all pretty nice here. that's awesome that you've already seen them so much. i've only seen them once, unfortunately. can't wait to see them again
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Welcome! TGA fans are a special bunch, as you may have noticed. We all seem to somewhat think alike, it's sorta creepy. In a good way of course Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:38 pm

and 'Hi' to you

in fact, the UK contingent on here is pretty large, as is TGA's UK fan base presumably; TGA also seem to get a lot of press in the UK, more so than seems to be coming out of US publications
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Hello!

I didn't know they played Gaslight on Absolute. I think I've heard 59 Sound once maybe.. not that I listen too much.

Senor and the Queen is a fine song (unless you meant the ep which is also very fine). Personally I like to dance around the kitchen to it. Haha. Wink

Anyway, welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://emmaprew.blogspot.com
Daire
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Daire

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:42 pm

There's loads of Yanks and Brits on here, but everyone knows it's the Irish member that actually makes this place.

Smile

Welcome to the site. Were you standing anywhere near the fool dressed up as Wally @ Glastonbury? (No offence, if that was actually you!)
Back to top Go down
KittyKat
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
KittyKat

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:52 pm

He he...was nearish to Wally I think, not me! (There was a whole group of them on site, obviously just one a GA fan).

I sadly sat and analysed the video which was on the BBC link and saw myself twice, proudly noted the minutes and seconds and now it's just a short clip! Hmmph!!

Thanks for the hellos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:50 pm

hey kiitycat

i also love listening to music while riding my bike to university and everywhere else Wink
yeah, seems pretty much like a british invasion.

or maybe it's just because british people tend to have a better taste of music (in my opinion) than most people over here Wink

so have fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forums. Hope to see you around!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:32 am

Hello and welcome- British users seem to be a huge presence on this forum!
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:44 pm

One thing I noticed about having all these brits here... it's weird being on different time cycles.
I'm not sure what the hour difference is, but it's pretty much dead here between 10 pm and the early morning US time (high-time for posts in most forums). So when I come online about 11 AM, there's a ton of new posts!

I ask when they posted, and they say, "While you were sleeping."
Sry, don't know where that came from. Curse Sandra Bullock movies.
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:55 pm

I think the time difference is about 8 hours. Or for east coast anyway, maybe? I could be very wrong. And it varies across the US anyway right? It's huge.

But then it's good to come and browse all the new posts, right?
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Emyr wrote:
I think the time difference is about 8 hours. Or for east coast anyway, maybe? I could be very wrong. And it varies across the US anyway right? It's huge.

But then it's good to come and browse all the new posts, right?

Looks like it's a 6 hour difference. You guys are GMT, right? I'm in the central time zone in the States, which is GMT-6.
You're right, though. It's pretty neat to just go through all the replies, instead of waiting for them. But then again, it feels less like I'm in a conversation Sad
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Awww yeah I suppose. You're in a conversation now! lol.
We're GMT+1 at the moment I think because we changed the clocks half way through the year, daylight saving or whatever. Not sure why we're the only place that does that..
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:13 pm

True enough! I've got a narrow window to catch all of you before you go to sleep. Smile

And I forgot about daylight savings. We do it too, but I can never remember if we're "in" in it or "out" of it. I assume we're on daylight savings the same time you are.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:13 pm

us yankees do daylight savings too. my time zone is 5 hours behind GMT
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Man Jukebox, can you imagine what it'd be like if our whole country fit into one time zone? No more TV show times announced as 9/8 central!
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:19 pm

yeah, that would be crazy. and there would be no cool flights from Ohio to Colorado where you land at the same time you took off
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Such madness!! Thank God for manifest destiny, m i right?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:28 pm

yezzir
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:33 pm

we dont do daylight savings. never can trust those tv show times 9/8 central means nothing when youre the only state that doesnt bother with daylight savings time.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:37 pm

really? that's weird. i know all of Indiana didn't do it 'til last year. only certain counties did daylight savings, which is reeeally dumb. the time changed depending on which county you were in
Back to top Go down
Emyr
A Contender
A Contender
Emyr

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
us yankees do daylight savings too.

I did not know this. Learnt something new today. lol.

Must be kinda weird to have tv shows and such on at different times in different areas of America.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 pm

haha yeah that doesnt make sense. as far as i know, arizona and indian reservations, i think, are the only places that dont.

it is funny how many brits are on this board considering how large the united states are. is the uk just super-populated? or do they really just have better taste in music?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from another Brit!   Hi from another Brit! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from another Brit!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next