DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Against Me!

Go down 
+92
OldHaunts
CluckyB
A_Regular
azlisa
Breanne
LuceroDiehard
rumham
AGoodTime
HorribleCrowe
Jack
Grant Michael
enola
BuddyHolly
ThisMachineKillsFascists
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
Holland
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
xstevenbx
dmac
NeverTrustAJunkie
nebraska
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Angry Johnny Revue
Klown
Rob Himself
TGAforLIFE
plugga
n_nicole
eremitapa
Harbortown
Reinvent good times
DeathoftheCool
Bea
Tiffany
kkent16
Sinngh
Ghost To Coast
colmillionaire
verbos
fullcollapse
simo
clashcityrocker
40 Miler
Henriflame
Perka
Ryan
ral
Tim was here
drifter69
ksupilot
kcdc
steph
Johnny99
loazis
DavyGrolton
Jaywalk
Daggar Slade
rivercities
vamike
I Came To Dance
Prisoner
Stevearm
Vibes
JadedGoober7
thecosmickid
andy.mac
Refused
bradcooke
Asleepontheforestfloor
Jjaeger240
stephendgaf
kieran
sonix
laurendelore
ambrose
Forum Owner
Jukebox Romeo
dandangoose
CABBAGEDoVD!
syebot
Suck_It_Trebek
spraypainthero
billy pilgrim
Stalls_Standing
JoshRaymond
e7c
PatientFabiWheel
hyperballad
JakobDoetman
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Against Me! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:04 am

So shocked to hear this news. I think it will be strange adapting to Against Me! Having the same front man but in a different gender. At the end of the day its going to be the same person with the same songs and the same song ideas and the musics the reason we like any band so I guess nothing will change. I wonder how different the voice will be when the tracheal shave has taken place...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:54 am

I really hope she doesn't stop making music, and I really hope to see her this year!!!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Most of the article is on the b9 board. Its super interesting. Can't really read any of the comments because the posters on that board are the definition of "scum of the Earth".

Also a lot of the songs make more sense now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:33 pm

actually the pics on b9 board are the pics steph took, you can find them in this thread!
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:45 pm

whoops, totally missed that...sorry steph!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
At the end of the day its going to be the same person with the same songs and the same song ideas and the musics the reason we like any band so I guess nothing will change.

Nailed it!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
whoops, totally missed that...sorry steph!

haha, no problem, they were shitty pictures, didn't realize they would be shared everywhere! Razz

you guys scared me about reading Brian's reaction, but it wasn't what i thought it would be. Smile
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gaslight-anthem-glaad-support-tom-gabel-coming-out-as-transgender-20120509

sooo much loooovee!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm

I thought Brian's reaction was perfect. He was supportive and accepting, and I liked that he was angry at the jerks out there who are being abusive. It's good that he's not afraid to speak his mind.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:07 pm

plugga wrote:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gaslight-anthem-glaad-support-tom-gabel-coming-out-as-transgender-20120509

sooo much loooovee!

Nice!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Gaslight's tweet was so great.

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:15 pm

it was <3 so proud of them
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm

It was a shock to find out about I think it's great he's doing this if he's unhappy the way he is. And it's so brave of him to do this, being the wellknown person he is.

I never noticed this before but someone at punknews pointed this out. These are some lyrics from AM's song The Ocean:

And if I could have chosen, I would have been born a woman
My mother once told me she would have named me Laura

And check out this video from the Revival Tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMh4DclBNJg

We could've seen this comming...
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I can't imagine a bit how itmust feel like to not feel at home in the own body. What I can say it's amazing to read all the supporting messages here and on twitter. I only hope that Tom will find total happiness in being Laura.

And I refuse to read any negative comment.

Wells said, fullcollapse.
Thank you or posting the article, Steph. Is it the issue with Obama on the cover?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Don't read the negative comments, I read some of the stuff on TMZ (I know...I know...) and it was disgusting, granted, some said they didn't agree, but wished him the best. Others couldn't even rise up from the gutter to give him even that much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:31 pm

enola wrote:
I can't imagine a bit how itmust feel like to not feel at home in the own body. What I can say it's amazing to read all the supporting messages here and on twitter. I only hope that Tom will find total happiness in being Laura.

Thank you or posting the article, Steph. Is it the issue with Obama on the cover?

Steph mentioned in a previous post that Peter Dinklage is on the cover. I don't know if it's out in stores yet.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:
enola wrote:

Steph mentioned in a previous post that Peter Dinklage is on the cover. I don't know if it's out in stores yet.

Ok, thanks. Because I only found the Obama one ....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:30 pm

enola wrote:
enola wrote:

its on the issue that comes out on friday
Back to top Go down
Grant Michael
A Contender
A Contender
Grant Michael

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:38 pm

enola wrote:
enola wrote:

It will be in stores on Friday, but most subscribers get it 2-3 days early. The issue with President Obama on the cover is the May 10 issue. The issue with Dinklage on the cover and the Against Me! article is the May 24 issue. Confusing, I know. Here's the one you're looking for:

Spoiler:

Not to politicize this thread, but speaking of President Obama, this seems like it has some relevance to the conversation at hand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/10/us/politics/obama-says-same-sex-marriage-should-be-legal.html
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:13 pm

Election year.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm

i'm kind of surprised he came out in favor of same sex marriage, more strongly than he has in the past, being that it IS election year. but who cares why, it's fucking awesome. i knew he would support same sex marriage eventually, but politics is politics. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:16 pm

well election year or not it's pretty awesome that he said that in public
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:17 pm

But hasn't been that supportive before when pushed on the matter. Tried to dodge the matter a lot from what I seem to gather, even though he was for it many years ago.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Klown wrote:
But hasn't said it before when pushed on the matter.

i know...i thought he was just holding off on saying it because he didn't want to ostracize any moderate voters that might vote for him. that's why i was surprised he said it in an election year.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm going to bow out at this point, not through not wanting to discuss what was said more, I would love to, but I only have a very basic knowledge of the man. To be honest, I probably should have not said a word in that regards, but what is there, can't be deleted now.

EDIT : Tom just posted this on his Twitter.

Quote :
Tommy Gabel ‏ @tommygabel
Thank you all so much for the support and love. It's honestly humbling, inspiring and life changing for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against Me!
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: