DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Against Me!

Go down 
+92
OldHaunts
CluckyB
A_Regular
azlisa
Breanne
LuceroDiehard
rumham
AGoodTime
HorribleCrowe
Jack
Grant Michael
enola
BuddyHolly
ThisMachineKillsFascists
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
Holland
njguy99
StitchesOnTheRadio
TGAFAN25
xstevenbx
dmac
NeverTrustAJunkie
nebraska
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Angry Johnny Revue
Klown
Rob Himself
TGAforLIFE
plugga
n_nicole
eremitapa
Harbortown
Reinvent good times
DeathoftheCool
Bea
Tiffany
kkent16
Sinngh
Ghost To Coast
colmillionaire
verbos
fullcollapse
simo
clashcityrocker
40 Miler
Henriflame
Perka
Ryan
ral
Tim was here
drifter69
ksupilot
kcdc
steph
Johnny99
loazis
DavyGrolton
Jaywalk
Daggar Slade
rivercities
vamike
I Came To Dance
Prisoner
Stevearm
Vibes
JadedGoober7
thecosmickid
andy.mac
Refused
bradcooke
Asleepontheforestfloor
Jjaeger240
stephendgaf
kieran
sonix
laurendelore
ambrose
Forum Owner
Jukebox Romeo
dandangoose
CABBAGEDoVD!
syebot
Suck_It_Trebek
spraypainthero
billy pilgrim
Stalls_Standing
JoshRaymond
e7c
PatientFabiWheel
hyperballad
JakobDoetman
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Against Me! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm

Against Me! - Page 16 Img_1220
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Against Me! - Page 16 Img_1222
Against Me! - Page 16 Img_1223
Against Me! - Page 16 Img_1224

and before you make any pervy comments about the whitish stain on my blanket, that is from my dog chewing his bones on my bed Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:42 pm

well totally cried a bit, FUCK HORMONES!
it is a beautiful article though, happy for him!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:44 pm

plugga wrote:
well totally cried a bit, FUCK HORMONES!
it is a beautiful article though, happy for him!

aww Hug i know, good for him

sorry those photos friggin suck, didn't realize the date stamp was on everything, but i think you can get the gist!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:45 pm

yeah I am definitely buying the issue, I will post better pics from my ipad!!

Hug
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:46 pm

my mind is blown. whoaaaaa
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:51 pm

..except rolling stone doesn't have an app? WHAT IS THIS, 2008?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Oh wow, I never would have seen that coming. Good for him, though. That takes a lot of guts to come out like that, especially when you're as well known as he is. Hopefully he gets all the support he needs!
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

How come this isn't all over the internet?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:50 pm

because the magazine isn't out yet, I believe subscribers get it first
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:52 pm

That must be it. Searching Twitter and other sites and the only people who come up talking about are members of this forum it seems like.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:55 pm

yeah plus a couple of other people i don't know on twitter! it's beautiful that everyone is being so supportive!!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:56 pm

this is shocking. holy crap. well that's good for him, it'll be awesome to see this badass chick fronting against me in the coming years cheers
I was mostly afraid that he was gonna stop making music, but it sounds like he'll continue doing that so hooray
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:00 pm

like I said, he better be at the european revival tour!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:27 pm

can't wait to buy this issue. such an amazing thing on Tom's part
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm

When does it come out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm

The cool thing about music is that what once was at one time will always be. Records are like a round, flat time capsule. And no matter what happens, you can always go back and listen and be taken back to that part of your life that made it so important to you.

I think later this week or maybe next week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Laura Jane Grace is a pretty name.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:47 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/tom-gabel-of-against-me-comes-out-as-transgender-20120508
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm not all that familiar with Against Me!, but I think Tom Gabel must be an incredibly brave person for discussing this so openly with Rolling Stone. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult living like that could be for someone.
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:10 pm

This has me too choked up for words. Someone very close to me is trans, and as for myself, while I don't have strong enough feelings to transition, I don't exactly identify as completely female. There are so many people in this scene who are living with fear and secrecy and something like this is exactly what we all need. I can't even comprehend the courage she has to do this and I am beyond proud of what she is doing for herself.

This is incredibly beautiful, and so insanely necessary for so many people to see. This is just huge. In so many ways. I've never been more proud of or happy for a person in my entire life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

I have so much respect for Tom because of this. This takes a shitload of guts and I applaud him. It's tough to come out as anything outside the heteronormative norms, so this is a big step in any context. I hope he gets all the support he needs.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:17 pm

shit, i'd have taken better pictures if i knew they were gonna be everywhere! Razz weird.

fullcollapse wrote:
This has me too choked up for words. Someone very close to me is trans, and as for myself, while I don't have strong enough feelings to transition, I don't exactly identify as completely female. There are so many people in this scene who are living with fear and secrecy and something like this is exactly what we all need. I can't even comprehend the courage she has to do this and I am beyond proud of what she is doing for herself.

This is incredibly beautiful, and so insanely necessary for so many people to see. This is just huge. In so many ways. I've never been more proud of or happy for a person in my entire life.

Hug

also, Tom Gabel is trending on Twitter, and not to be a total cheeseball, but it's pretty heartwarming to see how overwhelmingly supportive and kind people are being!
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:18 pm

fullcollapse wrote:

yeah, this is crazy, groundbreaking too. like they said, the first major rock star to come out as transgender right? really brave
Back to top Go down
fullcollapse
Wooderson
Wooderson
fullcollapse

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Klown wrote:
Said it before, and will say it again, fair play to him for this. If it encourages more people who feel like this, to be honest with others, and I guess themselves, then it can only be a good thing.

And this is why I know this is so, so huge.

Like. I don't have the right to go into detail about something that doesn't directly involve my own body, but I wish I could because this is such a fantastic time to do it. I can just say that in my life there have been so many questions about how one can continue to exist within the punk scene as a person who is about to transition, is transitioning, or has transitioned. I mean, overall it's an extremely open and welcoming scene, but this is a huge and often little known about concept.

I've already seen so many phrases all over the internet that have enraged me but I cannot fault people for simply not knowing. I mean, she was never a man; she never considered herself a man, always a woman who was born with a body that is not congruent with her identity. She's not having a "sex change;" first comes hormone therapy that triggers many physical changes, and then later on, some trans people choose to undergo "sexual reassignment surgery" which is surgery to reassign the sexual organs from birth to sexual organs that match the person's identity.

It's a very sensitive topic with specific wording and some people explode at others for "getting it wrong" but seriously, as long as people aren't being blatant asses, people can't be faulted for not knowing the details; after all, how many people either are trans or are close enough to someone who is that they'd want or need to know all this?

I'd be happy to talk about this forever. It's a topic that is so ~close to my heart~ and I'm still in shock over this news, because I never expected anyone to have this kind of courage. I'm so excited for her and it's just so damn admirable I can't even contain myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Against Me!   Against Me! - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Against Me!
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DimeStoreSaints.com :: Other :: Other Bands-
Jump to: