DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Empty
PostSubject: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:54 pm

So it seems the guys are playing a show here in Seattle finally. A dream come true really. But wait, the only way to get into the show is by winning tickets on what I consider a lame radio station that I have no interest in listening to? How stoked am I, playing locally and pretty much no chance of winning tickets. Anyways, just figured I would whine a little online. If anyone knows the guys and wants to hit them up for try and get me on the guestlist, would be super stoked and would trade records if you could make it happen.
Back to top Go down
http://18milesaminute.wordpress.com
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:39 pm

I'll see what i can do
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 5:52 pm

Vibes wrote:
I'll see what i can do

I'd be super stoked if you put in a word for me, but not expecting anything. I did shoot them an email and offered to buy them lunch, so we'll see what happens...
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:31 pm

anyone got an email for these guys? No response to my myspace message I sent earlier this week.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:53 pm

I heard about this show when I was up in seattle. I live about 2.5 hours away from seattle and 3.5 hours away from portland.

If I was 21 I would try to make it to the seattle show, but I think I'm going to the portland one. Portlands a cooler town anyways. But hey, seattle does have the sounders.
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:02 am

When is the seatlle show?
Back to top Go down
geeezfoo

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:49 pm

the 11th I think. Still no luck on getting a ticket, but been trying to listen to this station as much as I can to win some. If not, you will find me outside the venue with a sign asking if anyone has an extra spot on the guestlist. This sucks....
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:44 pm

[quote="geeezfoo"]the 11th I think. Still no luck on getting a ticket, but been trying to listen to this station as much as I can to win some. If not, you will find me outside the venue with a sign asking if anyone has an extra spot on the guestlist. This sucks....[/quote]

If all else fails, you could always go to the portland show. Scott and I are going down for that. But the venue they're playing at is rad! It's a smaller venue with a bar and a restaurant. I saw Sunn0))) there and it was awesome! The size of the venue gives a very intimate feel that is hard to match (especially since gaslight has grown in popularity) Also, your not going to only see 7 gaslight songs than have to put up with alkine trio, thrice, and rise against. This set should be 20 songs or more!!! It's going to be SOOOO good!

Just think about it man. Tickets are 15 bucks, and they're selling em at safeway so you could prolly get a friend to pick one up for you.
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Asleepontheforestfloor wrote:
geeezfoo wrote:
the 11th I think. Still no luck on getting a ticket, but been trying to listen to this station as much as I can to win some. If not, you will find me outside the venue with a sign asking if anyone has an extra spot on the guestlist. This sucks....

If all else fails, you could always go to the portland show. Scott and I are going down for that. But the venue they're playing at is rad! It's a smaller venue with a bar and a restaurant. I saw Sunn0))) there and it was awesome! The size of the venue gives a very intimate feel that is hard to match (especially since gaslight has grown in popularity) Also, your not going to only see 7 gaslight songs than have to put up with alkine trio, thrice, and rise against. This set should be 20 songs or more!!! It's going to be SOOOO good!

Just think about it man. Tickets are 15 bucks, and they're selling em at safeway so you could prolly get a friend to pick one up for you.

well shit, guess I could get into that, gonna suck driving down and back up and waking up for work by 6, oh well, a few bands are worth it. I'll look into getting tickets, but I'm still planning on standing in front of the venue in seattle, ticket or not, lol
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 6:03 pm

Yeah, I gotta get up at 7 the next day, but dude, it's gaslight. It sucks that you have to listen to the end to get tickets. I mean I was up for 2 days and I heard the same ten songs over and over again. But I'd still wait in front to try to get it. The one problem with that might be that their using a guestlist and not tickets.

But dude, If all else fails, portland is a good option.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 7:01 pm

dude, portland definitely sounds like your best bet! I've driven 4 hrs to see those guys before and felt completely satisfied!
Back to top Go down
geezfools
A Contender
A Contender
geezfools

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Asleepontheforestfloor wrote:
Yeah, I gotta get up at 7 the next day, but dude, it's gaslight. It sucks that you have to listen to the end to get tickets. I mean I was up for 2 days and I heard the same ten songs over and over again. But I'd still wait in front to try to get it. The one problem with that might be that their using a guestlist and not tickets.

But dude, If all else fails, portland is a good option.

See, I'm hoping someone won tickets and their date/friend backs out or they just go alone and they have an extra spot. Since I'm assuming most spots will be name +1, so I'll hopefully fill the +1 spot. We'll see what happens. Funny thing is, I was driving home at 1am last night and figured I would call the station to ask them if they had any tickets to give away in the next couple of hours. I tried calling 12 times and it was busy every single time, even at 1am. I've gotten through once in probably 100 calls and it rang a thousand times and no one ever picked up.
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:54 pm

[quote="geezfools"][quote="Asleepontheforestfloor"]Yeah, I gotta get up at 7 the next day, but dude, it's gaslight. It sucks that you have to listen to the end to get tickets. I mean I was up for 2 days and I heard the same ten songs over and over again. But I'd still wait in front to try to get it. The one problem with that might be that their using a guestlist and not tickets.

But dude, If all else fails, portland is a good option.[/quote]

See, I'm hoping someone won tickets and their date/friend backs out or they just go alone and they have an extra spot. Since I'm assuming most spots will be name +1, so I'll hopefully fill the +1 spot. We'll see what happens. Funny thing is, I was driving home at 1am last night and figured I would call the station to ask them if they had any tickets to give away in the next couple of hours. I tried calling 12 times and it was busy every single time, even at 1am. I've gotten through once in probably 100 calls and it rang a thousand times and no one ever picked up.[/quote]

Oh that sucks, but you'll prolly get in to the Seattle show. Just bring a record down and trade it for a spot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed   gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gaslight anthem playing seattle and I'm bummed
Page 1 of 1