DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation

Go down 
+8
I Came To Dance
kyleetrotter
steady now steady now
e7c
rhg5010
Jukebox Romeo
Vibes
Risenomega
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 pm

Bea wrote:
old thread coming back to life... i'm getting into all those pre-Gaslight bands, and there are some things about surrogate mckenzie that are bugging me: for example, do we know when was this? (like, 2000? 2002?) did the albums ever came out physically? if so, when and where are the covers? and who were the members of this band? was this before Cincinnati Rail Tie and Amping Copper?
i know those are a lot of questions, but i hope someone could give some answers Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_smile

all the info I have is on my site at http://www.gaslightanthem.org/earlier.htm

although I lack dates for most of these earlier bands, I gather that Surrogate McKenzie came before Amping Cooper, which came before Cincinnati Rail Tie
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm

According to the iTunes info, the first two SM albums (S/T and Songs to Grow Up To...) came out in 1998. I'm pretty sure the last one (The Six Degrees of Separation...) came out in 2000. And, also according to the iTunes info, the Amping Copper demo was released in 2001. The CRT EP was released in 2004.
Back to top Go down
Bea
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 6:46 pm

thank you so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:23 am

Well, I've finally go hold of a photo of Surrogate McKenzie (taken after a show at Girls Inc. in Newark, Delaware, in 1999 or 2000).

Okay, it's not the clearest of photos, but I like the mysterious edge. Aside from Brian (I assume he's the one on the right), who are the other guys?

Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Surrogate%20McKenzie
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
Gaslight23
Wooderson
Wooderson
Gaslight23

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Been wondering, is it Brian doing the shouting part in the song Switch?
Back to top Go down
cialo7
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
cialo7

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi all! Smile
This is my first post here. I love TGA since I discover them, but last time I listen earlier bands of TGA members. I found Surrogate Mckenzie on that forum, but I have some troubles with lyrics. It is hard to me to hear all words, so I ask You for help Smile
I mean, someone could write a lyric to song Surrogate McKenzie"All you got"?
I'll be grateful!
Greetings from Poland!
Back to top Go down
Dimestore Romeo
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:40 am

Damn Id Pay Great Money for some Surrogate Mckenzie and Amping Copper Stuff, My Friend Has the Coffeehouse Sessions, but wont let me get ahold of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation   Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surrogate Mckenzie- Six Degrees of Seperation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2