DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Casey
A Contender
A Contender
Casey

Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show Empty
PostSubject: Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show   Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm only posting this here because: (1) Vancouver shows usually aren't like this and I feel like Brian won the bad luck lottery; and (2) I know he either lurks here or someone here has a connection (based on the interviews we've done with him).

Last night was brutal. There were a few drunken idiots that were yelling at Brian between every song (or during some songs). At first it was ok and funny - stuff like "We fucking love you Brian!". But it became worse and worse over time (probably in correlation to the amount of alcohol they drank). It ended up becoming people just yelling requests for Gaslight songs to Brian or just yelling Free Bird. Brian played it off really well and was able to make jokes for the first 5 or 6 times, but you could tell midway through he was unimpressed. The whole ordeal was basically "dance monkey dance!!" but over and over, I was cringing.

At one point, Brian said something along the lines of "what gives you the right to yell and ruin it for everyone else?" which the tool responded with "because I paid for it." Brian then got his wallet out and approached the guy to give him his money back so he would leave. Near the end of the show, Brian called back behind stage saying "When do we go to the next city? Great!"

Brian was trying to connect with the audience between songs and tell stories about how he came up with the ideas, and a few of these douchebags kept yelling at him. The last 4 songs he played continuously with no break in between as you could tell he wanted to get the hell out of there. I really wish the security kicked these people out so the rest of us could have enjoyed the show more. People were telling them to shut the fuck up but somehow it persisted.

The show itself was fantastic. Loved the piano renditions of songs like Handwritten and Painkillers. His cover of Don't Think Twice, It's Alright was on point. And Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts was the perfect closer.

When people were still standing after the last song which was a duet with Craig Finn, I started walking out and asked people "you really fucking think he's going to do an encore now?"

It was the most embarrassing show I've been to for how bad our crowd was. My theory is that the heckler's only point of reference was the Gaslight Anthem and they got too drunk and expected a rock show. Even then, their behaviour wouldn't have been excusable. Anyways, if you're reading this Brian - I hope this doesn't ruin Vancouver for you.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show   Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 7:36 am

This sounds painful. I've been to a show where a few idiots ruined Brian's mood by just shouting out stuff like that, but not to that degree. There's really now excuse. How can people be too dumb to know what kind of a show they're going to? Myabe Brian should tell people the format of the show up front and tell secutriy to throw out people who are disruptive. As a fellow concert goer, I wouldn't want to put up with this shit either.

That's why I go to the opera, nobody would dare talk during performances ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show   Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 8:49 am

I agree, I really wish these people would just be thrown out. I’ve seen Brian try to reason with them on occasion (never seen it to that extent, thankfully) and I find it just makes it worse, as they’re getting the attention they crave.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show   Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apology to Brian for the Vancouver show
Page 1 of 1