DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

“If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow

Go down 
+3
miked331
crsmsi
jonnyz83
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

“If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 6:17 pm

Brian announced on Twitter that Zane Lowe will be debuting a new song from the album tomorrow (though we have heard it live already) - “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”

Will be on at 12:30 pm ET on Apple Music's Beats1.

Source: https://twitter.com/thebrianfallon/status/941001160395288581
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

“If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 pm

It's on the Youtubes now, too:

I really, really like it. It's even happy... This record will be great!
Back to top Go down
jonnyz83
A Contender
A Contender
jonnyz83

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 pm

I like it more than I thought I would from the live performances on Youtube. Really outstanding bridge IMO - good contrast to rest of the song.
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 7:16 am

jonnyz83 wrote:
I like it more than I thought I would from the live performances on Youtube.

Me too. The live version sounded a bit boring and muddy to me, but this has a lot more soul.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 10:16 am

This song is just incredible. Gets better each listen

Agree. Live version will get better. That was the first performance with a new band.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 5:43 pm

Greeeeeat fucking song. I'm blown away!

The intro riff has such a cool, dark tone to it. The rest of the song is just...wonderful. Old school vibes, great energy. Can't wait for the rest of the album.
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Jan 06, 2018 2:54 pm

The live version just seemed to miss all the energy and the groove that make the song special. It’s missing two of the key ingredients though; the Hammond organ and the BVs. I do hope there’s a suitable replacement for Jared in the band, or I think a lot of the material is going to suffer from that.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 8:01 pm

I really like the studio version. When I first saw the live clip on youtube, it was a "meh" reaction. My son, who is just shy of 8, also likes the single a lot and after playing quite a bit at his request he's started to get into older stuff too so we've opened the floodgates now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 pm

I love that song! it stucks in my head for days!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow   “If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

“If Your Prayers Don’t Go To Heaven”, new song from Sleepwalkers to debut tomorrow
Page 1 of 1