DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I wrote a book!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jac185
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

I wrote a book! Empty
PostSubject: I wrote a book!   I wrote a book! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 am

I don't post here often but wanted to post about a book I've written that's about to come out next week.

One of the reasons I fell in love with Gaslight is their ability to give me a sense of hope and momentum in times where I feel totally lost. I wanted to write a book which is about those moments and how you manage to get through them. I even managed to slip in a bit in the middle where the characters sit around listening to Gaslight.

Anyway, just in case any of you are interested, it's called Waves and it's available all over the place as paperback and ebook.

Here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waves-Jared-Carnie/dp/1911129422/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473252232&sr=8-1&keywords=jared+carnie+waves

Back to top Go down
iamthekrisi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

I wrote a book! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wrote a book!   I wrote a book! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 am

Just preorderd, it sounds like a really interesting book so I'm looking forward to reading it! Smile

After a year of complete writer's block I'm just getting back into writing. It must be amazing holding your own book in your hands Very Happy congratulations!
Back to top Go down
jac185
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

I wrote a book! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wrote a book!   I wrote a book! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:01 am

Thanks that's really kind of you!

I'm glad to hear you're getting back into writing - I know it can be a bit soul destroying when you're trying and nothing will come out.

I hope you're enjoying writing again and soon enough it'll all be flowing out of you and one day I'll get to hold a copy of something you've written too.

Seeing a cover with my name on is definitely surreal.
Back to top Go down
iamthekrisi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

I wrote a book! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wrote a book!   I wrote a book! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 10:05 am

My pleasure Smile I'm on holidays next week so this'll make for fantastic reading by the seaside!

It can be but at the same time I ...miss it when I'm not writing. If that makes sense. right now I'm just writing random bits and pieces but it's better than a blank page I suppose.

That's a nice thought to have, thank you Smile

Such a pretty cover it is as well!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I wrote a book! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wrote a book!   I wrote a book! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wrote a book!
Page 1 of 1