DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Expectations (book / movies)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

Great Expectations (book / movies) Empty
PostSubject: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 am

Hey!
I never had a real connection to Great Expectations (the song). So finally decided to read the novel it's based on. And I have to say, I loved every word of it. The only thing that bothered me was the ending.
Spoiler:
That just doesn't make sense. What do you think about that? And is there a movie that's based on the original ending?Chris

Last edited by Cowboys on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:16 pm

Oh shite, put the end in a spoiler please, I wanted to read it but now I kinda know the end
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Done. Sorry about that... Smile
Back to top Go down
HolyBreakOfDay
Wooderson
Wooderson
HolyBreakOfDay

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks, sorry too my post was a bit rough. I'm still gonna read it anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://rockthiswayforum.forumsactifs.com/forum
sandyangryjohnnyormary?
A Contender
A Contender
sandyangryjohnnyormary?

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:57 pm

Cowboys wrote:
Hey!
I never had a real connection to Great Expectations (the song). So finally decided to read the novel it's based on. And I have to say, I loved every word of it. The only thing that bothered me was the ending.
Spoiler:
That just doesn't make sense. What do you think about that? And is there a movie that's based on the original ending?Chris

Spoiler:
It's amazing how much of Brian's style seems pulled straight from that book. Every single scene with Estella reads like a Gaslight song. Him and Pip are kindred souls.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 pm

Does anyone know any interviews where Brian has mentioned the book?
Back to top Go down
crsmsi
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:22 am

Quote :
Does anyone know any interviews where Brian has mentioned the book?
I've heard him mention it somewhere. I think it was in an old German Interview. I'll see if I can find it... Smile

Quote :
It's amazing how much of Brian's style seems pulled straight from that book. Every single scene with Estella reads like a Gaslight song. Him and Pip are kindred souls.
That's exactly how I felt! As I said, I never really cared for the song, but now that I understand the story behind it it's one of my favourites.
Do you know a movie with the original ending?
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 pm

One of my favorite novels and the one that convinced me to study English (literature).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Expectations (book / movies)   Great Expectations (book / movies) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Expectations (book / movies)
Page 1 of 1