DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight anthem gear

Go down 
+11
ShieldYourEyes
Phrequency
dutchin
kieran
Snap
JoshRaymond
Jukebox Romeo
Stalls_Standing
stephendgaf
Vibes
Prisoner
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

Gaslight anthem gear Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:04 am

Does anyone knows what kind of gear the band is exactly playing?
I mean guitars, amps and what kind of effects they use.
Back to top Go down
Vibes
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Vibes

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:50 pm

They're sponsored by Fender. Brian used to play a telecaster but he just bought some kind of a Gibson for the UK tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zackshapiro.com
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:51 pm

it so weird seeing him play that gibson too.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Brian used to always play a Fender telecaster, now uses a Gibson Les Paul it seems.
He uses a Fender amplifier too
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:09 pm

Brian's got a Les Paul Jr. now. Alex R.'s got a Fender Jaguar. I assume Alex L.'s got either a Fender Precision or Fender Jazz Bass. I'm not too sure about amps, but one of them (Alex R. i think) has an Orange amp. As far as effects go, Brian currently uses a Frantone Hi-Ball Overdrive. On this video, they talk about effects for awhile, and you can see all the effects he uses pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGHxOgsndU
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:40 am

what kind of set does benny use?
Back to top Go down
Snap
A Contender
A Contender
Snap

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 am

their Fender gear's up on the site here, though i'm not sure if that's everything
http://fender.com/artists/index.php?id=121

but i can't find anything on Benny's set
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Stalls_Standing wrote:
Brian used to always play a Fender telecaster, now uses a Gibson Les Paul it seems.
He uses a Fender amplifier too

Nah has used a vox on the last two UK tours. Alex uses a fender though I think but he also has the orange he and has that mammoth peddle board.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:33 am

Jukebox Romeo wrote:
Brian's got a Les Paul Jr. now. Alex R.'s got a Fender Jaguar. I assume Alex L.'s got either a Fender Precision or Fender Jazz Bass. I'm not too sure about amps, but one of them (Alex R. i think) has an Orange amp. As far as effects go, Brian currently uses a Frantone Hi-Ball Overdrive. On this video, they talk about effects for awhile, and you can see all the effects he uses pretty well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecGHxOgsndU

Thanks! But what about Alex R. on the song the '59 sound? Which effect do you use to get those octave riffs to sound like that?
Back to top Go down
dutchin
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
dutchin

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 12:37 pm

alex is currently using a fender jazzmaster and two fender amps with an a/b switch

brian has a les paul jr and a vox amp

alex was using a p-bass and from memory an ampeg but ill have to check my pics

all used boss tuners

this info is current as of last weeks montreal show
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyhowellphotography
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Sounds about right from what I remember of the last tour here in the UK. Its an ampeg stack of some sort for sure.
Back to top Go down
Phrequency
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:35 pm

benny's now sponsored by dark horse percussion.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Brian - He used to use Fender Telecasters, ie - the 1952 Reissue, and a '62 player custom. But, now he plays Gibson Les Paul Junior's. One is a 1988 and another I think is a newer model. In them he has custom made pick ups by a guy who designs and makes pick ups in New Jersey. He plays these guitars through a hand wired VOX AC30, used to play fender bassman's) and on his pedal board he has a Boss TU-2 tuner, a Frantone Hi-Ball overdrive, an MXR dyna comp compressor (I believe), a Dan-Electro Dan Echo delay pedal, and another pedal that I'm not sure what it is. He used to use the MXR carbon copy delay, but has since switched to the Dan Echo.

Alex R. - Fender Jazzmasters through a Fender HotRod DeVille 2x12 and a Fender '65 twin reverb, various pedals on his pedal board including the MXR Carbon Copy delay.

Alex L. - Fender P basses through a Fender TB-1200 head ran through ampeg cabs.
Back to top Go down
kieran
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
kieran

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 am

Brian currently looking at the Pinkpop video is running a DR.Z Remedy head through his fender amp and also still has his Vox AC30 up there to probably depending on what song as to which one gets used.
Back to top Go down
tdawg
Wooderson
Wooderson
tdawg

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

A little more detail on those pickups from Fallon's Twitter:
"Luther Lee pickups, that's what I use, for those asking, you should check out www.lutherleepickups.com"
Back to top Go down
http://www.utdallas.edu/~dat054000
thecosmickid
Wooderson
Wooderson
thecosmickid

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdbgY2mONyY&feature=related

Someone linked this in another thread and I saw that alex was playing a telecaster (with strata head).
He stopped playing his jazzmaster a little while ago and now I've seen him use 3 different guitars since then.
Back to top Go down
cleverna

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:12 pm

I know its an old forum but what the hey why not? Very Happy I know brian has recently started playing some vintage les paul customs with p90's very similar to Mike Ness' axe of choice. Specially lose shiny gold tops, gotta love em!
I think alex has been using some les pauls too, alternating sometimes with a Fender 72' deluxe telecaster.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:01 pm

brian has a nice gibson acoustic that ive seen
Back to top Go down
Johnny99
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Its a gibson J 45.
and if you have got a shitload of money i recommend going out and buying one.
Back to top Go down
borrowedcar
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:11 pm

that's a big if lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight anthem gear   Gaslight anthem gear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight anthem gear
Page 1 of 1