DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine

Go down 
+3
ProMayhem
NotLikeWeBleed
NervousFeetHeartofStone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Empty
PostSubject: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Hey guys! I was lucky enough to speak with Brian a week back, and it was nothing short of a life-affirming experience for a huge fan like myself. Pretty stoked with how the piece turned out, I'd love to hear any feedback you might have. Hope this doesn't come across as shameless self-promo (if it helps, I still haven't made a cent after 4 years of music journalism! Haha). Lots of Brian's lyrics buried in here. Cheers!

http://thescenemagazine.ca/homecoming-in-little-eden-a-conversation-with-brian-fallon/
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 11:45 am

I dont care what anybody has to say about that piece of writing right there, it was fucking perfect. So many people do these interviews and it's like they have no idea about the music thats come before, or what has brought Brian to this point. In other words they just don't get it, they're just there for the interview, they're there for some material they desperately need. Which is fine, you gotta do your job. Then there is you my friend.......you get it. Plain and simple, you just get it. Thanks for a great read with my coffee this morning, and some good laughs regarding the production of smoke lol. Keep it up man, goodluck.
Back to top Go down
ProMayhem
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ProMayhem

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 2:18 pm

I really enjoyed reading that! Good work
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 8:12 pm

really great interview! I loved the references to the lyrics in it!
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:37 am

I really enjoyed it...always good to read an article by someone who actually appreciates their subject matter. Made it feel much more personal and less 'going through the motions' than some others I've read recently.
Back to top Go down
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 11:35 pm

Thank you all for the incredibly kind and generous words, I truly appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
The boy from Little Eden
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 1:03 pm

Great article man, you should be extremely proud of yourself!
Back to top Go down
pleasepassthesoup
A Contender
A Contender
pleasepassthesoup

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 1:38 pm

Great work, man. This does a great job putting into words just why Brian's music has been so special to me, particularly this quote you got out of Brian:

“I think to be jaded is really easy, but it’s also a really boring place to be,” he remarks. “People write about what they hate, they tweet about what they don’t like, and I was like, ‘what if you didn’t do that, and you just said what you did like?’ That would be better.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine   New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Brian Fallon Interview- The Scene Magazine
Page 1 of 1