DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine

Go down 
+4
TGAFAN25
Jack
StitchesOnTheRadio
LuceroDiehard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:49 pm

An issue that was hard to make it happen. Finally here you are, with a revision to the Gaslight Anthem. Their career, their four albums, their present, an interview with Brian Fallon...

http://issuu.com/elevenrock/docs/thegaslightanthem
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:11 pm

That was an interesting article. I don't think I understood all of it because the English wasn't very good but content wise there was some good stuff. Although for a while towards the beginning I was wondering if this was an article about Gaslight or Springsteen.
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Didn't like the article one bit, but I always enjoy reading interviews with Brian so thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Pretty impressive English considering hte author is a Spaniard, having said that, I didn't really like the tone of the interview or the writing, but I think that's just because it was lost in translation....
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:07 pm

yeah it was tough to tell what the hell was going on. that interviewer seemed to have balls though. and did Brian say he's already recorded his album with Ian?
Based on the clarity of this article, who the fuck knows
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:23 pm

DeathoftheCool wrote:
yeah it was tough to tell what the hell was going on. that interviewer seemed to have balls though. and did Brian say he's already recorded his album with Ian?
Based on the clarity of this article, who the fuck knows

I know I was so confused. I think that part was translated poorly. He probably meant like he already did Elsie with Ian, as in he already has done something other than a TGA record, and Ian was a part of it. But yeah, very confusing article. I liked the bits that I could understand and that weren't all about Springsteen (I love Bruce but that was quite a lot of him for a TGA article).
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:36 pm

I only got about halfway through the article. Kind of hard to read on a screen.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:58 pm

Thinking about if it was purpose to call the label "SideOneMummy" on the third page about Gaslight. Very Happy Very Happy Except there's too many Springsteen comparisons, an interesting article with a lack of new information..

There are a few statements I'm wondering about (maybe that's a mistake in translation)

Concerning Mercury Brain says: "What I can tell you is that I never had this support before.We can go and ask and they tell us what we can do and what we can't..."

Even if Brian relativizes that statement a few lines later, I regard it as really critical if a label decides (or just influences) about the fact in which direction a band goes. A few month before Handwritten was released Brian said that they didn't care about if fans would like the new songs or not, and just created them however the band wanted the songs to be or not to be. But for me the recent statement hints that the band might not have to look what fans like while writing songs anymore, but what the label likes...and that's not the way I expect a label to "support" a band.

Additionally I find it weird that Brian says "I see they are made to rock arenas" concerning the new songs. Does he make new songs in order to fill arenas with 'em, but does not want the band "to be huge" as he said in another recent interview with theage.com?

Hope you get what I mean, 'cause my english ends here..
Back to top Go down
The Last Jukebox Romeo
Wooderson
Wooderson
The Last Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:20 pm

thomas94 wrote:
Additionally I find it weird that Brian says "I see they are made to rock arenas" concerning the new songs. Does he make new songs in order to fill arenas with 'em, but does not want the band "to be huge" as he said in another recent interview with theage.com?

Hope you get what I mean, 'cause my english ends here..

It seems Mr. Fallon is finding a way to confuse us all and keep us guessing at the moment
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:29 pm

[quote="thomas94"
Concerning Mercury Brain says: "What I can tell you is that I never had this support before.We can go and ask and they tell us what we can do and what we can't..."

Even if Brian relativizes that statement a few lines later, I regard it as really critical if a label decides (or just influences) about the fact in which direction a band goes. A few month before Handwritten was released Brian said that they didn't care about if fans would like the new songs or not, and just created them however the band wanted the songs to be or not to be. But for me the recent statement hints that the band might not have to look what fans like while writing songs anymore, but what the label likes...and that's not the way I expect a label to "support" a band.

Hope you get what I mean, 'cause my english ends here..[/quote]

For the first part I don't think he means they're telling them "no you can't write a song like that, or you have to write like this". I think he means like "you can access a studio that has ___. or you can hire some people to play strings for the record. no you can't fill arenas yet in the US but you can open for arena level bands." etc. I don't know if that's what he means, but he definitely doesn't mean the label's bossing them around, he'd never portray that as a good thing. And they're not looking at what fans like because they have to write for themselves or they'll just mess it all up. If they start trying to meet other people's wants and needs nothing good will come of it. They've said that for a long time.

I think for the last part about arenas he means the songs are BIG enough to fill areans. Like they have a big enough rock sound. I don't know if he wants to be huge or not, I'm guessing not based on recent interviews but that doesn't mean they can't write songs that are meant for arenas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine   Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Interview in eleven Rock Magazine
Page 1 of 1