DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist

Go down 
+13
NotLikeWeBleed
Ashburtongeorge
NeverTrustAJunkie
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
ProMayhem
cowgirlwiththeblues
miked331
Keele
kjakm
Anya_TGA
Prisoner
enola
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:04 am

It would have been cool if Brian was going to pick a cover or more from a list of fan nominated songs.

Still curious what songs they meant out the outset of this announcement.
Back to top Go down
sickgirlesther
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
sickgirlesther

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 10:05 am

Anya_TGA wrote:
cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Noticed this morning that most of the songs have gone from this now - there were hundreds, and now there are only 45.  Does that mean that the rest of us don't get the songs?  Very confused as to how this works.

haven't checked yet...maybe he just picked out his favorite songs and will post the 2 new songs on his own playlist or so... (I have no idea, I am not familiar with spotify)

What's left is mostly Bruce or Frank Turner songs ...
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm

I must admit I noticed it was down to a bare few a few days ago and wondered why songs have been removed. If our songs have been removed are we no longer entitled to the 2 songs??? Who knows, maybe we need to keep adding new songs, does it reset each week or something??? All questions we don't know the answers too as its been poorly explained. Its all been very vague. We all want as many songs as possible and continue to jump through the hoops with very little information to go on. I gotta say the way they've gone about all this hasn't been to impressive. Releasing the album way after the tour has started. Drip feeding us songs, and making us clamour for an additional track from every available outlet. We love the music and Brian but its all frustrating if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:12 pm

sickgirlesther wrote:
Anya_TGA wrote:
cowgirlwiththeblues wrote:
Noticed this morning that most of the songs have gone from this now - there were hundreds, and now there are only 45.  Does that mean that the rest of us don't get the songs?  Very confused as to how this works.

haven't checked yet...maybe he just picked out his favorite songs and will post the 2 new songs on his own playlist or so... (I have no idea, I am not familiar with spotify)

What's left is mostly Bruce or Frank Turner songs ...

than I expect those are the two artists he likes the most... no I am just kidding... maybe there is an issue with spotify itself and Brian hasnt done it on purpose....
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:15 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
I must admit I noticed it was down to a bare few a few days ago and wondered why songs have been removed. If our songs have been removed are we no longer entitled to the 2 songs??? Who knows, maybe we need to keep adding new songs, does it reset each week or something??? All questions we don't know the answers too as its been poorly explained. Its all been very vague. We all want as many songs as possible and continue to jump through the hoops with very little information to go on. I gotta say the way they've gone about all this hasn't been to impressive. Releasing the album way after the tour has started. Drip feeding us songs, and making us clamour for an additional track from every available outlet. We love the music and Brian but its all frustrating if you ask me.

I think he will post the 2 songs on his playlist and everyone is entitled to get access to them...that's what I hope
yeah everything with his solo record seems to be a bit confusing..but that can also be on island records or so
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Still no ideas on how this whole thing works. This promotions been forgotten about if you ask me, just like the playlist has. Can anyone shed any light on this at all?
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Jerseyrain wrote:
Still no ideas on how this whole thing works. This promotions been forgotten about if you ask me, just like the playlist has. Can anyone shed any light on this at all?

seems like it has been forgotten or maybe on the record store day
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

I'll preface it again with I LOVE Gaslight and Brian.

It's just amazing how many things they get involved with that get ignored or thrown away or just plain not done the right way or at all

This if it's truly forgotten
The pre show bootlegs
Pretty much anything from infinite Merch
The painkiller pre order tracks fiasco
The fan club as a whole
Back to top Go down
Keele
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 10:33 am

Some bands are just terrible at managing this kind of stuff. I give them a ton of slack though if the make music often and do a lot of touring, producing, appearances and so on. Or have a family. Things that make them obviously busy. You'd hope there is someone in their circle that can take care off all this stuff, but that's not always the case and can cost money to employee someone.

Sometimes these things are unrelated to things the band controls as well, and their name is simply attached because it's a product you want to buy. I think than fan club thing is something they should have done better though, since it was clearly all on them.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:29 am

There is a level of understanding but at a certain point there's a line.

When people start ordering stuff they don't get etc is when it's a real problem. Not getting a couple of bonus tracks is the same thing but it would just show a pattern
Back to top Go down
mja271
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:14 pm

The management is awful and always has been. It's a shame how much it sucks, especially considering TGA/Brian while not being household names are not some garage band level act. There's really no excuse for screwing up or neglecting a lot of the things they do. And if the problem mostly lies with a third party they need to make a change and take control of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:04 pm

The spotify thing is a mystery. There was no goal given that needed to be reached or time frame provided on when the tracks would be released. From Spotify's perspective the longer it is before the release the better. Everyone who did the free 30 day trial will have to subscribe if they want to hear the tracks if they are released later. A lot of people are going to their site everyday, sometime multiple times a day to check and in doing so are increasing the likelihood of new subscribers. Spotify is getting what they want out of the deal and Brian got promotion for his new album.

Here's my take on the download codes for what it's worth. The download codes are a courtesy when they are provided with a vinyl copy of an album. While most releases currently have the codes it doesn't happen all the time. It's hard to comprehend sometimes because it's not something physical but think of it this way: people are paying for that digital copy that you're getting for free. Purchasing the vinyl doesn't mean that you've purchased the album in all forms just like if you went to see a movie at the theater doesn't mean you've purchased the digital version when it's released. That's why I don't see it as a big deal that they aren't including the bonus tracks in the download. Those tracks were listed as being exclusive to the box set. The fact that they said the download codes would be available on the 11th and there were issues with them being sent out is a totally different story though. For an artist who is big enough to have made a couple of late show appearances and who's band is on a major label, it's poor management.

I've heard nothing but complaints about the fan club which is why I haven't joined. Can't really say anything about it personally but there's been enough of a bad vibe that I decided not to take any chances.

What's the deal with the pre show bootlegs? I completely missed that. Or maybe I don't want to know what could have been.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 4:02 pm

mja271 wrote:
The management is awful and always has been. It's a shame how much it sucks, especially considering TGA/Brian while not being household names are not some garage band level act. There's really no excuse for screwing up or neglecting a lot of the things they do. And if the problem mostly lies with a third party they need to make a change and take control of the situation.

This.

And as for the download codes - my issue isn't that the bonus tracks aren't included. I never thought they were or were advertised to be.

Having the right manager is huge for fan relations but also for the band. The way this band toured never made sense to me and I think led to the burnout we saw. Like for Handwritten especially.

The problem with the people (me) who ordered the record "too fast" and didn't get the bi-weekly downloads was ridiculous. And I still haven't received a link for the whole album that I pre-ordered (box set).
Good thing I decided not to also pre-order a 12" copy.
Back to top Go down
Roe
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 5:52 pm

[quote="miked331"]
mja271 wrote:
The problem with the people (me) who ordered the record "too fast" and didn't get the bi-weekly downloads was ridiculous. And I still haven't received a link for the whole album that I pre-ordered (box set).
Good thing I decided not to also pre-order a 12" copy.

Can't disagree with that. I went back and forth for about a week before I placed my pre-order for the box set and haven't gotten the album code either. I did get the bi-weekly ones without an issue though.

Also it seems like signing up for the mailing list was a waste. No tour information, pre-order info, etc. Would never have known about it if I didn't come here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist   Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian's collaborative Spotify playlist
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2