DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale

Go down 
+26
Anya_TGA
StitchesOnTheRadio
mingus
CariMae
The_River
enola
aaydmc2
Asmith1912
thebends
rumham
cdala
macci
LizCollinsNY
jend
NervousFeetHeartofStone
Coltrane
NeverTrustAJunkie
cmigs
steady now steady now
Dorothys-shoes
moosicmaniac
bt211
flannel
reitzel6570
miked331
Shrewsbury_Stars
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 3:12 am

The_River wrote:
He did a show only for the people on the waiting list before the real shows? Really? If yes, that's sick.

Seems he did. Secret show for waiting list people and a few who got in as well through friends although they had tix for the other shows as well. Such a great and cool thing to do of him! I bet the people on the waiting list were going crazy when they heard about it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:27 am

Odd that Catherine Popper publicly announced she'd be playing these shows. I wonder what happened.
Back to top Go down
miked331
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 4:16 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Odd that Catherine Popper publicly announced she'd be playing these shows. I wonder what happened.

She posted on Instagram that she had surgery
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 5:10 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

What was the band lineup?
Back to top Go down
cowgirlwiththeblues
Wooderson
Wooderson
cowgirlwiththeblues

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 6:08 pm

According to her Instagram, she's just had surgery and is still under the weather. Still doing the tour next year though.
Back to top Go down
The_River
A Contender
A Contender
The_River

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 6:22 pm

cmigs wrote:
Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:

What was the band lineup?

As far as I know, Perkins on electric guitar and Rosamilia on keyboards.
Back to top Go down
cmigs
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 8:54 pm

No reviews from Friday night?
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 2:49 am

I went Friday and Saturday and both nights were simply magical. The songs sounded beautiful and I loved the stories in between. I think we have all been enjoying ourselves so much we forgot about posting. This is the best new holiday santa tradition.
I took a picture of the Friday set list that I can post tomorrow. The set list tonight was similar.
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Great shows. I went Friday and Saturday and the boys were loose and seemed to be enjoying themselves. Brian sounded great, though I think occasionally he was holding back vocally just a tad (though he went for it on Mary Ann). Probably because of everything coming up rehearsal and tour wise. That's just me being a picky loser though, they were awesome overall. Low love grew on me after a few listens and I'm looking forward to the new single! Only thing I still cannot understand is why people would go to see Brian Fallon.......and then get so shitface drunk, in a tiny venue where sound is gonna travel quite a bit, that they literally never once even look at the stage and have just really awesome and thought provoking conversations about who has season tickets to what team and how many cats they have. I'm all for having a good time and having some drinks and enjoying yourself, but just respect other people, their space, and the fact that they might want to hear a song! And I swear Brian was getting pissed last night during honey magnolia cause these guys were so damn loud, I turned and said "could you shut the fuck up just a little bit?". We all know how he'll sing with his eyes closed or whatever, but he kept looking over during the song and I just had a feeling. I'm not a bitch about people having fun, but this was almost the entire show, louder, louder, louder, and LOUDER.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 6:30 pm

NotLikeWeBleed wrote:
.... Only thing I still cannot understand is why people would go to see Brian Fallon.......and then get so shitface drunk, in a tiny venue where sound is gonna travel quite a bit, that they literally never once even look at the stage and have just really awesome and thought provoking conversations about who has season tickets to what team and how many cats they have. I'm all for having a good time and having some drinks and enjoying yourself, but just respect other people, their space, and the fact that they might want to hear a song! And I swear Brian was getting pissed last night during honey magnolia cause these guys were so damn loud, I turned and said "could you shut the fuck up just a little bit?".  We all know how he'll sing with his eyes closed or whatever, but he kept looking over during the song and I just had a feeling. I'm not a bitch about people having fun, but this was almost the entire show, louder, louder, louder, and LOUDER.

I don't get it either but it happens every year. He definitely did notice all the talking. I'm not sure where you were so this could've been a separate incident but I was up front and while clearly there was loud talking in back near the bar the whole time, there was one situation where off the my right (Brian's left) maybe a couple rows back at most, there was a good amount of loud chatter and he looked at me and said "Do you think they know how loud they are?"

I don't think people realized how much chatter the guys on the stage could hear. Both Matthew Ryan and Jared Hart asked the people up front if we could hear their guitars because they couldn't. That was probably mostly something up with the sound system at the venue, but they were playing acoustics so they still should've been able to hear the themselves play.

On a brighter note, I thought Thursday and Saturday were the best shows (although I didn't go Wednesday). I enjoyed the banter a lot although my emotions were confused when my face hurt from laughing but suddenly they were playing cherry blossoms or any of the many other more solemn songs in the set.

One small but cool highlight that I'm not sure how many people could hear was Alex's singing on the Neil Young cover. He sounded great and it really added something.

Jared Hart put on probably some of my favorite performances of his ever. He's mixing it up with his vocal style a bit and the new songs sounded great live. I honestly didn't want his set to end even though Brian was on next.
Back to top Go down
Anya_TGA
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Anya_TGA

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 pm

even though I wasn't at the show... I think there is nothing more disrespectful on such a show than talking louder than the music... people are going there to enjoy the show and to not hear other people's stories

anyway..hope you guys had (an) amazing night(s) Smile

I would give everything to live in New Jersey because living in Europe, especially in Luxembourg, sucks -.-
Back to top Go down
bt211
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 12:01 am

I noticed the loud talkers as well, usually the noise is closer to the back/the bar but on Saturday they were perhaps 3-4 people from the stage. They had definitely had a few drinks and were oblivious to their surroundings.  I don't understand it either, these shows are sold out weeks in advance, it's not that anyone ends up there by chance of walking by and looking for a drink and just to hang out.
I can't wait for the Brian/Crowes music to come out. The new songs sound soooooooooo good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale   Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Fallon Solo Shows Dec. 3, 4, 5, 2015 @ Crossroands Now Onsale
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3