DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?

Go down 
+9
Rose1991
ral
StitchesOnTheRadio
shredderrrrrr
ThisMachineKillsFascists
simo
NotLikeWeBleed
DeathoftheCool
Harbortown
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:09 pm

No official music videos allowed. That's cheating.

Other than that though, anything goes. Interviews, live shows, which one is your favorite?
I choose this one from their Hammersmith Apollo show in 2010 because by god it sends shivers down my spine. The way the shadows fall over his face makes it so theatrical, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0fboRDmTtY
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 4:07 pm

The Hammersmith videos are the most entertaining live Gaslight videos I can think of
Back to top Go down
NotLikeWeBleed
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:45 am

Something about this one. Just gets me every time.
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:55 am

I've been coming back to this one lately (all the songs from this show really). It's from the era I fell in love with Gaslight, really well recorded and with stronger guitars than on the record. Good stuff.

Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:51 am

Love the Channel M performance as well. Used to watch it every day after work for a period of time back in '09.
Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:08 pm

I generally don't like when Gaslight changes the sound of their songs live, but this version of Patient Ferris Wheel knocked me off my feet. Brian's voice is absolutely spot on.

Back to top Go down
shredderrrrrr
A Contender
A Contender
shredderrrrrr

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:10 pm

And speaking of Brian's voice being strong, I'll post this video I'm sure everyone here has seen. His voice just gives me chills. Particularly at 1:30-1:40. I know this is technically just Brian, but I'll post it since he's playing a TGA song.

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 pm

simo wrote:
I've been coming back to this one lately (all the songs from this show really). It's from the era I fell in love with Gaslight, really well recorded and with stronger guitars than on the record. Good stuff.

This one was easily the first to pop into my mind as well, except more so for the vocals. There's certain little ways Brian changes how he sings a few different parts in this version of the song that I've never seen him do anywhere else. Such as around the 2:40 mark when he says "maybe I should call me an ambulance" and just the whole end with "boardwalk talk, in the dead of night" and all that. It's hard to describe but I love it.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:17 pm

these are all correct choices
as far as interviews this is the best one IMO
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 11:18 pm

not sure if this is my favorite but it's up there

Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 12:45 am

ral wrote:

this one came to mind too.
good work friends
Back to top Go down
Rose1991
A Contender
A Contender
Rose1991

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 2:13 am

I'm still obsessed with the Cardinal Sessions clips. I know alot of people weren't into them, but I thought they were great. I've probably watched them more than anything else Gaslight related. Smile
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 7:28 am

Wooderson on the Pinkpop Festival with the epic intro
Back to top Go down
TooMuchGaslight
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
TooMuchGaslight

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 am

ral wrote:

Brian's voice is awesome on this one, I used to always replay that end of the 2nd verse where he goes wild.

Back to top Go down
Jaws
A Contender
A Contender
Jaws

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 9:41 am

This one is definitely my favorite since Get Hurt tour started. I already love this song, but this just takes the song to another level for me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?   What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite Gaslight Anthem clip?
Page 1 of 1