DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20

Go down 
+2
Smasha13
AndWithTheWindowDown
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AndWithTheWindowDown
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
AndWithTheWindowDown

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Empty
PostSubject: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Hey guys,

Thought I'd give a recap of the Detroit show! If any of you were there, I'd love to hear from you

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Img_2012

So, I met with fellow user Smasha13 at the show so we wouldn't be lone wolves.

I drove from Columbus, Ohio to Detroit and arrived in the early afternoon. I just hung around the venue beforehand, which ended up having it's perks. Alongside meeting Brian, Laura Jane Grace stopped and asked us if we knew any good places to eat.

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Img_2011

Me and Brian before the show. He was very kind.

Twopointeight opened the show and they KILLED it.

Against Me! played next and they put on an awesome performance. As Brian later would say during the show, they  brought out all the hits.

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Img95510

Gaslight opened with "Stay Vicious" and the boys were on top of it from the first notes in, all the way until Brian yelled "Thank! You! DE-TROIT!" along with the finishing chords of their last song of the evening('59 Sound).

People, including me, lost their damn minds when Alex R. let loose the first notes of "Even Cowgirls Get The Blues".

Here's Alex giving his "Marty McFly" Es-335 some love.

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Img_7111

Overall, this show was incredible. The band gave it their all, just as did Twopointeight and Against Me!.  I'd like to thank both Caleigh and Ash for both providing a great concert experience, and for letting me use some of their photos!

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Img_4910
Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Img_2710

After the show we got to meet Brian and Alex L. They were very kind to everyone and gave people as much time as they wanted to get things signed, to take photos, and to talk. I'm going to the Pittsburgh show and Alex L. said he'd give me a haircut at the pre-show! If you look at my photo, you can tell I need one,haha. He told me to hit him up on Twitter, which I did! I hope I get a response! The show was the same day as Ash's(Smasha13) birthday. After the show, Danny(Merch guy!) walked up to her. He handed her a setlist and said "I heard it was your birthday".Anyways, Have a Good one!

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Smasha13
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Smasha13

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm so glad you posted this.  Caleigh and I have been reliving our concert experiences via Twitter ever since Saturday!  haha

Also, Caleigh is totally down to join me for the Canadian tour in 2015, you're obviously welcome to come and we'll make it a reunion!  All the Canadian accents you could ever feast your ears on!

Thanks again for not making me be a lone Canadian wolf. It was so nice to meet you and the girls and I had such a great time. Absolutely the best birthday ever.
Back to top Go down
ivienco
A Contender
A Contender
ivienco

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Ok I need to save some serious cash and make this my next birthday present... Just start hoping they play somewhere in Nov 21st next year!!! hahahahaha

Awesome recap, such exciting things you've experienced at this show!!!
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 9:04 am

The Gaslight Anthem brings classic Alt Rock back to the Fillmore

Rock ‘n’ roll was alive and well last Saturday night in Detroit at The Fillmore where The Gaslight Anthem took on a rowdy crowd consisting of men and women of all ages and all styles of dress — from jeans a size too large and a Stooges t-shirt to leather jackets and spiked-up white hair — looking to blow off some steam in classic punk rock fashion: fist-pumping, head-nodding and screaming along to every word.

The Gaslight Anthem stands for something that is sorely missing in the alternative rock genre: classic alternative rock. The group is the inheritor of The Replacements’ no-holds-barred guitar onslaughts and vocal flourishes combined with the sentimentality and heart-on-sleeve character of a Springsteen disciple, so much so that the lyrics can take on a tone so cheesy it’s almost endearing. So when the band took center stage and ripped into the opening, heavily distorted chords of “Stay Vicious,” the opening track off its latest album, Get Hurt, the crowd effectively lost it.

https://www.michigandaily.com/blog/filter/gaslight-anthem-brings-classic-alt-rock-back-fillmore
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
Tiffany
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Tiffany

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I wanted to go to this show, but it was the same day as my cousin's wedding. Good to hear that everyone had a good time.
Back to top Go down
MacysDayMar
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
MacysDayMar

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 1:44 pm

Great recap, glad you had a good time, too!
Back to top Go down
http://fairwayfrank.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20   Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaslight Anthem in Detroit 9/20
Page 1 of 1