DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rockfreaks Interview

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

Rockfreaks Interview Empty
PostSubject: Rockfreaks Interview   Rockfreaks Interview Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Great new interview I just found (not great if you hate when Brian swears though haha)

http://www.rockfreaks.net/interviews/296

Best quote (about the new album):

RF.net: What I really wanted to ask actually was if you had ever thought about going back to the grittier sound of the first record, or are you past that?

Brian: No, that's what I was saying, even with the 90s influence, what I'm talking about when I say 90s influence is like if you listen to "Bleach" from Nirvana, that's a pretty fucking shreddy record. And same with Mudhoney and all that stuff, and there's a certain sense of gnarlyness in it, and I think that if we start to play blues music, it'll be nasty like the first record. I'm really dying to hear a record that sounds like...I listened to "Sink Or Swim" four or five days ago because we were playing some songs off of it, and it sounded nasty, like a Bronx record. That one song, "Red In The Morning", we tried to do what we would do if The Bronx wrote one of our songs. That's what I mean. I long for that dirty thing, and I think that the next time we're going to the studio, I'm definitely going to say to Brendan, make this record sound DIRTY. Like DIRTY. It's gotta sound gross. Not bad, but just gross. Like there's some air in the speakers.

That sounds badass.
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Rockfreaks Interview   Rockfreaks Interview Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:43 pm

great interview Smile

Quote :
Alex: Yeah, we did the boomy polished record now. We're trying to make a real gigantic sounding dirty rock record.

i know we can't rely on them doing what they say in interviews about there albums - but:

if this will be what we can expect than i think this will be a huge record cheers
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Rockfreaks Interview   Rockfreaks Interview Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 6:38 pm

cool interview. makes me wanna see another show. and hear a new record. haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockfreaks Interview   Rockfreaks Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rockfreaks Interview
Page 1 of 1