DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Coffeehouse Sessions

Go down 
+42
PFREEZY
bringiton_ty
tom.TGA.punk
Shrewsbury_Stars
Debonair
JimmyB
AmSlang59
Jerseyrain
simo
StopAndSlideToTheRight
spork13
bablor
sarahjay
andy.mac
steady now steady now
Holland
Palmer89
Forum Owner
tigrr13
I Came To Dance
kieran
Vibes
Stevearm
Refused
ral
Daire
TheMeanLittleMan
lynchyeatspizza
liveit
Jjaeger240
Asleepontheforestfloor
Prisoner
rhg5010
Scott
Garish
ktp
Stalls_Standing
stephendgaf
xstevenbx
JoshRaymond
e7c
Jukebox Romeo
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

The Coffeehouse Sessions Empty
PostSubject: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:40 pm

New mission

After searching the Internet for info on Surrogate McKenzie and Amping Copper, I became aware of a live solo recording of Brian Fallon, then a member of the band No Release. The album is titled "The Coffeehouse Sessions," released on Mean Little Man Productions. It was recorded at the Timestill Cafe while Brian was between the ages of 15 and 17.

We need to find this album.

Here is an article that talks a bit about it: http://www.legendsmagazine.net/71/meanint.htm

There is a broken website (http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?q=brian%20fallon%20coffeehouse%20sessions&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wb) that seemed to have the album up for download. This was Chris Eissing's blog, the same guy who is mentioned in the above article.

This guy named Doug left a comment to a friend concerning the album, which he has in his possession, located at the bottom of this page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=60857465

Doug's MySpace is here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=68802930

Since Google has done very little to help find the album, I think the best course of action is to message Doug like a mother with requests to upload the album for us. Hopefully, he's a nice guy, and will be glad to do so. An inquiry to Brian's MySpace could help as well, if only for more info about the album.

So, I'll say it again: TGA Army, STRIKE!!!
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:58 am

wow, good research!
Back to top Go down
JoshRaymond
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JoshRaymond

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 9:15 am

dude
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:47 pm

so...who's gonna message this guy? i don't have a myspace anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:52 pm

alright, i sent him a message. his last login was on 12/17/08, so it looks like he still uses myspace somewhat frequently. hope he gets back to me
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:55 pm

no response yet
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 5:56 pm

so no info on this?
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:46 pm

yeah, dude hasn't even logged on to myspace since 12/17. i'm gonna e-mail the owner of Legends Magazine to see if I can get some contact info for Chris Eissing, then ask him for info/if he can send me the songs
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:26 pm

alright, the guy got back to me. he said he'd be happy to send me this album. apparently, he went to high school with brian. i asked him if he had any info on No Release, Amping Copper, Surrogate McKenzie, or CRT, or if he had anything we don't have. i'll let you know when i get his e-mail
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:23 am

You are amazing! 5 points to you!
Back to top Go down
ktp
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ktp

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:31 am

you're like our own little sherlock holmes i'm very impressed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ktpland.blogspot.com
Garish
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Garish

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Im very intrigued
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:50 pm

That's awesome.
Can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
Scott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Scott

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:12 am

thats awesome! im stoked
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 2:54 pm

alright, dude wrote back. he's gonna send me the link in a little bit, once he uploads them. he told me that Surrogate McKenzie released 3 albums, and he's gonna send me the other 2 that we don't have, as well as this album and the first album Brian ever recorded, with the band No Release. in return, i'm sending him CRT and Amping Copper, so i'll post those links in the Audio Master List thread, as some people were asking for them
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:07 pm

That's really really incredible. Awesome work. Can't wait to see this in the "Audio Rips' thread. If you're not already, try to get the names of all the albums.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Stoked.
Back to top Go down
stephendgaf
Wooderson
Wooderson
stephendgaf

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 am

where is itttt? =[
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:28 pm

right here:
Code:
No Release - The Coffeehouse Sessions - http://www.mediafire.com/?zkmkyrikzmj
This is in .m4a, sorry if that's a problem. I haven't listened to any of these albums, so I'm not sure if this is just Brian or the whole band (I feel like No Release could have just been a name for Brian to release the songs under, like Sundowner)

I have the SM albums coming up in a minute. One's self-titled and the other is called "Songs to Grow Up To..." those 2 are in mp3 though.

it seems like there are at least a few covers among these albums. One song is titled "Melt With You," likely a cover of The Cure song, there's a cover of Auld Langsyne, and a song titled "Saturday Night," which could possibly be a Lynyrd Skynyrd cover. and one song is called "Always Something There" which may or may not be a cover of The Hippos' song "Always Something There to Remind Me," though Brian has said he's more into the traditional style of ska as opposed to ska/punk, though the first album he ever bought was Op Ivy's "Energy," so I guess I'll have to listen to find out
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Code:
Surrogate McKenzie - S/T - http://www.mediafire.com/?zwz1k043dla
Back to top Go down
Prisoner
Wooderson
Wooderson
Prisoner

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Good find man and nice effort! Thanks!
I can hear a big Rancid influence on Brian. He kinda sounds like Tim Armstrong. On Rude Girl he even references Rancid
Back to top Go down
Asleepontheforestfloor
Wooderson
Wooderson
Asleepontheforestfloor

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Nice! Listening right now.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:14 pm

Code:
Surrogate McKenzie - Songs To Grow Up To... - http://www.mediafire.com/?bnr0joh1yz2
Back to top Go down
rhg5010
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:41 am

Melt With You was actually by Modern English, one of my favorite bands from the 80s. Not too into the cover though. But some of this music is really good.

Notice that most of the songs from the Surrogate McKenzies (from the albums from Doug) have the lyrics in the track info... you can read the full lyrics if you have winamp. I don't think you can if you use iTunes though. However we got the third album though, it doesn't have the lyrics. Can we ask Doug if he has that one? First tell him we're all thankful, of course. This shit is great if you ask me.

Check out the lyrics for Still Sixteen. The line "You Grab Your Jacket" appears in that song... according to the Cincinatti Rail Tie Purevolume page, that's the title of their "album"

Also maybe a Springsteen reference in "Mary, I Never Told You"
SM - Put on your makeup. & dress pretty like you used to
BS - Put your makeup on. Put your hair up pretty. (Atlantic City)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/JabarPSU
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 1:38 pm

Prisoner wrote:
I can hear a big Rancid influence on Brian. He kinda sounds like Tim Armstrong. On Rude Girl he even references Rancid

Rancid and TGA! Someone has been reading my diary!

damn I wish I was at home, I can't download music here... this is just not fair!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coffeehouse Sessions   The Coffeehouse Sessions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Coffeehouse Sessions
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next