DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."

Go down 
+2
rumham
LuceroDiehard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Empty
PostSubject: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:44 pm

''I think we are pretty comfortable with where we are right now. I don't really want to be a huge band because the expectations go high and people get funny about it.

http://tmblr.co/ZHIrRvkcpv68
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Is this a joke?

Someone tell Brian he joined a major label just so he could accomplish this very thing....
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:08 pm

sounds bitter
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't know, I didn't get the bitter vide or anything. I got the impression he's just saying they got to a good point, he's happy there and he's not necessarily looking to get huge because then things get weird. Think about it, if they suddenly blew up to the size of like Springsteen or Pearl Jam or something, it would totally change their lives. When you're young and just starting out a person might strive for that, but later on the negatives might outweigh the positives. Sounds like he's still making music for the right reasons too.

read the whole article if you haven't (check the link on the tumblr post) because this line out of context sounds way worse.
Back to top Go down
DeathoftheCool
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
DeathoftheCool

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:51 pm

kind of a shift in viewpoint. but i like the part at the end. he probably doesnt realize the huge impact the songs are making with people cuz the band is just so busy working all the time
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:25 pm

greasylake wrote:
Is this a joke?

Someone tell Brian he joined a major label just so he could accomplish this very thing....

no kidding. last year he was talking about being ready for arenas and wanting to play Giants Stadium. guess that major label debut wasn't the huge mainstream hit they were hoping for.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:05 am

ral wrote:
greasylake wrote:
Is this a joke?

no kidding. last year he was talking about being ready for arenas and wanting to play Giants Stadium. guess that major label debut wasn't the huge mainstream hit they were hoping for.

Or maybe they just changed their minds. I've heard that happens to people now and then. Brian was even saying last summer that they maybe didn't wanna get as big as they originally said. Things happen, people change and there are other reasons to join a major label anyway. They've said on numerous occasions that it makes things easier.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:41 am

I think it's a lot easier to say your goal has changed when you realize what you'd hoped would happen with your success didn't necessarily pan out...

Had Handwritten blown up and they were HUGE, I wonder if he'd be perfectly content with the original goal which was for that to happen....

It didn't happen and now he says he never wanted that in the first place...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:03 am

rkirkpatrick25 wrote:
I think it's a lot easier to say your goal has changed when you realize what you'd hoped would happen with your success didn't necessarily pan out...

Had Handwritten blown up and they were HUGE, I wonder if he'd be perfectly content with the original goal which was for that to happen....

It didn't happen and now he says he never wanted that in the first place...

True, that could absolutely be the case. I'm just gonna play devil's advocate though and say that sometimes when the success you do get starts to freak you out a bit, you might reign in those ambitions a little. Remember when they were freakin' out just at the increased attention they were getting since Handwritten?

And let's say Handwritten had blown them up into the biggest band in the world, you really think they'd have been perfectly content? That they wouldn't have been like "how the fuck do we handle this? this changes everything". I'm not saying they'd have only a bad reaction, who on earth knows, I'm just saying it's easy to say you wanna be the biggest band in the world, and then back peddle when you start to think about what that would mean.

Just trying to offer another perspective. Only Brian knows his reason(s) for changing his/their goal obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."   Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian: ''I'm not out there to try and gain new fans or gain popularity. I just don't care about that."
Page 1 of 1