DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!

Go down 
+3
bringiton_ty
JJW319
LuceroDiehard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Empty
PostSubject: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:13 pm

The lyrics of this record seem more personal, there's less importance placed on settings and characters in the songs. Did you set out to write that way?

I was faced with a dilemma when it came to this record because I had nothing left to say about New Jersey, or Maria, or any of those things. I told those stories already and those characters and places have been defined as they were when it was important to tell. So I was left with what do I write about? And after a while I just started expressing myself on paper, just thoughts and whatever I was feeling and that became the lyrics to Handwritten. I knew that there was nothing left but my feelings at that moment to talk about, photographs, pictures of a time. That's what records are ― snapshots of the band's life at a specific time.

http://exclaim.ca/Interviews/WebExclusive/gaslight_anthems_brian_fallon
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:22 pm

nice writeup actually.
Back to top Go down
LuceroDiehard
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
LuceroDiehard

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

JJW319 wrote:
nice writeup actually.

Yeah--nice to see after the ones we have come out lately
Back to top Go down
http://bobbyw24.tumblr.com/archive
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 pm

enjoyed Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Clap

Good questions, interesting answers, no confusion. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 6:00 pm

This is a really good interview. It was nice to see something positive for a change! Razz

Quote :
I wanted to be in a band, not a band with a guy who writes songs and everyone kinda just plays over those songs. I knew those other four guys had something great in them and some really cool ideas.

That's really cool that he mentioned the four guys, Ian included. It would be interesting to find out exactly what each of them brought to the table as far as songwriting goes.
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:45 am

I was kinda surprised when he said that other band members would be timid towards him...thought they were all bros.
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:48 am

chaingangchorus wrote:
I was kinda surprised when he said that other band members would be timid towards him...thought they were all bros.

Most of the time I think that no matter how close the members of a band seem, they really don't hang out that much outside the band. Just because you spend so much damn time together.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:05 am

Yeah cant imagine they would after all that time together on the roads etc
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!    Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about  fans!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great New Brian Fallon Interview--No Questions about fans!
Page 1 of 1