DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?

Go down 
+3
Rock bus
enola
BuddyHolly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Empty
PostSubject: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Me and my girlfriend will be visiting London in december. It seems Momford & Sons will be playing in London at december 11th. My girlfriend is quite a fan of them so it would be awesome to be able to go to that show. But... it has already sold out. Does anybody have an idea how to get tickets anyway (for face value or a little above face value)?

I've only come across websites selling 30 pound ticekts for 100 pounds or more. We were thinking about getting to the venue (02 Arena) just before the show and be lucky to find some scalper who didn't get rid of his tickets and is willing to sell them for a proper price. What do you think about our chances?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:23 pm

There are always lots of touts at the venues so I guess you'd be able to get tickets. I doubt they will be cheap though. As far as I know there are also places at Picadilly who are still selling tix to sold out shows. I remember we got some several years ago at a decent price. Not sure if this is still the case though...

Or you coukd try the events pages on facebook, lastfm or their forum...

I hope you get your tickets, they are absolutely fantastic live!
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Rock bus
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 am

theres a ticket agency called star green where i have got tickets for sold out shows, although this has been for lesser known acts than mumford but worth a try
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Check to see if they have a fan site like this one. You're more likely to find nice people on something like that as opposed to people just trying to make a bunch of money.
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks for the adivice, I'll try it all! And if you know someone who wants to sell his/her tickets... You know where to find me! Wink
Back to top Go down
theratman
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
theratman

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Do not even think you'll be able to buy off a tout as the o2 is on private land hence they get arrested..

I've been there numerous times and never seen one ..

It's the only venue in London where there are no touts I'm afraid ..

I'd buy off ebay nearer the show date..if your travelling from Holland it's best you already have your ticket in hand..
Back to top Go down
bringiton
Wooderson
Wooderson
bringiton

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 am

Check Scarletmist just in case
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:09 am

theratman wrote:
Do not even think you'll be able to buy off a tout as the o2 is on private land hence they get arrested..

I've been there numerous times and never seen one ..

It's the only venue in London where there are no touts I'm afraid ..

I'd buy off ebay nearer the show date..if your travelling from Holland it's best you already have your ticket in hand..

Ah dammit. Well I'll go check out ebay then as well.

bringiton wrote:
Check Scarletmist just in case

Ah just checked, no tickets available at the moment but will keep checking!
Back to top Go down
luckyman
A Contender
A Contender
luckyman

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 am

My mate bought a ticket off seatwave for the Paradiso when gaslight played there the other week,think it cost a £10/15 over face value and arrived within a couple of days.

Just had a quick look there are loads of tickets for sale!

Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 1:02 pm

I've checked seatwave before. We prefere standingtickets but those go for about €120,- each.
Back to top Go down
BuddyHolly
A Contender
A Contender
BuddyHolly

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 pm

So I ended up getting tickets from seatwave after all! Payed about 20,- pounds over face value but the show was worth the extra money. The supportacts were quite bad but Mumford & Sons put on a great show! We got standing tickets and were at the 5th row.

Good thing about seatwave... They've got a shop right next to the o2 arena. So we ordered the tickets online the day before the show and picked them up the day of the show.

Bad thing about seatwave... we payed 2 x 20 pounds over face value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?   Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to find tickets to a sold out show in London?
Page 1 of 1