DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Acoustic Performances

Go down 
+5
eagles1139
DryCounty
NYYFAN523
wearenowhere
FelixMA
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

Acoustic Performances Empty
PostSubject: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Hey, I'm trying to compile gaslight albums made out of acoustic versions, I know that there isn't an acoustic version of every song but I think I'll be able to get close. I've started with American Slang (no logic to that) and I can't find any acoustic versions of Stay Lucky and Orphans. Does anyone know if there are any acoustic versions out there?! farao
Back to top Go down
wearenowhere
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
wearenowhere

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntX29FH4CTU - version of Orphans.

Not the best quality though.
Back to top Go down
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:42 am

I've never seen one of Stay Lucky. What other songs you need? I have a lot of acoustic versions bookmarked.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
DryCounty
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
DryCounty

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 6:11 pm

I've got an acoustic version of American Slang (was on a special edition of the album that I downloaded)

And would you count the version of 'Boxer' that is on the itunes session? Got that too.

PM me if they're of any help, might not be what you're looking for

EDIT: jusst read you're original post PROPERLY and realised you were looking for Stay Lucky and Orphans, I thought they were the only ones you had. MY bad lol
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/TheAlanPeterson
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:09 pm

Its only Spirit of Jazz and Orphans I need at the minute! thanks a lot wearenowhere, ill get that ripped off youtube now, hopefully a proshot one will surface sooner or later Sad
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:42 pm

FelixMA wrote:
Its only Spirit of Jazz and Orphans I need at the minute! thanks a lot wearenowhere, ill get that ripped off youtube now, hopefully a proshot one will surface sooner or later Sad

You have Stay Lucky?
Back to top Go down
FelixMA
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
FelixMA

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:07 pm

nope sorry man, man bad i wrote spirit of jazz when i meant stay lucky, d'oh my bad Embarassed . I'm off out tonight (£1 a pint at my SU, would be rude not to say no Razz ) but when I'm back and tomorrow I'm gonna try and compile acoustic versions of the 59 sound songs. I'd love to be able to share my finished products but Im not sure if it goes against the ethics of the board. Obviously I wouldn't include I'd got from b-sides that I've bought, but I don't know the etiquette for sharing youtube rips of acoustic sessions/radio performances/etc
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 11:52 am

Checked YouTube, you can downlod theis by ripping the audio:
Orphans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntX29FH4CTU

I cannot find Stay Lucky though.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:29 am

Afzoomie67 wrote:
Checked YouTube, you can downlod theis by ripping the audio:
Orphans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntX29FH4CTU

I cannot find Stay Lucky though.

As far as I know a Stay Lucky acoustic doesn't exist. Similarly I don't think an acoustic version of Cowgirls exists. Some songs were just meant to be electric I guess...
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm

You going to do the same with 59 sound?
Back to top Go down
pjk
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
pjk

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 am

I absolutely love the acoustic versions of most of the songs. I do wonder why it is normally only Fallon doing them though. Why don't the other members do all the live sessions? Where are they when Fallon is doing all of these?

I would even say that I prefer some of the acoustic versions over the originals - such as Old White Lincoln, and 1930.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acoustic Performances   Acoustic Performances Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acoustic Performances
Page 1 of 1