DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video

Go down 
+25
NeverTrustAJunkie
kappanera
steph
Woody
Harbortown
Jerseyrain
Labhras
azlisa
JimmyB
TheContender
Jack
White Man In Hammersmith
brucesboots
Hanswurst
bringiton_ty
thomas94
NYYFAN523
rsi1991
enola
TGAFAN25
DeathoftheCool
njguy99
Zach_Edelman
StitchesOnTheRadio
DiamondSinatra
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:46 pm

El Jefe made this poster inspired from "Here Comes My Man" so maybe it has something to do with the video, doubtful but just a thought.

http://fab.com/sale/10171/product/213505/
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AsWeGetOlder
NYYFAN523
A Contender
A Contender
NYYFAN523

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:52 pm

njguy99 wrote:
I picture something similar to Bring It On: a video about a woman and man breaking up, with only a few glimpses of the band. It can't just be Brian singing, or it will make no sense...

Well the label insisted on the band being in the Handwritten video even though they didn't want to be so they will probably be in this one too.
Back to top Go down
http://every-word-handwritten.tumblr.com/
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 pm

NYYFAN523 wrote:

Well the label insisted on the band being in the Handwritten video even though they didn't want to be so they will probably be in this one too.

Where did you that information from?
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:16 pm

i saw that mentioned on the forum too. wouldnt be suprised if it is true, heard the same that it wasnt the cover they wanted either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I have trouble believing that seeing as in so many interviews they talked about how surprised and happy they were that the label was keeping thier hands out of a lot of things
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I'd like to believe that they still have control over things such as album cover, etc.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
i saw that mentioned on the forum too. wouldnt be suprised if it is true, heard the same that it wasnt the cover they wanted either.

I wouldn't wonder if this was true, because I think the album cover is really, really weak...at least it's not what I'd expect the guys to choose Wink .

Read a lot of interviews too, where they mentioned that label was very pleasant concerning the album. Do you guys think the label could have pushed the guys to use Here Comes My Man as the next single. I mean, it's one of those songs going into the softer direction, which makes it more mass-suitable (don't know whether this is the right word).Regarding the forum there's a lot of us seeing Here Comes My Man as one of the more faintly songs on the album (it's not bad though).. I hoped for Keepsake or Mae, especially because of the fact that Brian told that Keepsake is his favourite song in an interview..

Last edited by thomas94 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:52 pm

In regards to both posts id say the label probably pushed it and agree the cover is weak! id hoped it was a rough when i saw it on play.com haha. Depends what they agreed on artistic control in their contract and whether a major label would agree. Bands like Green Dy etc would get whatever they want but smaller bands like TGA may not. Could be the label wanting to release that song, it does seem to be a more accessable song to aquire new fans. Would probably be a number 1 with someone like katie perry singing it.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:49 pm

If you really thing about it, it's not surprising they picked this song but I agree that it kinda sucks as a choice because if you look at responses to it on here it's not too many people's favorites. I think a lot of people take it or leave it. But considering we all love the majority of their music and none of that music has made them famous, maybe they need to use a song that a lot of us are indifferent to!

Regarding the "label made them be in Handwritten" I was one of the people who originally mentioned that based off something Benny said. To clarify he wasn't saying "OMG they forced us to be in it and it was awful and I'm so mad" it was something like 'yeah we weren't planning on being in it but the label wanted us to so we're there" and he sounded kinda like "eh, life is compromise" about the whole thing so please don't make a thing out of this. I don't want the guys to never say anything to us for fear of it blowing up on the internet.

Disclaimer: those aren't even close to direct quotes. My memory's not that good.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Thats fair enough Shelby, i wouldnt worry though. I can imagine a major label whos just signed a new money making tool would probably want them to appear as much as possible. Its marketable, like how many people go to shows with a brian fallon cap etc its clear their image is catching Smile yeah itl be interesting to see what kind of fans theyd aquire through that song when alot of poeple are mixed here about it. Be awesome if it gave them a boost! I prefer 45 to HCMM so i cant see it but others will be different
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:07 pm

I kinda like that they got pushed into being in it. I like seeing them in videos haha. It be even cooler if like someone said earlier they got Brian to play the guy that the girl is leaving in this song if they go that direction with it. But yeah, it's like marketing 101 to have the band be in the video or at least 99% of their videos.

I'm a little scared to see what kind of fans this video will pull in. I'm having (premature) fears of not-so-great new fans at concerts. Haha, we shall see.
Back to top Go down
bringiton_ty
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
bringiton_ty

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm

unfortunately that happens at alot of shows as bands age that ive noticed Sad but ah well you can usually distinguish and its part of the journey. yeah i thought that was a great idea for the video! I DEMAND THEY BE IN IT if anyone whos reading has the power to make this happen lol as yeah i like seeing them in the videos too
Back to top Go down
DiamondSinatra
A Contender
A Contender
DiamondSinatra

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah you guys gotta remember the label has to focus on branding the band, I too was one of the posters who said that, and to emphasize what Shelby said there was no conflict between the label and band, to my knowledge.

If anyone gets an email, could you let us know? (of course redacting specific info)
Back to top Go down
http://www.robdirienzo.com
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm

bringiton_ty wrote:
Would probably be a number 1 with someone like katie perry singing it.

It would be cool if Katie Perry would ever try to cover that song. I'm not a big fan of her music or so, but it would be interesting to what it would sound like

Quote :
I'm having (premature) fears of not-so-great new fans at concerts. Haha, we shall see.

Normally it's not that bad with new fans High Five , but..

last year I've been on two concerts of some german indierock-/punkband, which got really famous over here with some kind of ballad. It was a song that did not completely reflect their style..but a lot of people adored that song and came to concerts of them. When I came to both concerts I was wondering about the crowd (you know, it was just not the crowd you'd normally expect at a punkrock concert). After the shows started and they played the first five songs or so, some people in the crowd - obviously knowing only that one song - noticed "oh, they don't play those ballads all the time...this is punkrock affraid " and they left the concert. And there have been others who waited for the band to play their hitsingle and faded then...that was quite strange and kinda disappointing.

Regarding the whole crowd those were a relatively small amount of people, but it is enerving for the others and probably the band too..
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
Wooderson
Wooderson
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 5:42 pm

thomas94 wrote:

last year I've been on two concerts of some german indierock-/punkband, which got really famous over here with some kind of ballad. It was a song that did not completely reflect their style..

hmm.. talking 'bout jupiter jones ? rabbit just wondering because i red this and thought: ohwei, this is what happend to them Surprised

btw: i really like their music, somehow reminds me of gaslight - and the singer Nicholas Müller is a big Hot Water Music-fan Exclamation

sry for disturbing the thread geek
Back to top Go down
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 7:31 pm

I wonder if they found who they want for the video already unless its gonna be open to everyone like the "45" video was. I just remember for 45 I got a response within a couple hours.
Back to top Go down
TGAFAN25
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
TGAFAN25

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 pm

I haven't heard back at all.... Has anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
njguy99
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
njguy99

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:36 pm

Since they asked for pictures etc, chances are they're actually "casting" this video and not letting everyone in. Patience...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Once again, I'm hoping I make it in based solely on how adorable I am.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:47 pm

Handwritten took days to get a response. I only knew one was coming because me and Rob responded to Kevin's tweet and he said an email would be coming soon. And then we only found out what to wear at 10pm the night before. No joke. So yeah be patient.
Back to top Go down
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 pm

Wow that is last minute lol. Did they ask for pictures for the Handwritten video?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:28 pm

rsi1991 wrote:
Wow that is last minute lol. Did they ask for pictures for the Handwritten video?

They did if you were trying for a part. If you were just asking to be an extra they didn't. Come to think of it I'm not sure they even had an age range. But yeah, luckily I was living in the city at the time where everything's open late. I went out shopping and when I got off the subway I got the email with what to wear.
Back to top Go down
rsi1991
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
rsi1991

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Oh ok. Yeah hopefully they want extras for this cause I don't think I would want to be the main attention of any music video lol. I'm a photographer/film maker so it would be awkward for me to be on the other side of a camera, but yeah I remember for the 45 video they wanted you to be 18 with 2 forms of ID but once they started letting people in they didn't ask for any of that. I was like maybe the 10th-15th person in line and the kid behind me told me he was 16 and he got in with no problem.
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:31 am

Kevin just confirmed on twitter that he will be doing the video. Stoked about that! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Here Comes My Man' Music Video   'Here Comes My Man' Music Video - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Here Comes My Man' Music Video
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next