DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+24
TGAforLIFE
Philo
enola
Mr.Grieves
The Angry Johnny Revue
JJW319
Labhras
steady now steady now
A_Regular
Kosburn59
steph
Harbortown
Breanne
Christophe
simo
Emusic
plugga
Debonair
saltandburn1967
eagles1139
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
StitchesOnTheRadio
NeverTrustAJunkie
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
I think I'm finally going to post a track by track review of Handwritten tonight. I have been meaning to do that all week but was too busy/tired. I have so much to say about these songs! Very Happy

That'd be cool! Yeah, there's some deep lyrics in there for sure. Kinda like Brian said in "the making of" video, there was a lot of stuff he wanted to write about, but was never able to. Like a ghost had it's grip on him or something. But, now that he has...wow.

I think there should almost be a rank these songs how you like them based on sound, and then on lyrics. Might just be me tho...I dunno. But, then again, it might vary depending on the day. Some days you might like the slower/chill songs better, but then some days the faster songs. Then one day you might like a song from it's lyrics better and another day a different song better. Ya know? Anyway...I'll step down off of my "preaching box" now.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! Different songs appeal to me more at different times, depending on my mood, what's going on, what I'm thinking about, etc. That's one reason why it's so hard to rank them! It would be pretty cool to break the songs down into separate lists for lyrics and music. I tend to think about the lyrics way more (it's the poet in me), so that would really be a challenge! I like it!

Ooh, "like a ghost had its grip on him..." I like that! And I think it's very fitting with this album. I am so glad that Brian was able to tap into these stories and emotions and write such beautiful songs. It must have been incredibly draining, especially with Keepsake. Sad

Yeah, like some days you might wanna go skydiving. But, then other days just the thought of skydiving scares the crap out of ya. That would be cool to have a thread that ranks 'em that way. For sound, it could be like the best "Aged, Mature Cheddar," to I dunno, American cheese slices. haha

Yeah, it must have been draining. If I ever meet Brian, I'll have to tell him thanks for sharing all that deep stuff. (Or maybe by some strange chance he'll read this, so then I'll be covered). haha

Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:19 pm

IT'S NOT A FROG, IT'S THE HYPNOTOAD.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
I think I'm finally going to post a track by track review of Handwritten tonight. I have been meaning to do that all week but was too busy/tired. I have so much to say about these songs! Very Happy

That'd be cool! Yeah, there's some deep lyrics in there for sure. Kinda like Brian said in "the making of" video, there was a lot of stuff he wanted to write about, but was never able to. Like a ghost had it's grip on him or something. But, now that he has...wow.

I think there should almost be a rank these songs how you like them based on sound, and then on lyrics. Might just be me tho...I dunno. But, then again, it might vary depending on the day. Some days you might like the slower/chill songs better, but then some days the faster songs. Then one day you might like a song from it's lyrics better and another day a different song better. Ya know? Anyway...I'll step down off of my "preaching box" now.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean! Different songs appeal to me more at different times, depending on my mood, what's going on, what I'm thinking about, etc. That's one reason why it's so hard to rank them! It would be pretty cool to break the songs down into separate lists for lyrics and music. I tend to think about the lyrics way more (it's the poet in me), so that would really be a challenge! I like it!

Ooh, "like a ghost had its grip on him..." I like that! And I think it's very fitting with this album. I am so glad that Brian was able to tap into these stories and emotions and write such beautiful songs. It must have been incredibly draining, especially with Keepsake. Sad

Yeah, like some days you might wanna go skydiving. But, then other days just the thought of skydiving scares the crap out of ya. That would be cool to have a thread that ranks 'em that way. For sound, it could be like the best "Aged, Mature Cheddar," to I dunno, American cheese slices. haha

Yeah, it must have been draining. If I ever meet Brian, I'll have to tell him thanks for sharing all that deep stuff. (Or maybe by some strange chance he'll read this, so then I'll be covered). haha

Exactly! Sometimes you just feel a little crazier than other times. For the record, skydiving sounds pretty awesome right now. Cool

Aged, Mature Cheddar vs. American cheese slices! Haha, I love it! lol!

Sometimes I think it would be cool if Brian read stuff here, and then other times I'm like, "Oh no, I hope Brian and the guys never ever read this board!" Especially the crazy Dimestore Sinners posts that happen sometimes. Spam hasn't gotten wild like that in a while though...

I hope you do get a chance to meet Brian and tell him that. I would think it would mean a lot to him to know how much his music means to all of us. I would love to tell him that too.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:23 pm

Got me a new signature Spam. What whaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 pm

plugga wrote:

IT LOOKS LIKE A FROG TRIPPING OUT ON ACID!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:24 pm

Woa, I just realized...the next Gaslight Anthem album won't come out until I am a police officer most likely. I guess this is the last big album of my youthful experience.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Nice! Cool I think I'm going to change my signature too, but I'm not sure what lyrics I'll use yet. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Nice! Cool I think I'm going to change my signature too, but I'm not sure what lyrics I'll use yet. Hmm...

There are many to choose from Shannon. You have a whole entire album at your disposal.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Woa, I just realized...the next Gaslight Anthem album won't come out until I am a police officer most likely. I guess this is the last big album of my youthful experience.

Whoa, heavy stuff. Are you officially a grown up now?

The thought of you as a police officer cracks me up for some reason. If you pulled someone over for speeding and they were wearing a Gaslight shirt, would you still give them a ticket? Suspect
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:27 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

There are many to choose from Shannon. You have a whole entire album at your disposal.

That's the problem! They are all so fantastic, how can I pick?! geek
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:

Don't worry, I won't forget! Smile

I really didn't think anything would beat American Slang for me, but this did. I love all the albums, but Handwritten is just extra special to me. But yeah, you need to hear the vinyl before you can make a decision about favorites. I think the emotional aspect of the songs comes through more on the record than the CD.

Haha, I was kind of a hippie. That was my high school label. flower I definitely identify with the whole peace and love way of thinking, and I have always said that if I had been around back in the 60s/70s, I would have been a part of the civil rights movement, women's lib, protesting the Vietnam War, all of it. I always stand up for what I believe in. Smile

Haha. Good.

Yeah, it's definitely powerful. I can totally see that. With vinyl it's almost like you're listening to them live. Like I said about HCMM, when they were playing it live, I started to tear up a little. You just hear the emotion come through in Brian's singing when he's right there. It's kind of like that "in your face" thing. Maybe...

Haha That's funny. You should post a pic of yourself in hippie clothes in the post a picture of yourself thread. Razz But, yeah, that's cool you stand up for what you believe in.

Edit: maybe you were just born in the wrong generation. haha

If I heard Brian sing HCMM live, I would definitely tear up too. It would just feel so personal. And I agree with vinyl sounding more like a live performance. Now I think I need to listen to that record again! Very Happy

Haha, I didn't dress like a hippie! I just had a couple of tie dye shirts. And one of them was a Grateful Dead one, so bonus points for the hippie image! geek I doubt I have any pictures of me looking like a hippie, but if I come across one, I'll post it for sure. Smile

I was definitely born in the wrong generation. I would have loved to have grown up in the 60s, gone to Woodstock, experienced the world changing so much, etc. But...if I had been born that long ago, I wouldn't have Gaslight at this point in my life! Haha, I'm just weird! Razz

Yeah, it was pretty incredible. Also, it kinda made me realize these guys have the potential to go far, which I already kinda knew... just hearing that song live reinforced that, which got me a little chocked up. But, yes... you should go listen to it again, and again, and again.... haha

Yeah right... I'm sure did. Razz If you do find a pic tho, that'd be funny to see it. haha I would be like, "Look it's Shannon the hipster!" haha

Yeah, that's true...you woulda potentially missed Gaslight. But, then you'd get to experience Led Zeppelin and the Beach Boys in their heyday...!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 38 Empty

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Whoa, heavy stuff. Are you officially a grown up now?

The thought of you as a police officer cracks me up for some reason. If you pulled someone over for speeding and they were wearing a Gaslight shirt, would you still give them a ticket? Suspect

No, still have another 2 semesters of college Sad Screw my first freshmen year!!!!!!! I am way more grown up now then I was 2 years ago and I bet I will be even more so once I get a job as an actually officer. Though, kinda sad this is the last record of theirs I will hear while not having an actual career. I dunno why it is sad, it just is.

I will only give them a ticket if they are not a badge bunny Wink.....actually, I don't even know if badge bunnies exist. I hear about them all the time but dunno if they exist.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 38 Empty

Spam - Page 38 Tumblr_m7q5bhWzEv1qam470o1_500

THIS WOMAN AND HER SON. FLAWLESS.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

By using the smoking pot hippie emoticon?............
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:36 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

By using the smoking pot hippie emoticon?............

YEP!

Dinner time, I'll talk to you guys later! wave
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:36 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

....The thought of you as a police officer cracks me up for some reason. If you pulled someone over for speeding and they were wearing a Gaslight shirt, would you still give them a ticket? Suspect

HAHAHA!! If not, I would move to Kansas and wear my Gaslight t-shirts all the time. (But, then I'd worry if I got pulled over by someone other than you).

Bye Shannon!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:45 pm

plugga wrote:

SORRY!! I DIDN'T KNOW! ...I'm not as well trained on frogs. Sad
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:46 pm

What's good you sexy bastards ?
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Crosby Stan wrote:

Haha Well...the new Gaslight album is good!

How's my wingman doin'?
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi !!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Crosby Stan wrote:

How's my wingman doin'?

Hhaha I'm good man. Just got back from vacation yesterday. Ya Handwritten is reaaaaaallly good...
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 8:59 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Hi !!!!! Very Happy

Hiiii!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:05 pm

Anyone else read the thread about Handwritten charting on Billboard? This is so exciting that they're probably going to chart so high!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:08 pm

Crosby Stan wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
Crosby Stan wrote:

How's my wingman doin'?

Hhaha I'm good man. Just got back from vacation yesterday. Ya Handwritten is reaaaaaallly good...

Nice! Vacation is always good. Yeah, I hear ya.

Shelby! That's crazy! Well, maybe not too crazy, but really exciting for the guys I'm sure!! I bet they've gotta be pumped. Not to mention it was like # 1 or # 2 on itunes...
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:12 pm

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Crosby Stan wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
Crosby Stan wrote:

How's my wingman doin'?

Nice! Vacation is always good. Yeah, I hear ya.

Shelby! That's crazy! Well, maybe not too crazy, but really exciting for the guys I'm sure!! I bet they've gotta be pumped. Not to mention it was like # 1 or # 2 on itunes...

It dropped to #8 on itunes but I think that's cuz the presales and the initial fans have done all their buying at this point. Passion Pit is still #1. Now we gotta wait and see if charting high on Billboard helps them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next