DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?

Go down 
+16
steph
CluckyB
azlisa
StitchesOnTheRadio
Matilda Noir
OldManShoes3
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Yozzy
eagles1139
ashleybb
NeverTrustAJunkie
JJW319
The Angry Johnny Revue
CasanovaBaby90
Labhras
Try Me
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Empty
PostSubject: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

I've saw alot of people say the opening riff is "cringe worthy" haha. Personally I love it.I need a break down from some long time fans. Whats your beef with this great song ?

Last edited by Crosby Stan on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm

i don't mind them getting the blues but when they cry they're just looking for attention. sluts.
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 pm

I originally really, really enjoyed the song.. As of late, not so much. Maybe I've killed it. Or could it be this forum persuading me to dislike it?! AHGHg
Back to top Go down
Labhras
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Labhras

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:59 pm

also anyone who doesn't like this song, ESPECIALLY the riff, is stupid. Labhras has spoken.
Back to top Go down
The Angry Johnny Revue
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
The Angry Johnny Revue

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:10 pm

This is my favourite song of all time. It is light years ahead of any other song that's ever been written or ever will be written let alone any Gaslight song.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?

It's because it's written in 3/4 and uses out of key notes, which make it sound awesome
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:12 pm

The Angry Johnny Revue wrote:
This is my favourite song of all time. It is light years ahead of any other song that's ever been written or ever will be written let alone any Gaslight song.

Woah dere boy.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:14 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Even Cowgirls Get the Blues?

It's because it's written in 3/4 and uses out of key notes, which make it sound awesome

Hahaha ahhh man. Did I ever butcher that song title.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Labhras wrote:
i don't mind them getting the blues but when they cry they're just looking for attention. sluts.

Hhahaha my first day posting here, & I start my posting career by butchering song titles. I'll hit ya's with a good one next time.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Labhras wrote:
also anyone who doesn't like this song, ESPECIALLY the riff, is stupid. Labhras has spoken.

Agreed. You certainly did speak.

I don't know why anyone would have an issue with anything about this song. I don't want to people who do.
Back to top Go down
ashleybb
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
ashleybb

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm

I live for the "yeah" at 1:06 in the album version.
Back to top Go down
eagles1139
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
eagles1139

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 pm

I like it but it doesn't strike me as one of the best on an album with so many other highlights. "There's a party tonight, I say it's alright, tell your papa you'll be home when the good feeling dies" is one of my favorite moments on the album though.
Back to top Go down
Yozzy
A Contender
A Contender
Yozzy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:41 pm

One of my favorite Gaslight songs to be honest.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 pm

Cowgirls is one of my very favorite Gaslight songs. I never understood why people had low opinions of it either. I love everything about it, especially the lines:

But all I want is you to be alright and satisfied
Brothers and sisters know anytime or late at night
If you call I will answer, I'm open ears though tired eyes
But the world closed it's arms on us now

I can really relate to those lyrics.
Back to top Go down
OldManShoes3
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
OldManShoes3

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:49 pm

I've never seen anyone hating on the song but I'm also new here. I personally love it, though it's probably in the lower half of my favorite songs off T59S. The intro riff is great in my opinion, it's the first thing I learned to play on guitar by Gaslight.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Noir
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Matilda Noir

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 pm

oh. i don't have any problems with that song! I love that opening riff (but I don't play music or anything). I think it's unique and catches your attention.
Back to top Go down
JJW319
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
JJW319

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Someone bust out the massive survey/poll we did for our favorite songs! See where Cowgirls ranks - I couldn't find it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 pm

my least fav gaslight song overall

idk maybe it is cause I've seen em play it live a lot

Last edited by oldgospelchoir on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 pm

JJW319 wrote:
Someone bust out the massive survey/poll we did for our favorite songs! See where Cowgirls ranks - I couldn't find it.

When was this?! I don't even remember seeing it! Shocked
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
my least fav gaslight song

Sanam, that hurts my heart. Sad
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 pm

JJW319 wrote:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2218p80-the-top-25-gaslight-anthem-songs-the-results-are-on-page-5 Google magic my fren.
It didn't make it....damn.
Back to top Go down
Try Me
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Try Me

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:03 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

Why though ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Crosby Stan wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

Why though ?

idk could be the lyrics, could be the opening riff.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Crosby Stan wrote:
JJW319 wrote:
https://thegaslightanthem.forumotion.com/t2218p80-the-top-25-gaslight-anthem-songs-the-results-are-on-page-5 Google magic my fren.

Wow, that was really cool! I think another poll needs to be done after Handwritten comes out. Smile
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Crosby Stan wrote:
JJW319 wrote:

Wow, that was really cool! I think another poll needs to be done after Handwritten comes out. Smile

i agree with that statement. but at least a few months after. Gotta get past that honeymoon phase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?    What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone's problem with 'Even cowgirls get the blues' ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next