DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+21
Breanne
HorribleCrowe
Harbortown
JJW319
azlisa
Labhras
Camus
Klown
StitchesOnTheRadio
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Christophe
ThisMachineKillsFascists
plugga
TGAFAN25
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGAforLIFE
saltandburn1967
Debonair
Mr.Grieves
IrishNameAndAnInjury
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:53 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
Anyway, I know I've asked this before, but since he never returned, anyone know where JohnnyC/Jackstreetcar got off to?

And John and bluuu?

EDIT: Never mind, saw Shannon's post

Last edited by MattL on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
See, goofy! geek

I'm not easily offended. I was just joking!

Quick! Top 3 favorite Gaslight songs at the moment. GO!

Mine are Bring It On, She Loves You, and Here Comes My Man. I love you

Mulholland Drive, Mulholland Drive, Mulholland Drive

That's a pretty big statement since you haven't even heard the whole song or read all the lyrics! But since I have read all the lyrics, I think it's safe to say that you won't be disappointed. I am dying to hear Mulholland Drive. I want to listen to it while driving down Mulholland! That woud be so amazing.

Let me just say this. I love songs that are made to drive around to with the windows rolled down at night. From the 20 second preview I heard...this is THE night driving song. Will go great with summer AND fall night driving sessions.

NOW I WANT TO HEAR MULHOLLAND DRIVE EVEN MORE! I love driving songs like that too. These next two weeks are going to be torture! Sad

Hang in there Shannon! I think you just might survive. Smile

And, I read some of the Jimmy spam convo... Wow. Yeah... that's just crazy. I think maybe Lorraine had a good point that Jimmy must just think we're all television characters. haha ...but, yeah. I gave up on page 34. Rolling Eyes How frustrating.

And, now I'm hungry for burritos too. haha

Everyone in spam is always hungry for burritos! We should open up a Mexican restaurant. I had a burrito for dinner and it was delicious!

*Brings her hand up dramatically to her forehead* Yes, I suppose I will survive the next two weeks, but waiting for this record is almost too much to bear! queen

Oh wow, you went back and read the terrible Jimmy conversation? I guess now you see what we were talking about earler. It was insane! And I love how Lorraine called him out on the whole "I don't think of you like real people" thing or whatever he said. That was the craziest part of it all! But...if we were television characters, who would we be? I think DSS might be a soap opera, or maybe a really silly sitcom.

Haha I bet we could make a good Mexican restaurant. And, apparently Brian likes Mexican too. (At least he said so at the concert this last weekend. Very Happy ) So, maybe he'd stop by sometime. haha

Hang in there Shannon. Hang in there. Smile

Yeah... gosh. It was almost depressing. Sad Yeah, Lorraine had a good point. haha I can't remember how he stated it either... but, yeah, seriously. This could be a soap opera or a really silly sitcom. If I was a guy in a sitcom tho, I want to be Jim from the Office. I think I can almost match his funny smile/smirk sometimes. lol
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 am

MattL wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:
Anyway, I know I've asked this before, but since he never returned, anyone know where JohnnyC/Jackstreetcar got off to?

And John and bluuu?

They all disappeared at the same time... I smell a conspiracy.

Maybe they all joined hands and ran off into the sunset together. jk jk
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

And John and bluuu?

There are no emoticons! Are you serious or joking? confused

Serious. They disappeared.

Alexander banned them for a week! They'll be back on Wednesday. Bluuu was making horribly offensive comments that upset a lot of people, and John was being offensive at times too and also bullying Jimmy, so he needed a time out as well I guess. It'll be interesting to see what happens if and when they come back...

"Bunch of power crazy dictators" blah blah blah rage rage rage - *sigh*
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:01 am

Is John harbortown?

Also, to answer you from before, Shannon, I messaged Jack a few days ago, and I haven't seen him since!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:05 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Oh, and sorry to change the topic to Jimmy... But, yeah, I can totally see your frustration Shannon. Hopefully this break for Jimmy will help him learn something and it will sink in...

But, yeah...

15 days does still seem like a looooooong time. But, hang in there, and maybe listen to some other good music in the mean time...?

I started listening to Dave Hause a bit more and forgot how good his music was. Smile

No need to apologize! He's been brought up many times today because yesterday was just so bizarre, frustrating, rage-inducing...you get the picture. I haven't been that mad in a long time.

I am pretty much listening to music nonstop, haha! Lots of Gaslight because I am obviously obsessed and can't go a single day without ilstening to them, and also lots of Lucero, Tom Petty, and some Frank Turner today too. I need to check out some of Dave Hause's music. I've heard some of the Revival Tour stuff, but nothing else. Do you have any recommendations?

Okay... Yeah. It was pretty bizarre so I understand. I can definitely see why you were mad. I really hope some of the things you and everyone else said sink in... A LOT. Or, at least somewhat. Jeeze...

Yeah, that's a good philosophy. haha I can relate, I don't think I can go a day w/out my Gaslight either. Yeah, Lucero, Tom Petty are good.. and Frank Turner, he's alright. (No offense Lorraine). Yeah, he's an amazing musician. I'd recommend any of his newer stuff. This one's really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUXGhsrwsT0

Also: C'mon Kid, Pray for Tuscon and Resolutions. There's definitely a few others.... just can't come up with names right now.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:07 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
See, goofy! geek

That's a pretty big statement since you haven't even heard the whole song or read all the lyrics! But since I have read all the lyrics, I think it's safe to say that you won't be disappointed. I am dying to hear Mulholland Drive. I want to listen to it while driving down Mulholland! That woud be so amazing.

Let me just say this. I love songs that are made to drive around to with the windows rolled down at night. From the 20 second preview I heard...this is THE night driving song. Will go great with summer AND fall night driving sessions.

NOW I WANT TO HEAR MULHOLLAND DRIVE EVEN MORE! I love driving songs like that too. These next two weeks are going to be torture! Sad

And, I read some of the Jimmy spam convo... Wow. Yeah... that's just crazy. I think maybe Lorraine had a good point that Jimmy must just think we're all television characters. haha ...but, yeah. I gave up on page 34. Rolling Eyes How frustrating.

Everyone in spam is always hungry for burritos! We should open up a Mexican restaurant. I had a burrito for dinner and it was delicious!

*Brings her hand up dramatically to her forehead* Yes, I suppose I will survive the next two weeks, but waiting for this record is almost too much to bear! queen

Oh wow, you went back and read the terrible Jimmy conversation? I guess now you see what we were talking about earler. It was insane! And I love how Lorraine called him out on the whole "I don't think of you like real people" thing or whatever he said. That was the craziest part of it all! But...if we were television characters, who would we be? I think DSS might be a soap opera, or maybe a really silly sitcom.

Haha I bet we could make a good Mexican restaurant. And, apparently Brian likes Mexican too. (At least he said so at the concert this last weekend. Very Happy ) So, maybe he'd stop by sometime. haha

Yeah... gosh. It was almost depressing. Sad Yeah, Lorraine had a good point. haha I can't remember how he stated it either... but, yeah, seriously. This could be a soap opera or a really silly sitcom. If I was a guy in a sitcom tho, I want to be Jim from the Office. I think I can almost match his funny smile/smirk sometimes. lol

You have Jim's smile?! Shocked Please post a picture of this! Jim's the best! I was going to say that I'd be Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks, but I'm not in high school anymore, so I need to think of a different character. I'm open to suggestions! Razz

Haha, Brian was talking about Mexican food? What did he say? If I worked in a restaurant and Brian came in, I'd probably end up spilling food on him. I tend to make a mess in the kitchen and spill things. The kids think it's hilarious because sometimes I make a bigger mess than they do!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 am

Debonair wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
MattL wrote:

And John and bluuu?

There are no emoticons! Are you serious or joking? confused

Serious. They disappeared.

Alexander banned them for a week! They'll be back on Wednesday. Bluuu was making horribly offensive comments that upset a lot of people, and John was being offensive at times too and also bullying Jimmy, so he needed a time out as well I guess. It'll be interesting to see what happens if and when they come back...

"Bunch of power crazy dictators" blah blah blah rage rage rage - *sigh*

Is that what Bluuu said when created his new account and came back asking why he was banned? I stopped reading after his first post.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:11 am

MattL wrote:
Is John harbortown?

Also, to answer you from before, Shannon, I messaged Jack a few days ago, and I haven't seen him since!

Yes, John is Harbortown. He is also my honarary little brother and the King of Spam, but he has lost the respect of a lot of his subjects, haha. Hopefully this break will teach him a lesson and the old, cool John will come back. I miss him. Sad

Hmm...maybe Jack is on vacation? I don't know. I really like his songs so I hope he comes back and posts more soon. Maybe he's going through this marathon writing session and will post a new album soon. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
Oh, and sorry to change the topic to Jimmy... But, yeah, I can totally see your frustration Shannon. Hopefully this break for Jimmy will help him learn something and it will sink in...

But, yeah...

15 days does still seem like a looooooong time. But, hang in there, and maybe listen to some other good music in the mean time...?

I started listening to Dave Hause a bit more and forgot how good his music was. Smile

No need to apologize! He's been brought up many times today because yesterday was just so bizarre, frustrating, rage-inducing...you get the picture. I haven't been that mad in a long time.

I am pretty much listening to music nonstop, haha! Lots of Gaslight because I am obviously obsessed and can't go a single day without ilstening to them, and also lots of Lucero, Tom Petty, and some Frank Turner today too. I need to check out some of Dave Hause's music. I've heard some of the Revival Tour stuff, but nothing else. Do you have any recommendations?

Okay... Yeah. It was pretty bizarre so I understand. I can definitely see why you were mad. I really hope some of the things you and everyone else said sink in... A LOT. Or, at least somewhat. Jeeze...

Yeah, that's a good philosophy. haha I can relate, I don't think I can go a day w/out my Gaslight either. Yeah, Lucero, Tom Petty are good.. and Frank Turner, he's alright. (No offense Lorraine). Yeah, he's an amazing musician. I'd recommend any of his newer stuff. This one's really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUXGhsrwsT0

Also: C'mon Kid, Pray for Tuscon and Resolutions. There's definitely a few others.... just can't come up with names right now.

Ooh, I like that song you linked! I'll have to look up the other songs too. There is just so much good music out there that I have never heard!

I hope some of our advice to Jimmy sinks in A LOT too, but based on his history, it's unlikely. Miracles do happen though!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:23 am

Debonair wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Suuuuuubway. omnomnomnomnomnomnom

What kind of sandwich???

Buffalo chicken!

Sad splitsies?

Come on over!!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:28 am

If Jimmy is silly enough to come back to this board again, he will just go back to the behavior we don't like. How do I know? Cus look at what he just did! He'll do it again. He just doesn't know any better.

I think in some ways, the other banned parties also forgot that we're actually people on the other side of this monitor, not computer characters here so they can see how we'll react to whatever provocative statements they dream up that afternoon. I didn't like being set up to look uptight. I'm the Princess of Filth for fuck's sake. But that doesn't mean I want to hear about "cougar tacos" and their feelings on "Fat chicks" (no I still am not over that). The "relax" and "Don't be so uptight" replies to being called out were my hint that they just didn't know what else to say cus they're not as clever as they want us to think. "They're just ambitious with their arguing..." Sorry. Frank Turner tangent.

Anyway, our advice will never EVER sink in with JimmyB. EVER.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:33 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
See, goofy! geek

You have Jim's smile?! Shocked Please post a picture of this! Jim's the best! I was going to say that I'd be Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks, but I'm not in high school anymore, so I need to think of a different character. I'm open to suggestions! Razz

Haha, Brian was talking about Mexican food? What did he say? If I worked in a restaurant and Brian came in, I'd probably end up spilling food on him. I tend to make a mess in the kitchen and spill things. The kids think it's hilarious because sometimes I make a bigger mess than they do!

Haha Well, kinda... I'll see if I can work on it. :I Hmm... Yeah, I dunno. I'll try to think of a character for you. haha It will have to be a drama queen tho...

Yeah, I can't remember exactly what he said. But he was talking about some Mexican restaurant in Portland that is really good, and I think he asked Alex R. what the name of it was because he couldn't remember. He did a lot of talking at the show. haha He also started talking about beards, and he turned to Alex R. and said, "You like all beards, I just like certain beards." haha Seriously, he should be a stand up comedian on the side. haha That's funny you sometimes make a bigger mess than the kids do. That's gotta take talent. Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:37 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
If Jimmy is silly enough to come back to this board again, he will just go back to the behavior we don't like. How do I know? Cus look at what he just did! He'll do it again. He just doesn't know any better.

I think in some ways, the other banned parties also forgot that we're actually people on the other side of this monitor, not computer characters here so they can see how we'll react to whatever provocative statements they dream up that afternoon. I didn't like being set up to look uptight. I'm the Princess of Filth for fuck's sake. But that doesn't mean I want to hear about "cougar tacos" and their feelings on "Fat chicks" (no I still am not over that). The "relax" and "Don't be so uptight" replies to being called out were my hint that they just didn't know what else to say cus they're not as clever as they want us to think. "They're just ambitious with their arguing..." Sorry. Frank Turner tangent.

THIS! Clap
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
TGAforLIFE wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
See, goofy! geek

Haha Well, kinda... I'll see if I can work on it. :I Hmm... Yeah, I dunno. I'll try to think of a character for you. haha It will have to be a drama queen tho...

Yeah, I can't remember exactly what he said. But he was talking about some Mexican restaurant in Portland that is really good, and I think he asked Alex R. what the name of it was because he couldn't remember. He did a lot of talking at the show. haha He also started talking about beards, and he turned to Alex R. and said, "You like all beards, I just like certain beards." haha Seriously, he should be a stand up comedian on the side. haha That's funny you sometimes make a bigger mess than the kids do. That's gotta take talent. Razz

Haha, oh no! I'm afraid of what drama queen character you might think up for me! Razz

Beards! I think Brian must be lurking around here and have seen all of the beard talk on this board. That would be hilarious if I was actually right! I think his stories and jokes and stuff are so funny. He should be a comedian on the side! That would be perfect.

I have many talents. Making a huge mess with food is just one of them. One time I was baking cupcakes with the kids and spilled a whole bag of flour all over the place (the bag ripped and it went all over the floor and counter). They loved the "flour cloud" that hung in the air afterwards but I did not!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:48 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
Debonair wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
Suuuuuubway. omnomnomnomnomnomnom

What kind of sandwich???

Buffalo chicken!

Sad splitsies?

Come on over!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

THIS! Clap

Yeah... I can see that. I guess I thinks it's good to be optimistic sometimes. But, maybe (with Jimmy at least) that's an ambitious thought. elephant
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 am

Haha, oh no! I'm afraid of what drama queen character you might think up for me! Razz

Beards! I think Brian must be lurking around here and have seen all of the beard talk on this board. That would be hilarious if I was actually right! I think his stories and jokes and stuff are so funny. He should be a comedian on the side! That would be perfect.

I have many talents. Making a huge mess with food is just one of them. One time I was baking cupcakes with the kids and spilled a whole bag of flour all over the place (the bag ripped and it went all over the floor and counter). They loved the "flour cloud" that hung in the air afterwards but I did not!

Haha Yeah, I dunno... that would be funny if he spent some time lurking here and seeing all the beard talk. But, it was funny that he gave Alex a hard time about liking all beards. I guess Alex must really like beards! Yeah, I'd definitely pay to go to a stand up comedy show if Brian put one on. haha

Yeah, I don't suppose driving fast is another one of your talents? haha That's funny the kids loved the "flour cloud." Oh to be a kid again. I bet you had to clean it up tho... but did they at least help? That must have been quite the mess!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:03 am

According to someone on DSS, the StumbleUpon contest is Gaslight selling out. OMG. *facepalm*
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:04 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
According to someone on DSS, the StumbleUpon contest is Gaslight selling out. OMG. *facepalm*

Whaaaat? Who said that?!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 am

Quote :
Seriously, how much did Stumbleupon pay them for this crappy gimmick??? This is the sort of thing I'll call any band out for in terms of "selling out"... selling your fans out by forcing them to sign up to a website in order to preview your samples is ridiculous.
-chanter

Thankfully everyone else seems to disagree.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:09 am

stepsandnumbers wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Whaaaat? Who said that?!

So is playing smaller venues! And teasing songs and then removing them from the site! And hell, just talking to JADEDPUNKHULK is selling out! And so is releasing a new album!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 am

Yeah, just went and read through that thread. See, that's exactly why I stopped reading so many other threads! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 am

I hate JadedPunkHulk.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:12 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Quote :
Seriously, how much did Stumbleupon pay them for this crappy gimmick??? This is the sort of thing I'll call any band out for in terms of "selling out"... selling your fans out by forcing them to sign up to a website in order to preview your samples is ridiculous.
-chanter

Thankfully everyone else seems to disagree.

I wonder if someone paid this guy to go on the website here and say that...? Maybe he is "selling out" too. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next