DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!

Go down 
+19
ShieldYourEyes
liveit
Jjaeger240
pookieray
mark_275
ksupilot
billy pilgrim
Jim
laurendelore
Shipyards
dandangoose
Jukebox Romeo
stephendgaf
e7c
Forum Owner
kieran
JoshRaymond
xstevenbx
Stalls_Standing
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Yeah, he is, I forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 7:32 pm

oh yeah, i knew that dude was the drummer for one of the late night shows, but i forgot which one, and i didn't know his name
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:55 pm

This is a great news. Man they are really starting to hit it big.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:33 pm

9 hours to go
Back to top Go down
mark_275
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mark_275

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:37 pm

I hope this gets put on youtube soon after , cause us in the UK wont be able to watch. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:53 pm

i'm sure it will be. i'm recording it 'cause 1:30's a little too late for me on a school night, but i don't have any way to rip it
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:40 am

They played the 59 sound! It was wonderful! They're sure to gain a bunch of new fans. They all had new clothes and nice haircuts. I feel so happy for them!
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:52 am

It was grand. Also...I don't watch House, but holy shit Hugh Laurie is funny.
Back to top Go down
pookieray
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 am

so glad I stayed up to watch this even though I was recording it, they did amazingly! I was nervous the sound wouldn't be good cuz the few times bands I like have performed on conan the sound is always poor but tonight was perfection and they looked like they were having so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Jjaeger240
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 3:57 am

It will probably be uploaded sometime tomorrow afternoon to this website.

http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O%27Brien/video/episodes/

I'm pissed because this girl brought me to the bar tonight and I just got back after I completely forgot this was on tonight. I even watched last night's episode just to hear Conan say "The Gaslight Anthem" (I'm not weird, right?), so pissed I missed it. Ughhhhhh, I was looking forward to turning on the TV and seeing them, watching it on my computer takes away from the awesomeness.

I drunk I'm not swear.
Back to top Go down
ksupilot
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 4:29 am

it was a great performance! at first it appeared they might have been a little nervous, but it really took off from there.
Back to top Go down
Jjaeger240
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsoQw9l1DA

He definitely sounded shaky until about midway through, I'm not a fan of the teeth-grinding grovelling he did of the lyrics. Still a really solid performance, especially since they were able to adjust all of the effects for it since they were only playing one song.
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:34 am

xstevenbx wrote:
They played the 59 sound! It was wonderful! They're sure to gain a bunch of new fans. They all had new clothes and nice haircuts. I feel so happy for them!

They got all their new clothes and stuff from the Van's Store signing (I think) they were just allowed to take whatever they wanted!

The performance was really great, Angry Brian sounds good for certain things and I think this was one of them
Back to top Go down
liveit
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 11:57 am

billy pilgrim wrote:
It was grand. Also...I don't watch House, but holy shit Hugh Laurie is funny.

Oh you have to watch House. Even if it's the reruns. Best show ever.
Back to top Go down
billy pilgrim
A Contender
A Contender
billy pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:10 pm

I'm too much of a hypochondriac. It sucks because the two episodes I have seen were great.
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Jjaeger240 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUsoQw9l1DA

He definitely sounded shaky until about midway through, I'm not a fan of the teeth-grinding grovelling he did of the lyrics. Still a really solid performance, especially since they were able to adjust all of the effects for it since they were only playing one song.
I was just afraid he was gona sound like he did for that australia show. idk if anyone noticed, but he sounds shaky the whole time on that. thankfully they sounded awesome
Back to top Go down
Jjaeger240
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm fairly sure that was just due to poor audio editing; they turned his voice up way too loud in the playback and they did a pretty hack job of dubbing out the audience noise. Given if it was for something more important they could have done a better job editing but I don't think they were shooting for perfection.
Back to top Go down
ShieldYourEyes
A Contender
A Contender
ShieldYourEyes

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 2:02 pm

That was so amazing, last night! I had to go to my friends apartment since I don't have a TV, but wow. We hung out all evening in anticipation, he and his wife are really digging TGA now because of me!

In between Pulp Fiction and Conan until they played. I definitely thought it was a great performance, i didn't dig the growling vocals at first, but after a while I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 5:10 pm

this performance already has almost 2,900 views between the multiple videos
Back to top Go down
laurendelore
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
laurendelore

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 10:05 pm

They were fantastic. I'm happy for them. I bet the experience was pretty nerve-wracking.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox Romeo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Jukebox Romeo

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:34 pm

now they have over 10,200 views on youtube
Back to top Go down
Stalls_Standing
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Stalls_Standing

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Do they know if this forum had anything to do with it?
Back to top Go down
xstevenbx
Wooderson
Wooderson
xstevenbx

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 11:40 pm

i know i've seen it at least 4 times
Back to top Go down
e7c
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
e7c

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:12 pm

I found the performance odd...

Brian didn't wear a hat
Alexes wore a hat
Alex R didn't have a fanny pack on

other than that, awesome job!
Back to top Go down
mark_275
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
mark_275

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:15 pm

i seriously get goosebumps when i watch this!

btw i've seen them twice withought brian wearing a hat lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!   TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV News: TGA to appear on Conan O'Brien!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next