DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)

Go down 
+49
StitchesOnTheRadio
Proteus
Hanswurst
lostmeandering
1930!
Try Me
TheSultanOfSwing
DeathoftheCool
Tom1911
riversedge
Chesser19
BuddyHolly
songs like a comfort
acousticbandit
scarsrsouvenirs
JDaniels
J_Bizness
jeffrey2
simo
enola
stagedive
Danieljsmith
azlisa
holdsteady82
White Man In Hammersmith
brianisbae
DaleCooper
ral
TheEmptyBones
TGAFAN25
TGAforLIFE
Afzoomie67
LaGuitarLady
gaslightfan89
AmSlang59
rumham
thomas94
ThisMachineKillsFascists
steady now steady now
gtalbott
MikeSig
snakester
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
A_Regular
saltandburn1967
Christophe
eagles1139
Debonair
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:00 am

Wow. I didn't think I could be so moved by some preview clips. Particularly National Anthem and Blue Dahlia.

There's a poetry about these streets, and it slips from your skin and goes right underneath
And momma always knew I'd meet a girl like you, but me I never believed
Cause I been so lonely I can't imagine that kind of sympathy

I serioulsy shed a tear the first time I heard those lines.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:01 am

ThisMachineKillsFascists wrote:
Wow. I didn't think I could be so moved by some preview clips. Particularly National Anthem and Blue Dahlia.

There's a poetry about these streets, and it slips from your skin and goes right underneath

These lyrics seem so much like THC to me, which makes me even more excited to hear this album! If Brian managed to bring in a little bit of the Crowes into a Gaslight record, I might not be able to stand it.

I don't know how the songs sound since I haven't listened to the clips, but I'm definitely getting that kind of vibe from the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:22 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:

These lyrics seem so much like THC to me, which makes me even more excited to hear this album! If Brian managed to bring in a little bit of the Crowes into a Gaslight record, I might not be able to stand it.

I don't know how the songs sound since I haven't listened to the clips, but I'm definitely getting that kind of vibe from the lyrics.

Mae sounds very reminiscent of The Horrible Crowes. Those lyrics from Blue Dahlia are amazing though!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:31 am

Christophe wrote:

Mae sounds very reminiscent of The Horrible Crowes. Those lyrics from Blue Dahlia are amazing though!

I have been dying to hear Mae ever since Brian said a while back that it is one of his favorite songs he's written. And it sounds like THC?! Oh boy, this album is going to be mind-blowingly amazing!
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

Christophe wrote:

Yeah...that song (Mae) reminds me of Sugar.

Last edited by thomas94 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:45 am

thomas94 wrote:
Christophe wrote:

Yeah...that song reminds me of Sugar.

Oh man, Sugar is my favorite song off of Elsie. It's going to be very hard waiting 20 more days for this album! I really hope it ships early!
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:49 am

16 days for people in Germany Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 am

Anyone else feel like there's a Social Distortion sound to Silver?

Last edited by chanter on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am

I just thought it sounded like Nirvana, with a slight Gaslight take on it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:22 pm

I think it's a good thing the lyrics have a THC vibe!
To me, at least, Elsie was the most emotionally moving of any Fallon-written album. Don't get me wrong, I adore every Gaslight record, but Elsie was "I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE OF ROCK AND ROLL..." for me, THAT was the album that solidified him and one of, if not THE, best modern rock songwriter around.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 1:41 pm

I just listened to every song sample in order again and there is not one sample I dont like. All of them are so amazing. Each one is so different than the other. PLEASE COME JULY 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:24 pm

I have no willpower. Rather than over analysing I figured I'd post my immediate reaction to each song:

45 - sounds familiar
Handwritten - ok but possibly forgettable after 45. How can I say such a thing?
Here Comes My Man - better than Letterman version.
Mulholland Drive - will sing along loudly to "I just di-ied".
Keepsake - I thought this was the fast one? Otherwise, sounds a bit like Go Tell Everybody.
Too Much Blood - ooh, bluesy. Nice.
Howl - Or maybe this is the fast one.
Biloxi Parish - sounds like they'll do it justice.
Desire - "ooohhhh, ooohhhh" YES!
Mae - agree re the Sugar comparisons. Especially in the bassline.
National Anthem - Here's Lookin' at You Kid comparisons unfair, could be a classic in its own right.
Blue Dahlia - how is this only a bonus track?
Sliver - interesting vocal delivery - grandma take me home? GILFs? Oooh, more enthusiastic singing bit.
You Got Lukcy - already heard it.

Overall - very excited.

Last edited by markbarlow on Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AmSlang59
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:40 pm

eagles1139 wrote:
To satisfy someone who is TRYING to hold out on actually listening, can someone give me 2 or 3 of their favorite lines they heard in a preview ? Don't say what song it's from.

"Now everybody lately is living up in space, flying through transmissions on invisible airwaves."
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 pm

This preview made me more excited than the preview for American Slang. I have to say this album dose sound a lot more polished than their previous efforts although I don't consider that a bad thing that's bound to come up in reviews for the album.

And National Anthem might overtake Blue Jeans and Here's looking at you kid as the top Gaslight slow song.
Back to top Go down
LaGuitarLady
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
LaGuitarLady

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 pm

I asked myself what I'm going to do If I don't like this album. Then I checked the preview and right now I'm sure that I will love it!!!
Back to top Go down
Afzoomie67
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Afzoomie67

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 am

Alright..this has to come out soon!
Back to top Go down
gaslightfan89
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Can't wait for a leak, waiting another 18 days seems like an eternity.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:52 pm

Haven't listened to any of the samples since yesterday. STAYING STRONG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

But you already listened! Why stop now? I still haven't listened to the samples and it's driving me absolutely insane, but I'm glad I'm holding out for the album.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

But you already listened! Why stop now? I still haven't listened to the samples and it's driving me absolutely insane, but I'm glad I'm holding out for the album.

Cause....Though I already have a small taste of what they sound like, I can still forget how they sound mostly in the next 20 days. They were all excellent and awesome but I only listened to them for 2 days. I don't have them implanted into my head perfectly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:45 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

You may as well just get it out of the way and listen. They're terrible. Really.

You'll only be disappointed if you hold out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:54 pm

markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

You may as well just get it out of the way and listen. They're terrible. Really.

...I can't tell whether you're trying to trick people into spoiling it for themselves or are legitimately disappointed by the songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:07 pm

MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

...I can't tell whether you're trying to trick people into spoiling it for themselves or are legitimately disappointed by the songs.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:08 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Yeah! High Five Way to stay strong Shannon!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:09 pm

markbarlow wrote:
MattL wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Twisted Evil

He is evil!!!!! Quick, throw holy water on him! CHRISTO!!! CHRISTO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)   'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' spoiler thread (incl. full lyrics)
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next