DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' vinyl

Go down 
+44
SirBrad
19thirty
IFeelBlue
TGAforLIFE
RandyMachoManCabbage
osumarko
xahhx
CluckyB
Van Der Twix
Resolve
tyoac
heartlikeatomb
IAmDisappeared
jerzshore732
Don Carlo
enola
holdsteady82
nynkr
kcdc
simo
DaleCooper
think-or-swim
bringiton
Dearly Departed
A_Regular
Johnxazn
brucesboots
Crockin
fake_empire
Vibes
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
snakester
Bea
Klown
Sinngh
thomas94
HorribleCrowe
ral
bobbyjames
moodydan
moreblue
steady now steady now
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:45 pm

Yeah I got mine from Amazon today. It's like clear blue or something.
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Banquet is now saying the Euro pressing is identical to the US pressing. I'll be so bummed out if they are indistinguishable.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 pm

A_Regular wrote:
Banquet is now saying the Euro pressing is identical to the US pressing. I'll be so bummed out if they are indistinguishable.

That's odd. The limit to "500" doesn't seem to make much sense then (unless the matrix # is different).
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
A_Regular wrote:

That's odd. The limit to "500" doesn't seem to make much sense then (unless the matrix # is different).

I'm now hoping AT LEAST a different bar code or small print
Back to top Go down
A_Regular
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
A_Regular

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:35 pm

If there is a bar code... just realized they don't really do that anymore
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 pm

if the euro and US are the same its a rip off, Banquet said it was a Euro pressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:09 pm

brucesboots wrote:
if the euro and US are the same its a rip off, Banquet said it was a Euro pressing.
I'm going to cancel my Banquet order and get it from my local record shop instead.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:42 pm

From Shopcast

Quote :
Gaslight Anthem "Handwritten" May Be Last copies!!

We were just informed this morning that we may not be able to get any more copies of the Gaslight "Handwritten" on LTD blue vinyl. We are hoping this is NOT true as for we are down to our last 20-30 copies!!! If you have not yet ordered this and plan to, we suggest you do not wait. Even if we get more copies it will likely not be very many.

They couldn't possibly be near the end of the first press...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:59 pm

Looks like a lot of people got took with the promise of "limited" vinyl and offers of variants, huh?
Back to top Go down
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 am

Too lazy to read the whole thread... did anyone else catch Ian hiding in the record sleeve (the part the record goes in, the shares a side with the back cover. Cracked me up when I saw him there =)

also I get that there is not enough space on the vinyl to include the delux tracks... but its stupid they are not included in the download card Mad
Back to top Go down
xahhx
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Received this info from Banquet regarding the Euro press:

"the LP was sold into us as a Euro pressing and listed in good faith as such. as far as we're aware it still is, but the two LPs are apparently identical in colour etc.

unfortunately the UK label have given next to no information about the LP, so we don't have any more information beyond what's on the website until the stock arrives. we'll update as soon as we know more."

Looks like you can't really fault Banquet for the confusion over the Euro press. To be honest, they've been really great regarding communication.
Back to top Go down
osumarko
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Did anyone else who has the vinyl notice the odd placement of Ian's photo? On the inside of the sleeve where the record is.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:05 am

osumarko wrote:
Did anyone else who has the vinyl notice the odd placement of Ian's photo? On the inside of the sleeve where the record is.

In the Ian Perkins thread people were joking about it.
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:12 am

osumarko wrote:

it's simply the equivalent of the photo of Ian which is behind the CD in the CD case
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:22 pm

its nice that Ian is included , dont see the big deal at all.
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the LP is now backordered or sold out at most major websites. SRC- sold out, Amazon backordered 1-2 months, Hot Topic sold old out, Interpunk backordered & at Infinite Merch it is no longer listed . If the 10,000 pressed number is accurate that is a lot of vinyl to move in one week. Is it possible this may soon need a second press? Great for them if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Lot of places starting to doubt that 10,000 number...and rightfully so.

Red press here we hopefully come!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 1:39 am

Red press would be cool! Why don't they just do black tho? Too common I suppose...?
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:37 am

Mercury dont say much do they, my guess is the 2nd press will be unlimited black.
Back to top Go down
RandyMachoManCabbage
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
RandyMachoManCabbage

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 am

Count me in the camp doubting 10,000. Either way, to sell thru the first run of a major label release in a week is a major accomplishment.
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 am

Alexander,

What was your source of information for the 10,000 number? Someone in the band?
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:50 am

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Alexander,

What was your source of information for the 10,000 number? Someone in the band?

no, not in the band; they'd probably be the last to know, given that they hadn't even seen the vinyl until someone showed them one they bought at a show

my source is very high up within the management/label aparatus and confirmed the 10,000 number several times, as I triple checked it
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
moodydan
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am

It would seem then, if 10,000 is fairly concrete, it's an issue of distribution and not supply. That's pretty unfortunate, since you'd think the first few weeks are the most important for sales. With that being said, pretty much every record store around me (including Hot Topic) had plenty of copies for sale, so at least some stores somewhere planned ahead and didn't go overly conservative (or ignore it altogether).
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 am

Just got my shipping notification from Greenhell!!
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:52 pm

Shrewsbury_Stars wrote:
Just got my shipping notification from Greenhell!!

and me.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' vinyl
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next