DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Handwritten' vinyl

Go down 
+44
SirBrad
19thirty
IFeelBlue
TGAforLIFE
RandyMachoManCabbage
osumarko
xahhx
CluckyB
Van Der Twix
Resolve
tyoac
heartlikeatomb
IAmDisappeared
jerzshore732
Don Carlo
enola
holdsteady82
nynkr
kcdc
simo
DaleCooper
think-or-swim
bringiton
Dearly Departed
A_Regular
Johnxazn
brucesboots
Crockin
fake_empire
Vibes
Shrewsbury_Stars
Jerseyrain
StitchesOnTheRadio
snakester
Bea
Klown
Sinngh
thomas94
HorribleCrowe
ral
bobbyjames
moodydan
moreblue
steady now steady now
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:34 am

Klown wrote:
Play I found are even slower now, especially since they have started charging for postage that will get the item there in 3-5 days. Not the company they used to be.
Ah - yea its been a while since I ordered from them. They charge for postage now?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:35 am

markbarlow wrote:
Klown wrote:
Play I found are even slower now, especially since they have started charging for postage that will get the item there in 3-5 days. Not the company they used to be.
Ah - yea its been a while since I ordered from them. They charge for postage now?

There's the option now, pay for postage or still get it delivered for free.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:37 am

Klown wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Klown wrote:

There's the option now, pay for postage or still get it delivered for free.
And the paid option only offers to get it to you in 3-5 days? Guess I won't be relying on them to deliver quickly.

I got fed up of them when they started flogging cheap gadgets and clothing.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Klown wrote:

Doesn't sound really good...In that case both versions I ordered of Handwriiten wouldn't arrive on the release day Crying or Very sad ..would be really bad because I'm going on vacation just a few days later and I planned to take the album with me then

Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Well, if you've ordered multiple copies, and want a copy for going away, well, I'm not suggesting you do this, but you could borrow it from the internet...then give it back to the recycle bin when you get back
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Klown wrote:
Well, if you've ordered multiple copies, and want a copy for going away, well, I'm not suggesting you do this, but you could borrow it from the internet...then give it back to the recycle bin when you get back

I really hope I won't have to do that Wink ...
Back to top Go down
kcdc
A Contender
A Contender
kcdc

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 am

According to a post over at vinyl collective proboards:

from the latest greenhell-newsletter:

the lp+7" is delayed to the beginning of august and is now limited to 750 due to the high demand
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadformat.net/tradelist/kcdc
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:43 am

Seems like Green Hell has sold 'em (vinyl + 7") out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 pm

thomas94 wrote:
Klown wrote:

I'm in a similar position to you. Album out on Monday 23rd and I'm going away on Wednesday 25th. I could just buy a CD copy on release day but I've already pre-ordered it more than once and don't want another copy!

My holiday will involve lots of driving so I MUST have the new album in time!

Hoping a mate will have it and I can get a cheeky rip.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 pm

markbarlow wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Klown wrote:

I'm in a similar position to you. Album out on Monday 23rd and I'm going away on Wednesday 25th. I could just buy a CD copy on release day but I've already pre-ordered it more than once and don't want another copy!

When Dave Hause's Resolutions came out the vinyl was delayed too. Because of that they offered a free digital download of the album on the release day for all those who had already pre-ordered vinyl...that was really fair Smile . That was definitely a cool way to handle a bad situation...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 pm

thomas94 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Klown wrote:

When Dave Hause's Resolutions came out the vinyl was delayed too. Because of that they offered a free digital download of the album on the release day for all those who had already pre-ordered vinyl...that was really fair Smile . That was definitely a cool way to handle a bad situation...
Very cool. Highly doubt a major label would go to that kind of length though I think it should be standard practice for pre-orders.
Back to top Go down
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:06 pm

markbarlow wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
thomas94 wrote:
Klown wrote:

Very cool. Highly doubt a major label would go to that kind of length though I think it should be standard practice for pre-orders.

Yeah, I'm sure Mercury won't do that...but it was cool to see that there was a label really caring of the fans when that happened Wink
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 pm

kcdc wrote:

the lp+7" is delayed to the beginning of august and is now limited to 750 due to the high demand

surely part of the high demand is that it was limited to 500? (ok, 750 is not high either, but you know what I mean)
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

steady now steady now wrote:
kcdc wrote:

surely part of the high demand is that it was limited to 500? (ok, 750 is not high either, but you know what I mean)

Think so too. There have been a lot of people wanting to have something really special, regarding the fact that the blue vinyl includes 10.000 copies
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 am

another update from Banquet on their Eurp press (don't know if it's been mentioned yet):

Quote :
update 10th July. we're definitely getting 100 of these. we'll try to secure more by the end of the day. This Euro pressing DOES NOT contain a 7". thats a different press. we await updated every day
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 am

Glad I jumped on both Flight 13 and Banquet now!
Back to top Go down
steady now steady now
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steady now steady now

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:41 am

Klown wrote:

same here, though I went with Banquet and Green Hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaslightanthem.org
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:47 am

Has anyboy mentioned before that Flight13 write that the limited 7" with the bonus tracks will be clear blue vinyl..?

Edit: They also write that they'll get the vinyls on 10th August (before they wrote they'd get them on 3rd)
Back to top Go down
Shrewsbury_Stars
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Shrewsbury_Stars

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:11 am

Klown wrote:

I agree but it's pretty inexcusable that we are only realizing this in hindsight. Why is it so goddamn hard for Mercury/Gaslight to disclose pressing info before the preorders begin?
Back to top Go down
nynkr
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 pm

so.. the one on amazon will be blue for sure? I'm very confused now Neutral
Back to top Go down
holdsteady82
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:49 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed, but can you still get the vinyl and 7in together at Green Hell? It looks like you can. Now, it's difficult for me to translate, but it looks to me like you can get the Handwritten vinyl, 7in with extra tracks, and maybe even a cd included as well? Here's what it says (translated) on Green Hell:

"Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten col.LP+7"/CD
Release: 20.07. There are probably col. Vinyl, the situation is changing but every second! We'll keep you up to date. Gaslight Anthems' passion is also reflected in the sound of the album again, it will return emotional, personal, and it certainly melodic, but the emphasis remains, and the momentum back with a new strength and quality".

What do you guys think? If you don't get the CD with the order, it looks like they're at least still offerring the album vinyl and 7in available, right?
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:45 am

holdsteady82 wrote:
Sorry if this has been discussed, but can you still get the vinyl and 7in together at Green Hell? It looks like you can. Now, it's difficult for me to translate, but it looks to me like you can get the Handwritten vinyl, 7in with extra tracks, and maybe even a cd included as well? Here's what it says (translated) on Green Hell:

"Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten col.LP+7"/CD
Release: 20.07. There are probably col. Vinyl, the situation is changing but every second! We'll keep you up to date. Gaslight Anthems' passion is also reflected in the sound of the album again, it will return emotional, personal, and it certainly melodic, but the emphasis remains, and the momentum back with a new strength and quality".

What do you guys think? If you don't get the CD with the order, it looks like they're at least still offerring the album vinyl and 7in available, right?

The lim.ed with the 7 inch is sold out I believe. What is still on sale is the 'col LP' where we don't know for sure yet if that stands for 'collectors' or 'coloured'. Could be the limited Euro pressing ...

I will try to call Green Hell today ...

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 am

http://www.flight13.com/details/100352/gaslight-anthem-handwritten

ermmm...the 7" isn't mentioned anymore...
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:15 am

I can't believe we still haven't had any official confirmation on exactly what is going on with these Euro presses!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 am

Just got an email back from flight 13, all pre-order for the 12"+7" before they took the info down, will have the 7" included Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Handwritten' vinyl   'Handwritten' vinyl - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Handwritten' vinyl
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next