DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for a FULL Live Album?

Go down 
+13
rumham
UpLateAtNightAgain
drifter69
thebends
bakerfall
bobbyjames
PJayBe
Klown
Jerseyrain
CluckyB
White Man In Hammersmith
Debonair
gtalbott
17 posters
AuthorMessage
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

Time for a FULL Live Album? Empty
PostSubject: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 am

Once the record's dropped, anyone else feel like this tour would be the perfect time for a real live album? Seems like they're really on the brink of major success and hit a creative peak on this record. Songs off "Handwritten" are gonna spice up the setlist we've been seeing recently and give it some more muscle.
Any specific show/date you guys think would be best?
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 am

They've said that they might do official bootlegs etc. on their forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:20 am

I'd rather see some live DVDs.
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:23 am

I would love a live album and/or DVD! Fingers crossed one will be released in the near future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
CluckyB
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
CluckyB

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:46 am

Maybe a holiday show at the Pony. Can't see them doing anything sooner. Need to give handwritten time to breathe before shoving a live album at people. Wouldn't be surprised if we get one middle next year though to tied everyone over until the next real album.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:51 am

I'd much rather see a DVD released after all the bootlegs I have. I think this is more likely if they were to release anything live but then again most bands release the cd of their live DVD don't they these days.
It would be nice to have CD of a guaranteed good quality bootleg.
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 am

To soon, to many this will be their 'first' album, granted, it could be a great introduction, but I think it would be another 3 or 4 years yet, before the major commercial live album.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
PJayBe
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:10 am

......maybe an "Instant Live" / "Official Download" deal so we can all pick up the shows we go to......

Philip
Back to top Go down
bobbyjames
A Contender
A Contender
bobbyjames

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 am

Would love a live CD/DVD combo with a decent tour documentary to go with it. I don't want much!
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 am

Brian told me in 2010 that they were going to have Danny Clinch film the RCMH show for DVD release and were going to include a CD with studio versions of their covers to package with it. Apparently, side one dummy nixed this release and the plan for b-side CD became the iTunes session. So, it's definitely something they've wanted to do in the past and I imagine it will be something they revisit.

Releasing digital bootlegs of every show would be awesome, and would probably encourage even greater setlist variety (which they've been a lot better about lately). I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
thebends
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 pm

what ever happen with the convention hall footage in asbury...that show was filmed.
Back to top Go down
drifter69
Wooderson
Wooderson
drifter69

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Live album would fit perfect in time for christmas, after "Handwritten" is huge!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mafiamusic.proboards99.com
UpLateAtNightAgain
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:21 pm

I would certainly buy one! amazing live band
Back to top Go down
gtalbott
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
gtalbott

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Klown wrote:
To soon, to many this will be their 'first' album, granted, it could be a great introduction, but I think it would be another 3 or 4 years yet, before the major commercial live album.

Eh I'm not sure about that, doesn't seem right to wait 5 albums, lots of bands never even get to 5. TGA's time is NOW to break through, they've been at this for 6 years now, we have no idea how many albums they'll actually make. I'd love to see one out recorded sometime this tour.
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 pm

gtalbott wrote:
Klown wrote:

Eh I'm not sure about that, doesn't seem right to wait 5 albums, lots of bands never even get to 5. TGA's time is NOW to break through, they've been at this for 6 years now, we have no idea how many albums they'll actually make. I'd love to see one out recorded sometime this tour.

I don't know, a live album right now to me doesn't seem right. They have an opportunity and squandering it on a live album to "sell" themselves would be a huge mistake. There needs to actually be a demand for a live album and I doubt there's anywhere near enough for Mercury to waste their time promoting something like that. Brian has made it very clear he wants Gaslight to be big and it's not going to happen by releasing a live album. They would be better off just implementing a system like other artists have done that allows fans to download the shows they attend. However I do agree, everything is in place for Gaslight to really make a name for themselves. Handwritten has already been mentioned as a highly anticipated album for 2012. Their time is certainly now but it needs to be done in the studio so they can keep the hype surrounding the band going. And to be fair it's not like we don't have high quality Gaslight video/audio at our disposal, in 2 months we got a full Brooklyn show, the Orion setlist and a Letterman appearance.

Last edited by chanter on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 pm

I doubt that live albums are big sellers overall...
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:52 am

thebends wrote:
what ever happen with the convention hall footage in asbury...that show was filmed.

Hmm... That could make a good live dvd. Seems like it was just a fun thing for them to do. I could definitely see a live dvd or album once Handwritten gets some (potential) play time. Smile

simo wrote:
I doubt that live albums are big sellers overall...

That is a good point tho... IMO live albums never sound as good as good as a studio album. Although, a live album on vinyl...? Now that I could go for!
Back to top Go down
enola
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
enola

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:24 am

thebends wrote:

I can't remember where I read it but they said that there won't be more videos or a DVD from the Christmas show. I also cannot recall that the whole set was being filmed ...

But they once said that they loved to do a live DVD but that it doesn't fell like the right time for it. So I reckon it will be another 2 years or so. Although I hope for an earlier release Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/manu74
thomas94
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
thomas94

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:03 pm

bobbyjames wrote:
Would love a live CD/DVD combo with a decent tour documentary to go with it. I don't want much!

I agree here, a documentation taking an hour (or more) in style of the Handwritten - Making Of would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Whatever's released, if its video, I hope there's a blu-ray option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a FULL Live Album?   Time for a FULL Live Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time for a FULL Live Album?
Page 1 of 1