DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EU / UK Tour 2012

Go down 
+80
Holland
golem
LaGuitarLady
Woody
moreblue
visible_karma
tom.TGA.punk
bringiton_ty
Emusic
DockOfTheBay
LittleSkill
kayla_tga
OldHaunts
BigCol
henn
Heart_Strings
AlfieUK
mike
Rock bus
BuddyHolly
bringiton
CapedAvenger
chickenman
thomas94
theBasemen
saraM87
joshyboytyler
1930_GA
_rebekka_
riversedge
steady now steady now
VoidedCyanide
PJayBe
theratman
AGoodTime
Raoul_Duke
NeverTrustAJunkie
StitchesOnTheRadio
sandinista
kirstyt
ThisMachineKillsFascists
bakerfall
JJW319
YouCanCallMeSally
ghosttocoast
giasonas
oh_megan
drifter69
The Boxer
Van Der Twix
Sinngh
Bea
oli1980
Álvaro
Camus
Dino
StopAndSlideToTheRight
Down by the Mersey
fake_empire
Krusimo
mingus
bobbyjames
tyoac
HorribleCrowe
The Major
Christophe
Gaslight23
Jerseyrain
Steve70s
Paula
VanillaMintFusion
White Man In Hammersmith
brucesboots
luckyman
loazis
plugga
Hirti
moonlight
Klown
enola
84 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage

EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:56 pm

bakerfall wrote:
markbarlow wrote:
Forget the festivals, they don't count.

And forget Koko which was a one-off and a hard ticket, I've waited 2 years to see Gaslight in the UK.

You realize how silly this sounds, right? Forget all the times they've played in the UK, I've waited 2 years to see them in the UK.

Not silly at all - I say forget festivals because TGA are generally restricted to a short set (maybe 45 minutes) and the tickets are extremely expensive if you only want to see one band play half a set.
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Klown wrote:
I really wish I could find that article where Bruce Dickison slammed the Americans and their constant want for touring, and how it is an impossible task given the size of the country and the cost that it takes.

It's true, it's really hard for bands to tour the US. Gaslight also went years doing incessant touring the US, so we got a bit spoiled. I also know they make way, way more money doing festivals than small shows, so I get that.

I just hope you European fans know that you have had WAY more shows over the past couple years than the US.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm hoping NOONE posts the links for the pre-sales that was given out in the fanclub email. Would ruin the whole advantage of actually joining the thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:01 pm

bakerfall wrote:
plugga wrote:
The only italian date they're doing is in milan and i am 10 hours away from milan. Hooow about that!!
I get that you want a us tour but you just need to be patient for a bit Very Happy

I'm being patient (and driving to see them), I'm just saying that complaining because they're only playing 4 shows in the UK is silly.

Sorry they aren't playing more shows in Italy Smile

I wasn't complaining! I said I am disappointed cause I expected more UK dates.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/rubychaos
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

bakerfall wrote:
Klown wrote:
I really wish I could find that article where Bruce Dickison slammed the Americans and their constant want for touring, and how it is an impossible task given the size of the country and the cost that it takes.

It's true, it's really hard for bands to tour the US. Gaslight also went years doing incessant touring the US, so we got a bit spoiled. I also know they make way, way more money doing festivals than small shows, so I get that.

I just hope you European fans know that you have had WAY more shows over the past couple years than the US.

So Gaslight toured incessantly around the US and are currently playing more shows in Europe? Sounds like it's evening out then. End of conversation? Yes? Cool.

Now, who's gonna be going to which show?
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Klown wrote:
I'm hoping NOONE posts the links for the pre-sales that was given out in the fanclub email. Would ruin the whole advantage of actually joining the thing.

Yeah, someone better fill Miss Megan in...
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Camus wrote:
bakerfall wrote:
Klown wrote:

So Gaslight toured incessantly around the US and are currently playing more shows in Europe? Sounds like it's evening out then. End of conversation? Yes? Cool.

Now, who's gonna be going to which show?

Agreed. So I would love to go to Cologne and Manchester.
Thinking about Brixton but London will be too far and I would only be wanting to go to see my fav band play the notorius Brixton Academy kinda Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:05 pm

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
Agreed. So I would love to go to Cologne and Manchester.
Thinking about Brixton but London will be too far and I would only be wanting to go to see my fav band play the notorius Brixton Academy kinda Very Happy

Come see them in Brixton! It will be totally worth the effort. It's not that far from Durham anyway, honest. Razz
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:06 pm

If you come to both nights at Brixton, I won't call you Sally, promise.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Did we ever find out what your name was?
Back to top Go down
White Man In Hammersmith
Wooderson
Wooderson
White Man In Hammersmith

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:08 pm

So the 45 Club pre sale is Wednesday?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/theknuckledowns
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Someone said the presale dates were changed...I missed that...
Back to top Go down
YouCanCallMeSally
A Contender
A Contender
YouCanCallMeSally

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 pm

HAhahaha no you didnt. Though Labhras came kinda close but I have even forgotten what his guess was.

Anyway, I started looking at Newcastle - London flights. Well around 85 Euros isn't horrible but still the cost for hostel and stuff. And I will just have moved then so I don't know what'll be left.
PLUS your stupid Pound Sterling is expensive for the Eurokids!!!!!!

Well on the other hand I'd have to fly out to cologne too, so...damn it I can't decide!
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Klown wrote:
Someone said the presale dates were changed...I missed that...

The email shows different dates for the presales per show, they aren't all on the 27th. Some are the 26th, some are today.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Klown wrote:

I'm sure you'd have to log in so I doubt it'll matter.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE though give the rest of us a heads up about how they system works and the flaw and the advantages and all that once you guys have gone through it! It would be much appreciated.

Whoever said touring the US is expensive ain't wrong. I spend several months in London and traveled to a total of 5 other countries and back and all of that added up to less than it costs for me to fly from New York to California one way. US travel is insane.

Good luck to those trying to get tickets!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:17 pm

I don't think this is the proper 45rpm presale system, as that is for doubles only...I say the proper 45 pre-sales will be through the website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 pm

I'm going to try for all the UK ones but can't really afford flights/hotels etc for the Euro ones.

Looks like the pre-sale HAS been moved to Wednesday for those shows. Puts it in line with the O2 pre-sale so not a benefit (if you're on O2 or know someone who is).

If you're buying seats (which my brother is), which site will have the best Question

Last edited by markbarlow on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bakerfall
A Contender
A Contender

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:20 pm

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Klown wrote:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE though give the rest of us a heads up about how they system works and the flaw and the advantages and all that once you guys have gone through it! It would be much appreciated.

Whoever said touring the US is expensive ain't wrong. I spend several months in London and traveled to a total of 5 other countries and back and all of that added up to less than it costs for me to fly from New York to California one way. US travel is insane.

The links in this email are just TM presales, no unique codes/login. It would be wise to not share these.

When the new system is in place, only members will be able to buy them so no worries there.

I went to the UK to see Pearl Jam in 2000, did London x 2, Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff. Easiest tour I've ever done, distance wise. It was great Smile

Compare that to some of the distances I've traveled for shows in the US and you can see how perspective is lost in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:26 pm

YouCanCallMeSally wrote:
HAhahaha no you didnt. Though Labhras came kinda close but I have even forgotten what his guess was.

Anyway, I started looking at Newcastle - London flights. Well around 85 Euros isn't horrible but still the cost for hostel and stuff. And I will just have moved then so I don't know what'll be left.
PLUS your stupid Pound Sterling is expensive for the Eurokids!!!!!!

Well on the other hand I'd have to fly out to cologne too, so...damn it I can't decide!

You have to tell us at some point! It's mean otherwise. Razz You can probably get the train for around £60 for a return, and then just need to pay for a hostel etc so it doesn't work out too expensive.

Brixton is obviously the better choice. Cologne is much too far away. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:28 pm

bakerfall wrote:
StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Klown wrote:

The links in this email are just TM presales, no unique codes/login. It would be wise to not share these.

When the new system is in place, only members will be able to buy them so no worries there.

I went to the UK to see Pearl Jam in 2000, did London x 2, Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff. Easiest tour I've ever done, distance wise. It was great Smile

Compare that to some of the distances I've traveled for shows in the US and you can see how perspective is lost in that regard.

I do appreciate how huge the US is. Maybe a better comparison is USA vs Europe (as a whole).

I looked up the gig history through the last two years (hoping to prove you wrong!!) but you're quite right, they've played more festivals, headliners and support shows in Europe than the US.

I think it comes down to them being especially stingy with US dates rather than overly generous over here. Like I say, its been nearly 2 years since we had a headline tour in the UK. Admittedly the Revival Tour was a great distraction and something we're not likely to see again with Brian.

Last edited by markbarlow on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Camus wrote:
You can probably get the train for around £60 for a return
Book it in advance you'll probably get it for nearer £30.

I'm off to London in a few weeks - paid £13 each way from Preston!
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Can we try to keep this discussion to the EU/UK Tour itself rather than whether TGA have played more shows over here than in the US?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Camus wrote:
Can we try to keep this discussion to the EU/UK Tour itself rather than whether TGA have played more shows over here than in the US?

This is all I read in this thread. And I will just back right out cus that discussion just sounds pointless.
Back to top Go down
brucesboots
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 pm

German pre-sales via 45 club are up
Back to top Go down
Raoul_Duke
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Raoul_Duke

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:38 pm

So can i just check ive got this right, the mailing list presale is tomorrow? Or is it Wednesday? and what about fan club presale? whens that? who was the tuesday presale for?

major confusion....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU / UK Tour 2012   EU / UK Tour 2012 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EU / UK Tour 2012
Page 8 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 25  Next