DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+19
DeathoftheCool
TGAforLIFE
LuceroDiehard
saltandburn1967
TGAFAN25
Breanne
HorribleCrowe
Labhras
kirstyt
ThisMachineKillsFascists
loazis
colmillionaire
plugga
steph
Harbortown
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:13 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Mike, do you have absolutely no temper at all? I find that amazing. In most situations I would agree that violence isn't the answer, but I have a real problems with people who think they can go around treating others like crap and getting away with it. I have never punched anybody, but I've come close a couple of times. Good for you for never resorting to violence though!

I think everyone has a temper...some people are just better hiding it than others. There is absolutely no way someone can go their life without getting angry. I've known people who seem like the happiest people in the world but deep down they are some of the angriest people I have known. I also believe that if you think you are "man enough" to talk to crap on people then you should be "man enough" to get a beating and get what you deserve. I don't believe in letting people say things and think they are bullet proof. Both times I got in these fights I never heard them say things like I heard them say before around me. Its a way to get things done.

I agree that everyone has a temper, but stooping to their level shows that you're no better than them.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Camus wrote:
Mike, do you have absolutely no temper at all? I find that amazing. In most situations I would agree that violence isn't the answer, but I have a real problems with people who think they can go around treating others like crap and getting away with it. I have never punched anybody, but I've come close a couple of times. Good for you for never resorting to violence though!

Uhh, I guess not. I've never really considered my lack of temper before now, but it could be that I just hide it really well. Razz

I think that's really impressive, actually. I don't understand it at all Razz, but to be that peaceful is still impressive! I have always been a spitfire and I get all up in arms about things very easily, but I'm trying to control my temper a little better and let the unimportant things go instead of fighting or arguing about them. I wish I was just naturally like that!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Camus wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I think everyone has a temper...some people are just better hiding it than others. There is absolutely no way someone can go their life without getting angry. I've known people who seem like the happiest people in the world but deep down they are some of the angriest people I have known. I also believe that if you think you are "man enough" to talk to crap on people then you should be "man enough" to get a beating and get what you deserve. I don't believe in letting people say things and think they are bullet proof. Both times I got in these fights I never heard them say things like I heard them say before around me. Its a way to get things done.

I agree that everyone has a temper, but stooping to their level shows that you're no better than them.

I don't see how that is stooping down to their level at all. I see a huge difference between calling girls sluts,whores, the 4 letter C word which 99 percent of people hate, and numerous other things different than sticking up for girls who wouldn't harm a fly. But hey, that is just me.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Camus wrote:

Uhh, I guess not. I've never really considered my lack of temper before now, but it could be that I just hide it really well. Razz

I think that's really impressive, actually. I don't understand it at all Razz, but to be that peaceful is still impressive! I have always been a spitfire and I get all up in arms about things very easily, but I'm trying to control my temper a little better and let the unimportant things go instead of fighting or arguing about them. I wish I was just naturally like that!

I wasn't always like this. I'd read something quite a while back about how holding onto anger only ends up harming yourself and it made perfect sense, and since then I've just been able to let everything go. It didn't make sense to stay angry over such insignificant events.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I think I've only started a fight twice...

Once at a gig when a guy thought he was cool for repeatedly slamming into a girl and hurting her, I just saw red and lashed out, then security give him a kicking as well.

...and when I was sitting peacefully having a drink, whilst my mates skated down the hill a bit, a gang came and started picking on them (the gang was older than the ones they were beating up) because they were different and saw it as an easy fight, picking on kids. I again, saw red, smashed a bottle and jumped right into the middle of the ignorant feckers...they didn't hang around long...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:18 pm

Klown wrote:
I think I've only started a fight twice...

Once at a gig when a guy thought he was cool for repeatedly slamming into a girl and hurting her, I just saw red and lashed out, then security give him a kicking as well.

...and when I was sitting peacefully having a drink, whilst my mates skated down the hill a bit, a gang came and started picking on them (the gang was older than the ones they were beating up) because they were different and saw it as an easy fight, picking on kids. I again, saw red, smashed a bottle and jumped right into the middle of the ignorant feckers...they didn't hang around long...

Can we hang out? You sound like a guy I would love to grab a beer with.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Camus wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

I don't see how that is stooping down to their level at all. I see a huge difference between calling girls sluts,whores, the 4 letter C word which 99 percent of people hate, and numerous other things different than sticking up for girls who wouldn't harm a fly. But hey, that is just me.

If you don't understand how using violence to get your point across is just as low as what they were doing then I'm not sure I could make you understand my viewpoint.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:20 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:

Can we hang out? You sound like a guy I would love to grab a beer with.

Laughing consider it a date Smile

Is it bad that I see both sides of the discussion going on here, and think that they are both right in their own way.

Last edited by Klown on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Camus wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Camus wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

If you don't understand how using violence to get your point across is just as low as what they were doing then I'm not sure I could make you understand my viewpoint.

Well, I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty

Camus wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Hmm...I just had a thought. I wonder if the differences in opinions could be partly based on nationality. I think Chris's viewpoint is very typical of the American way, and I don't think Brits tend to be as hot-headed and physical as we Americans are. There are some big cultural differences there. Most guys I know would definitely agree with Chris. If a dude is causing a problem by being disrespectful or rude, punch his lights out and he won't do it again. I'm not saying that's always the right answer, but I wouldn't be mad if I guy did that for me...assuming I didn't take care of the problem myself already. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 25 Empty

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Well, I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Yep, we can leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Camus wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Hmm...I just had a thought. I wonder if the differences in opinions could be partly based on nationality. I think Chris's viewpoint is very typical of the American way, and I don't think Brits tend to be as hot-headed and physical as we Americans are. There are some big cultural differences there. Most guys I know would definitely agree with Chris. If a dude is causing a problem by being disrespectful or rude, punch his lights out and he won't do it again. I'm not saying that's always the right answer, but I wouldn't be mad if I guy did that for me...assuming I didn't take care of the problem myself already. Very Happy

That makes sense. I'd say that I share Mike's viewpoint here.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Pants!!!
pic.twitter.com/IhxNhEi7
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:14 pm

I don't hang around people I'd feel the need to punch. Except at concerts. But it's not worth it. Just tell security and hope for the best. Otherwise I'd rather not get kicked out of a show. After the Dimebag incident I don't trust security to catch everything, so you never know what someone's carrying on them.

I listen to Howard Stern every day so my view of how females are discussed is probably a bit different in terms of what I find offensive.
Back to top Go down
kirstyt
Wooderson
Wooderson
kirstyt

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Free download of Jr Juggernaut's "Tonight Come Home" is available by clicking here!

If any of you go on Paper + Plastick, they were the mystery band that were being streamed on the site, & this is one of the songs. It's really great so you should check it out!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:58 pm

"hanging out of the back of it"?? No

excuse me while i go barf.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Classy...eh?! I'm sure that really gets the motors going when talking dirty and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:19 pm

Everyone needs to go listen to that new session I just posted in the Video section. The most amazing acoustic version of 45...
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:23 pm

Klown wrote:
Everyone needs to go listen to that new session I just posted in the Video section. The most amazing acoustic version of 45...

Yeah, much better than the NME peformance.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Eeeevening Smile
Back to top Go down
ThisMachineKillsFascists
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ThisMachineKillsFascists

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Sup!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Very Happy

How goes it, boys?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:44 pm

All good, plenty of gaslight goodness today, finding out info from El Jefe, and that fab new session from Brian.

Good times, good times Smile Yourself?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Hey guys!

Gordon, thanks for posting that video and the audio rips for the acoustic 45/American Slang. Oh my gosh, they made me get all teary eyed! Especially the end of AS where Brian changed the lyrics.

I didn't think 45 would be so powerful slowed down like that, but wow, it was really great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next