DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+19
DeathoftheCool
TGAforLIFE
LuceroDiehard
saltandburn1967
TGAFAN25
Breanne
HorribleCrowe
Labhras
kirstyt
ThisMachineKillsFascists
loazis
colmillionaire
plugga
steph
Harbortown
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Klown
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:31 pm

steph wrote:
IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
steph wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
steph wrote:

Lorraine, you're on the Top Posters list now! oh, Spam...
!

FML

I've got drunk video of me dancing. Sad Not posting it but just wanted you to know it exists.

Razz that's awesome

also the top ten list is half girls, mhmm!

We will take over this forum! cheers

I just saw my post count. Kill me now! I spend waaaaay too much time here! But oh well, I'll have to cut back starting Friday when the kids go on summer vacation. Then I will be working 10-12 hours a day. I will go through withdrawals.

it's not a bad thing, you're like the house mother here! Razz you can't escape your mothering tendencies, even here, sorry, toots!

Haha, I know! I've been taking care of kids with babysitting/teaching/nannying since I was 11 years old, so it's a huge part of my life. Sometimes I can't shut it off! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:37 pm

steph wrote:
Sad do you think you're just emotional or that you're really depressed sometimes?

i mean, i was so depressed i basically sat on the couch zoning out/watching tv/drinking all day for a long time. like, it was a big effort to brush my teeth and take a shower every day. or take a shower every other day, to be perfectly honest Razz

it might seem weird for me to say that, but now that i'm feeling better and have some perspective, i don't care about talking about it.

moral of the story: if it's anything like that, you should do something about it Smile and also, yes, it's nice to just randomly be happy and be happy about the future, too Smile

I haven't been diagnosed or anything because no insurance and no money means no psychiatrist, but yeah, I definitely have been dealing with depression for the last several years. I have had every single symptom at one point or another, often all at the same time. It also runs in my extended family, so I know what it looks like. I have always been extremely overly emotional, like since birth, but this is different. I don't mind talking about it because it's a part of who I am and you guys have all helped me through tough times before.

When it gets bad, it takes every ounce of everything I have just to get through the work day, and that's because the kids need me. That's what pulls me through more than anything. Them, and prayer. They rely on me for everything, and I have no choice but to be there for them. But when I am home, I will just sit in front of the TV or computer and listen to sad music or watch shows that depress me further, and cry. And write a lot of sad poetry. That helps too sometimes. I would never post that stuff though. It's way too dark. And since I don't sleep, that doesn't help anything either. If I'm happy I don't really mind not sleeping, but it makes things worse when I'm depressed.

Hug it's no fun living like that. but you shouldn't let it go on like that, even if you don't have a lot of money. if they know you are broke, they might be willing to charge a little less.
i know here, there was a low-cost psychiatric facility. it took about a month to get in, but it was much cheaper than seeing a regular psychiatrist.

i saw a psychiatrist for a while, but then i didn't feel like i needed to talk about things so much as just taking the anti-depressants. my psychiatrist referred me to a psychiatric nurse practitioner, cheaper cause she's not a psychiatrist, but she just asks me how the meds are doing, blah blah, and she can prescribe meds for me. she charges $60, and i only see her every couple of months so long as everything is going well.

if i can help in any way, you know where i am Smile
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:46 pm

steph wrote:
steph wrote:
Sad do you think you're just emotional or that you're really depressed sometimes?

i mean, i was so depressed i basically sat on the couch zoning out/watching tv/drinking all day for a long time. like, it was a big effort to brush my teeth and take a shower every day. or take a shower every other day, to be perfectly honest Razz

it might seem weird for me to say that, but now that i'm feeling better and have some perspective, i don't care about talking about it.

moral of the story: if it's anything like that, you should do something about it Smile and also, yes, it's nice to just randomly be happy and be happy about the future, too Smile

I haven't been diagnosed or anything because no insurance and no money means no psychiatrist, but yeah, I definitely have been dealing with depression for the last several years. I have had every single symptom at one point or another, often all at the same time. It also runs in my extended family, so I know what it looks like. I have always been extremely overly emotional, like since birth, but this is different. I don't mind talking about it because it's a part of who I am and you guys have all helped me through tough times before.

When it gets bad, it takes every ounce of everything I have just to get through the work day, and that's because the kids need me. That's what pulls me through more than anything. Them, and prayer. They rely on me for everything, and I have no choice but to be there for them. But when I am home, I will just sit in front of the TV or computer and listen to sad music or watch shows that depress me further, and cry. And write a lot of sad poetry. That helps too sometimes. I would never post that stuff though. It's way too dark. And since I don't sleep, that doesn't help anything either. If I'm happy I don't really mind not sleeping, but it makes things worse when I'm depressed.

Hug it's no fun living like that. but you shouldn't let it go on like that, even if you don't have a lot of money. i know here, there was a low-cost psychiatric facility. it took about a month to get in, but it was much cheaper than seeing a regular psychiatrist.

if they know you are broke, they might be willing to charge a little less.

i saw a psychiatrist for a while, but then i didn't feel like i needed to talk about things so much as just taking the anti-depressants. my psychiatrist referred me to a psychiatric nurse practitioner, cheaper cause she's not a psychiatrist, but she just asks me how the meds are doing, blah blah, and she can prescribe meds for me. she charges $60, and i only see her every couple of months so long as everything is going well.

if i can help in any way, you know where i am Smile

Hug Thank you, Steph! That really means a lot. The advice, the offer to help, all of it. I really appreciate it.

If I get any worse, I might have to check and see if there is a low-cost place like that around here. I have a lot of faith in the psychiatric field, it has helped a lot of my extended family, but I would be so reluctant to open up to someone I don't know. I'm just not that trusting. But anti-depressants I would take in a heartbeat, as long as the dosing wasn't so off it turned me into a zombie and I couldn't take care of the kids. I know sometimes that takes time to get figured out.

I'm just hoping that it won't get really bad again. I'm really trying hard to let things go and not take the world on by myself, among other things, so hopefully that will help some. This has been going on off and on for about six years, with a few bad episodes. This last one was really bad. You guys all helped though, and I can't thank you enough for just listening to me and putting up with me. I hope I wasn't mopey like you-know-who. I tried to keep that out of the forum!
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 pm

of course, girly. i got your back Smile

personally, i don't think you should wait til things get worse. i'm just saying, cause i've been there, and i know how hard it can be to reach out for help. but you know yourself best, so do what you gotta do.

seriously though, look into psychiatric nurse practitioners. i can't guarantee they're all the same as mine, but i don't have to open up so much with her as with a psychiatrist. she just wants to know if i'm doing okay, the meds are working for me, prescribe me more meds. that might be the best option for you.

i've tried a few meds, but i don't think i've had major problems on any. every person is different, of course, but i haven't had any experiences with feeling like a zombie.

and you weren't mopey like He Who Shall Not Be Named. there is a difference between that and just admitting you're having a rough time.

okay, now that i have successfully bummed out the Spam thread, i'm gonna go make myself some food. but seriously, you can PM me if you ever need to just vent, okay?

later, woman! wave
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:58 pm

THANKS, STEPH! No, you haven't bummed out spam, don't worry! And I really appreciate the advice about the nurse practitioners. That sounds like a good option. Smile

Have a good dinner and don't get bummed out; stay happy! wave
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm going to go too. I have to be up at 5:30 for work tomorrow. Buenos noches, DSS!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 am

What is up with this Thread? I have no idea what goes on in here................
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:30 am

LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR DIGNITY!

Just random chatter. And bouts of shameful activity. Feel free to join in. Just know you've been warned Sad
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:31 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
LEAVE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE YOUR DIGNITY!

Just random chatter. And bouts of shameful activity. Feel free to join in. Just know you've been warned Sad

Haha, I am all about shameful activity. My life is full of it so I think I will fit in just right Smile
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 am

Well the latest craze is uploading recordings of yourself. The cool kids are using Vocaroo.com. I've no idea how to tell you how to use it because it's like magic to me. If you don't know what to say, you can read anything you want or say anything you want Smile

Otherwise if you have a random vent/general life comment, this is pretty much the place to do it!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:41 am

It's early.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:44 am

Gordon! Why are you awake already?!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 am

I really have no idea....
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:54 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Well the latest craze is uploading recordings of yourself. The cool kids are using Vocaroo.com. I've no idea how to tell you how to use it because it's like magic to me. If you don't know what to say, you can read anything you want or say anything you want Smile

Otherwise if you have a random vent/general life comment, this is pretty much the place to do it!

Hrm. I am probably not cool enough to post recordings of myself yet. Them kids and their vocaroo.com. haha, I have no clue what that even is. I have never been one known for his knowledge in technology. Well, at least I know what this place is for now.

This weekend I ran into a girl i never called and told her I'd call her again and now I am regretting it. Now I feel like a huge jerk.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:56 am

Why don't you want to call her?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:56 am

Wait..woah. I just got called a cool kid.

ohhhh yeah Laughing
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:59 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Why don't you want to call her?

Cause I just don't want any risk of getting into a relationship right now. I am just having way too much fun and this next year is my final year of college. But the main reason is I just want to remain single.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:22 am

It's ok to tell her that. Plus she may not even be thinking what you think she is!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
It's ok to tell her that. Plus she may not even be thinking what you think she is!

Well...I ended up making out with her on her car that night...so....now I am probably stuck in a rut. Knowing my past experiences with girls, she is probably thinking more than I am right now.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 am

OMG just go read the Romance Issues thread! We probably have advice for that situation there. Razz Which inevitably is just tell the truth and the situation will go away.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:29 am

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
OMG just go read the Romance Issues thread! We probably have advice for that situation there. Razz Which inevitably is just tell the truth and the situation will go away.

Geez...you don't have to yell. haha. I am always getting myself caught up in these situations...haha...I guess I can take a look in that thread anyways.

Last edited by saltandburn1967 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:40 am

Haha I didn't mean to come across as yelling. But yeah, we've all done the avoidance thing. It just feels crappy.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:52 am

steph wrote:

Shannon, if you ever need anyone to talk to or whatever, I'm here for you. I was first diagnosed with a form of depression (along with a boatload of other mental illnesses; I've honestly lost track as to how many I've been diagnosed with) when I was 13 and went through a massive amount of nervous breakdowns last year before I finally got the right diagnosis regarding depression (turns out I have a form of manic-depression and it's not just clinical depression) and got the right meds. I'm all ears if you ever need anyone to just talk to.

I also come from a family of doctors, so I'm more than willing to help you find resources, etc. and whatever you need. I love you
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:01 am

And then if all else fails, read this again:

http://bizarrobrianfallon.tumblr.com/

Hug
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 18 Empty