DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+20
ghosttocoast
bakerfall
Debonair
simo
Christophe
colmillionaire
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAforLIFE
plugga
Labhras
IrishNameAndAnInjury
bringiton
NeverTrustAJunkie
Camus
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
kirstyt
Harbortown
Klown
steph
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

colmillionaire wrote:
I don't mind "the arguments" about the music as much as I mind "the arguments/attacks" of personal choices that people are making. That stuff is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree. I'm just so used to people on this board handling things respectfully and not making personal attacks. I've always thought this board is incredibly nice, and even when there were arguments they were usually resolved rather quickly and quietly. It's just odd to see it kind of going in a weird direction lately.

Maybe we've all been living in the comfort and hilarity of spam for too long. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:
I don't mind "the arguments" about the music as much as I mind "the arguments/attacks" of personal choices that people are making. That stuff is ridiculous.

Exactly. Boundaries were crossed yesterday, and if I was Fullcollapse, I would be seriously upset and probably never come back.

And I'm all for debates, but when they get too heated and turn into arguments, nothing gets accomplished. It's just a big fight and it's better to walk away before you get dragged down. A life lesson I'm still learning!

And when they cross into making threats about affecting your offline personal life, that's too much. What a dick. Fullcollapse has been around awhile I think too, so it'd be a shame to lose an old timer because some dude is a jackass.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:33 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
The amount of arguing going on here is getting kind of ridiculous. Everytime I open a new thread there's just pages of arguing rather than new information, so half the time I don't even read other threads. Which kind of defeats the purpose of being a member of a Gaslight board when I'm not getting any news about Gaslight on it.

EXACTLY my thoughts. Between Jimmy driving us all to depression and threads basically full of BS speculation that lead to arguments about basically imaginary situations, yesterday I was like... why am I here again? I can just shoot the breeze on Twitter with those of you on there instead.

Gordon- I saw your outburst in the other thread. You've come across to me as a completely rational person and obviously that dude had to be a special kind of annoying for you to respond to them that way. Crazies are bringing out the worst in us!

I forget which poster it was, but they started yelling at me "Look buddy, you don't speak for me ok" then deleted it. I saw it anyway and zinged 'em back, but then kissed & made up or whatever. A strange part of me was delighted I actually got to them because I let them get to me. I was happy to repay them. Not healthy taking glee in annoying a stranger on the internet LOL So yeah, I'm not going into the music related threads. Anything Gaslight newsworthy, hopefully the band will post themselves and I'll find out that way.

If not, we'll fill you in. High Five

It's insane that all of a sudden it got this bad. I mean, the whole Jimmy thing has been happening forever, but the rest of it. Where did these people all come from?!
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:34 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Klown wrote:
The fact that bakerfall, has been to 85 PJ shows, tells me all I need to know, to back up their previous comments.

I wish this board had an ignore function.

Are Pearl Jam fans particularly aggravating? I feel like there's been a lot of arguing on the board. I find myself in the middle of one without realizing it sometimes! I get having opinions but when your favorite band is being picked apart, it does stir up some emotion and the desire to want to kick the ass of someone who sticks to a point and can't even back up what they're saying with actual evidence. #IanComments

I agree, there has been too much arguing! And I'm not talking about you guys at all, you have just been trying to act as the voices of reason and interject some intelligence into these threads. If people want to bash Ian or talk about the band breaking up, they have come to the wrong place. Sorry, but this forum has never been about picking Gaslight apart and finding fault where there is none. I'm all for people having opinions, I have a billion of them myself, but I don't throw them out there just to cause trouble. #venting

Once again exactly how I feel Shannon. That's my piece right there High Five
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:34 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I'm just so used to people on this board handling things respectfully and not making personal attacks. I've always thought this board is incredibly nice, and even when there were arguments they were usually resolved rather quickly and quietly. It's just odd to see it kind of going in a weird direction lately.

Maybe we've all been living in the comfort and hilarity of spam for too long. Crying or Very sad

I think it's a sign of Gaslight's growing popularity. Funny that the fans have to make an adjustment to their rise in fame too! LOL

Next will be a huge wave of "Is Brian married?" and "Benny's so hot!" threads. And while I realize some of us *cough* have made statements about band members' looks (they're good lookin' dudes ok?) it's a whole other nightmare when the teenyboppers come in.
Back to top Go down
colmillionaire
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
colmillionaire

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

No need to call out names guys, lets just get back on track. People have to realize what they post on the internet can be seen by anyone, even when its deleted. I just want everyone to be cool. This place is too nice/special to be ruined by a little bad blood.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Colmillionaire
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:35 pm

See once people start paying for the fan club, then the fun starts...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:36 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

Spam is a nice place where people don't get attacked. Wasn't it just like, a few days ago that the rest of the forum was like this too? I thought the same thing as you, Sarah, and I was always really impressed at the level of maturity and understanding people had in regards to one another and all of our various opinions. I guess the wackos are coming out now and they don't play nicely! Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Christophe wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Klown wrote:
The fact that bakerfall, has been to 85 PJ shows, tells me all I need to know, to back up their previous comments.

I wish this board had an ignore function.

Are Pearl Jam fans particularly aggravating? I feel like there's been a lot of arguing on the board. I find myself in the middle of one without realizing it sometimes! I get having opinions but when your favorite band is being picked apart, it does stir up some emotion and the desire to want to kick the ass of someone who sticks to a point and can't even back up what they're saying with actual evidence. #IanComments

I agree, there has been too much arguing! And I'm not talking about you guys at all, you have just been trying to act as the voices of reason and interject some intelligence into these threads. If people want to bash Ian or talk about the band breaking up, they have come to the wrong place. Sorry, but this forum has never been about picking Gaslight apart and finding fault where there is none. I'm all for people having opinions, I have a billion of them myself, but I don't throw them out there just to cause trouble. #venting

Once again exactly how I feel Shannon. That's my piece right there High Five

High Five Great minds think alike! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:38 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
colmillionaire wrote:

I think it's a sign of Gaslight's growing popularity. Funny that the fans have to make an adjustment to their rise in fame too! LOL

Next will be a huge wave of "Is Brian married?" and "Benny's so hot!" threads. And while I realize some of us *cough* have made statements about band members' looks (they're good lookin' dudes ok?) it's a whole other nightmare when the teenyboppers come in.

lol! *cough cough* I have no idea what you mean...
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Technical question. How do you unzip a zip file or convert it to mp3? I want to download Gates' EPs from their site but the file is a zip and I don't know how to get it on my iTunes.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:26 pm

winzip

Just download from there

vhttp://www.winzip.com/win/en/index.htm

Last edited by Klown on Wed May 30, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks Gordon but the link doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Try this Smile
http://www.winzip.com/
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:33 pm

That's worked but looks like you have to buy it. Is there no way you can unzip a file without having to download any software? I have Windows Vista.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Christophe wrote:
That's worked but looks like you have to buy it. Is there no way you can unzip a file without having to download any software? I have Windows Vista.

The download button below the buy button.

Try winrar as well, it's actually better come to think of it.

http://www.rarlab.com/

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Last edited by Klown on Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simo
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
simo

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm pretty sure unzipping is built into Windows. Try right-clicking on the file and you should see "Extract" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:39 pm

simo wrote:
I'm pretty sure unzipping is built into Windows. Try right-clicking on the file and you should see "Extract" or something like that.

Is correct, I never knew that Smile You do learn something new every day.
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:47 pm

There is no extract option when I right click.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:48 pm

Download winrar Smile
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm just a bit wary of downloading stuff after getting viruses in the past. I'm sure this should be easy to figure out but nothing is working Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm

click and drag stuff on the desktop?
Back to top Go down
Christophe
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Christophe

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah I've tried that too Illaria it's not working.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:45 pm

ah it usually worked with me, crap!

Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks