DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey guys!

Go down 
+7
AGoodTime
Daire
JimmyB
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
Klown
HighLonesome
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:14 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
yay another Californian!

Yeaaaah! Good ol' CA Smile

AGoodTime wrote:
It's off the Gaslight Anthem Tumblr, I love dogs and The Gaslight Anthem so it seemed appropriate!

Definitely appropriate, I'd say!
Back to top Go down

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
yay another Californian!

what part of California??
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:44 pm

Vixly wrote:

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
It's nice to meet you too! Smile And your not alone in being addicted to this forum...haha, it's a cool place and no one gets annoyed when you go on and on about what an amazing band Gaslight is. Razz I would be nervous asking Brian for a picture too, but I have heard how cool they all are about that kind of thing, so I'd still do it. I haven't gotten to see them live yet, but I'm hoping for a concert in my part of the country in the near future!

Okay, awesome - a safe haven for me! Haha I've hooked many of my friends on Gaslight, but not to the extent of myself. Wink But yeah Friday night was the first time I've seen them, actually. I was supposed to in July of 2010 but I play college soccer and we had a training that night - I was heartbroken. Sad So you're in Virginia, right? Are you going to the DC show?

Yeah, I live in VA, but I'm from CA originally. I was born in the L.A. area and lived in Santa Cruz for four years as well. I wish I was going to the DC show, but I have to work that day and I'd never make it there in time. It's such a bummer! Sad DC is about a 3-4 hour drive depending on traffic, and I'm a nanny with long hours and no vacation time, so I'm out of luck. I'm really hoping that they'll come to the Virginia Beach area in the future. That would be perfect!
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:51 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
yay another Californian!

Fresno - the only good part about it is that I'm about equal distance to everything in California haha! Where are you at?

Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Vixly wrote:
Hey Vix, I'm Shannon. Welcome to the forum! Just like the other guys have said, this is a really fun place and we have a great time. It sounds like you're going to fit right in! And I love your profile pic with Brian too. You both look so happy! Very Happy

Hi Shannon, nice to meet you! And yes I love it here already, I think I'm almost addicted to this forum, haha. And wheeee thank you so much! I was extremely nervous when I asked him for a picture, but he was super nice about it. I was very impressed how greatly they treat their fans! I've encountered bands that are total jerks. Sad

JimmyB wrote:
Hey there welcome to the forum! As you said, we are all nice here. Glad to have you on. I'm Jimmy, and yes that is me in my avatar, I do play in a rock band, and do coffeeshop shows-much like Brian did.

Hey Jimmy thanks a bunch! And wow really, you do? That rocks dude. What are you guys called?

Daire wrote:
Welcome to the site! Smile

What other bands/musicians do you like?

Hi there, thank you! I love Rise Against (so you can imagine my excitement when Gaslight announced their tour with them!), Alkaline Trio, Bouncing Souls, Against Me!, and Brandon Flowers/The Killers. What about you? Smile

Ekovalley. We are just starting though, hope to have our first show in July. We are having a 9 hour practice the week after memorial day.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Yeah, I live in VA, but I'm from CA originally. I was born in the L.A. area and lived in Santa Cruz for four years as well. I wish I was going to the DC show, but I have to work that day and I'd never make it there in time. It's such a bummer! Sad DC is about a 3-4 hour drive depending on traffic, and I'm a nanny with long hours and no vacation time, so I'm out of luck. I'm really hoping that they'll come to the Virginia Beach area in the future. That would be perfect!

Oh wow! Big move huh? I have been to Virginia once and I LOVED it, you are so lucky. Smile But aww man that really sucks. I hate when work gets in the way of fun! And heck yeah, I hope they play one over there also so that you can see them conveniently!
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:54 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Ekovalley. We are just starting though, hope to have our first show in July. We are having a 9 hour practice the week after memorial day.

9 hours?! Now that is what I call dedication, haha. Dang! Best of luck to you guys, that's really really awesome.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:56 pm

Vixly wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

9 hours?! Now that is what I call dedication, haha. Dang! Best of luck to you guys, that's really really awesome.
Of Course breaks for lunch, dinner, second dinner, snack, (Okay I made those last two up), but seriously yeah....full day practice.
Back to top Go down

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
yay another Californian!

Fresno - the only good part about it is that I'm about equal distance to everything in California haha! Where are you at?

boo Fresno haha. I'm at San Jose at the moment but I'm moving down to Socal in july since I'll be done with school.
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Another new person who has been lurking the forum for a while now? Haha, HEY!!! This place is awesome.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:27 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Vixly wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Of Course breaks for lunch, dinner, second dinner, snack, (Okay I made those last two up), but seriously yeah....full day practice.

Even then, that is quite a long day! Determination will get ya there for sure... wish I had a passion like that where I could spend a full day on it haha
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:31 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
yay another Californian!

boo Fresno haha. I'm at San Jose at the moment but I'm moving down to Socal in july since I'll be done with school.

Ahhh sweet, congratulations! So cal though huh, which part?
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:32 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Another new person who has been lurking the forum for a while now? Haha, HEY!!! This place is awesome.

YES! Haha, that is so great. I'm Vix, what's your name? Smile
Back to top Go down

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:44 pm

Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:
yay another Californian!

Ahhh sweet, congratulations! So cal though huh, which part?

I'm moving to Orange County...what school do you go to?

I only say boo to fresno cause I go to SJSU and we are rivals with Fresno State.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:50 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

I only say boo to fresno cause I go to SJSU and we are rivals with Fresno State.

I used to live in Orange County - Laguna Niguel to be exact. You're so lucky! I would love to go back!

And haaha ohhh SJSU! I have a friend that goes there, she loves it. I go to community college actually... Fresno City. I was going to transfer this upcoming spring buuuut it looks like most campuses have had their admissions frozen due to budget cuts Mad
Back to top Go down

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

I used to live in Orange County - Laguna Niguel to be exact. You're so lucky! I would love to go back!

And haaha ohhh SJSU! I have a friend that goes there, she loves it. I go to community college actually... Fresno City. I was going to transfer this upcoming spring buuuut it looks like most campuses have had their admissions frozen due to budget cuts Mad

oh I know Laguna Niguel!! I'm moving to Irvine to be exact.

and bummer to hear about the transfer thing...move back to Laguna and transfer to a school there haha
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:32 am

Vixly wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Chris. Vix? Is that short for something? Never heard of that name before.
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:27 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:
Vixly wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

oh I know Laguna Niguel!! I'm moving to Irvine to be exact.

and bummer to hear about the transfer thing...move back to Laguna and transfer to a school there haha

Irvine ahhh I love it there. And it's close to, like, everything! And oh man I'd so love to move back to Laguna; if only it was cheaper, haha
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:28 am

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Vixly wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Nice to meet you, Chris. And yeah short for Victoria - it was one of those nicknames I got playing soccer and it just stuck!
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Vixly wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Vixly wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Nice to meet you, Chris. And yeah short for Victoria - it was one of those nicknames I got playing soccer and it just stuck!

Oh, I gotcha. Now I just feel like an idiot. And that is awesome that you play soccer. Most of the girls I hang out with are soccer players. Ya'll are a good bunch of people. Haha, you look like a soccer player. I play on a baseball team down here in Kansas. Sports are GREAT!
Back to top Go down
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:35 pm

saltandburn1967 wrote:
Vixly wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:
Vixly wrote:
saltandburn1967 wrote:

Oh, I gotcha. Now I just feel like an idiot. And that is awesome that you play soccer. Most of the girls I hang out with are soccer players. Ya'll are a good bunch of people. Haha, you look like a soccer player. I play on a baseball team down here in Kansas. Sports are GREAT!

No way, no need to feel like an idiot. And aww thanks, I'll take looking like a soccer player as a huge compliment! But I totally agree with you, us soccer girls are pretty chill, haha. Baseball huh? That's awesome, honestly it seems like baseball players are equivalent to girls soccer players. At least from my experience!
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm

What ... soccer...football team do you support?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
HighLonesome
A Contender
A Contender
HighLonesome

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Klown wrote:
What ... soccer...football team do you support?

In the U.S. it's the LA Galaxy, but my main team is Manchester United. I like Everton too - gotta support an American goalkeeper, haha. What about you?
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Oh dear...this won't end pretty...haha

I'm Liverpool, and you just named our two biggest rivals Laughing

I spent some time with some mates in Philly in April, and they were Everton fans, for the reason there's an American playing for them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Vixly wrote:
No way, no need to feel like an idiot. And aww thanks, I'll take looking like a soccer player as a huge compliment! But I totally agree with you, us soccer girls are pretty chill, haha. Baseball huh? That's awesome, honestly it seems like baseball players are equivalent to girls soccer players. At least from my experience!

Haha, yeah...Usually you all are chill. And you should take it as a huge compliment cause us baseball boys find the soccer girls the most attractive of women sport players. No joking around haha. I wish I some of them liked The Gaslight Anthem though. I am the only one in the group of people I hang out with that like them A LOT!...but I am actually crazily obsessed with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey guys! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey guys!   Hey guys! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey guys!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next