DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ticket issues

Go down 
+16
saltandburn1967
plugga
EveryLittleSecret
NeverTrustAJunkie
spork13
njguy99
simo
HighLonesome
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Mary Ann
JJW319
ral
Klown
rsj
StitchesOnTheRadio
megan125
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

ticket issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 2:28 pm

What the hell kind of crackpot organization is that? Jeez. I really HOPE Gaslight doesn't model their thing on this club. Maybe Brian was speaking about earlier times or something.

So in essence it sounds like their heart was in the right place, but whoever ran everything has their collective head up their ass and either wasn't prepared to deal with the amount of administrative duties required to run things smoothly, or they just don't care at all. That e-bay thing sounds like a huge scam too.

How are Ticketmaster tickets cheaper than the fan club ones?

And also, what does "I'm analog" have to do with anything about being a fan of Pearl Jam?

That all sounds like you're better off not joining the fan club (obviously). Has Pearl Jam themselves ever ever addressed these issues?

I joined a fan club once just to get tickets for a show before the rest of society. It was $30 for the year. We got access to that sale and the promise of early access to future shows, a t-shirt and some stickers. Literally a few months after that, the band went on a huge hiatus so I never got my money's worth. That was the last time I joined a fan club.
Back to top Go down
ral
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
ral

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
What the hell kind of crackpot organization is that? Jeez. I really HOPE Gaslight doesn't model their thing on this club. Maybe Brian was speaking about earlier times or something.

So in essence it sounds like their heart was in the right place, but whoever ran everything has their collective head up their ass and either wasn't prepared to deal with the amount of administrative duties required to run things smoothly, or they just don't care at all. That e-bay thing sounds like a huge scam too.

The main problem with the Ten Club now is they have no incentive to change anything because tickets/merch still sells because there are a ton of Pearl Jam fans. They've had issues with online ticketing for 6+ years. At first it was a slow site, then it was a dead site, to finally people not being able to buy tickets for 8+ hrs to one of the most hyped PJ shows ever. In the past they had blamed supply vs demand but it became incredibly obvious (to everyone except the people in charge) that it was a site failure. The TC president even went so far as to promise they'd build a new, state of the art website so the problems would never happen again. Despite these promises, the very next onsale was plagued by the same issues, which they in turn blamed on sabotage instead of their own ineptness. It's really a joke at this point.

Quote :

That all sounds like you're better off not joining the fan club (obviously). Has Pearl Jam themselves ever ever addressed these issues?

There are a lot of problems with the club but they do still get the best seats in the house for most shows. So if you want to see PJ and care about that, you're "stuck". In addition, ticketing for most reserved shows is done via seniority, so you have people that renew just to maintain their dibs on tickets. They've also offered early entry for GA shows in Europe and other places for their members.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 3:47 pm

It all sounds like emotional blackmail.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:54 pm

The fact that what was already brought up, about people happily taking the shit, and not complaining, led to the club not caring how things were ran, really sums up the main problem. The fan club became very cliquey. Anyone that tried to raise a complaint was/is shouted down, and outnumbered by bullies, so the pricks that run the fan club see this as people watching their backs. The main outlook from those people that stick up for the fan club is...if that person leaves, then chances are, they are one number better off, and one seat closer.

It's a group of bullies and honestly, the stories I could tell you...and might...yeah...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:05 pm

seems like PJ has had quite a few problems, but im still in favor of TGA going forward with a fan club. If its gone correctly, and the price isnt astronomical, it could be pretty awesome
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:25 pm

well they haven't pj's fanbase yet so it might work better than 10c.. i hope so at least, I hate that they have early access to concerts
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Yeah, but PJ had to start somewhere...
Back to top Go down
saltandburn1967
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
saltandburn1967

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:35 pm

Is there any word on when this Fan Club will start up? If everything Brian said was true, I am in for sure.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Soon, as in the next few weeks/months according to their tumblr page today
Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:39 pm

I'm not really convinced that scalping is really a problem for them...at least not yet. Obviously that can change if Handwritten blows up and they become huge.

Using the Brooklyn show as an example seems to be creating a non existant problem. They've done an excellent PR job the last two month's or so hyping up Handwritten and it was no surprise that their first show in NYC was in high demand. But then again it wouldn't have been hard finding 500 gaslight fans in the area even if they didn't do these things since after all NYC/NJ is their stronghold. However look at the HOB show, even with 100+ tickets on stubhub it took hours for the presale to officially sell out and right now you can still get tickets on TM. Granted people may just not want to pay an extra $50 to see them a day before the Orion festival.

I think Webster Hall will be a good test for whether they can support the demand. It's NYC and seats 2500. My guess is fans will have no problem getting tickets.

Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 7:58 pm

chanter wrote:
I'm not really convinced that scalping is really a problem for them...at least not yet. Obviously that can change if Handwritten blows up and they become huge.

Using the Brooklyn show as an example seems to be creating a non existant problem. They've done an excellent PR job the last two month's or so hyping up Handwritten and it was no surprise that their first show in NYC was in high demand. But then again it wouldn't have been hard finding 500 gaslight fans in the area even if they didn't do these things since after all NYC/NJ is their stronghold. However look at the HOB show, even with 100+ tickets on stubhub it took hours for the presale to officially sell out and right now you can still get tickets on TM. Granted people may just not want to pay an extra $50 to see them a day before the Orion festival.

I think Webster Hall will be a good test for whether they can support the demand. It's NYC and seats 2500. My guess is fans will have no problem getting tickets.

i think the price is what is turning ppl away from the AC show. i think it has alot to do with Cage as the opener. i think they are way more popular than gaslight at the moment, and the venue can charge double the price for seeing 2 bands thats are "Headline worthy"
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Actually Webster Hall is 1500:
http://www.websterhall.com/rentals/08_photo_gb.php

They'd be playing the Grand Ballroom.

I think 2500 refers to the entire club (it's 3 levels).

Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 10:56 pm

So, I got screwed and thought the presale for the Toronto show on July 16th was this Friday, when instead it was today. My brother got himself a ticket and told me it's fully sold out now. Scalpers online charging anywhere from 75-150... ugh so drastic from 30 the original price. I might bite the bullet and try and lineup really early in hope they release a few more at the door. What should I do guys!!!?!?! This girl I introduced to Gaslight also wants to come now!
Back to top Go down
Fic21
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Same thing for me with the Toronto Show. I would try craigslist man. Worst case the scalpers out front will likely sell for less the the absurd stubhub offers.

Back to top Go down
rumham
Wooderson
Wooderson

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:48 pm

CasanovaBaby90 wrote:
So, I got screwed and thought the presale for the Toronto show on July 16th was this Friday, when instead it was today. My brother got himself a ticket and told me it's fully sold out now. Scalpers online charging anywhere from 75-150... ugh so drastic from 30 the original price. I might bite the bullet and try and lineup really early in hope they release a few more at the door. What should I do guys!!!?!?! This girl I introduced to Gaslight also wants to come now!

There were probably 20 or so tickets available at the box office for the Brooklyn show so there's definitely a good chance that can work out as a last resort if the stubhub prices don't come down.
Back to top Go down
EveryLittleSecret
A Contender
A Contender
EveryLittleSecret

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 11:54 pm

day of box office may be your best shot! may be a big risk though
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 12:39 am

Just going to have to try that. Really don't want to miss this show since they're saying they're playing older songs as a thank you to the fans. I'll find a way in if I have to die trying!
Back to top Go down
CasanovaBaby90
A Contender
A Contender
CasanovaBaby90

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Got my tickets! My brother went to Rotate This record store in Toronto and they had a few left! Thank God!
Back to top Go down
knuckles
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
knuckles

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:05 am

has anyone checked on ebay lately? i was searching for 1 ticket to the 7/13 show in STL... found one seller that was asking a $536ish BIN for 4 tickets. wow, each ticket was $25ish with service charges. $100 worth of tix for $500+??? should go shoot the seller in the knee. then i found a seller that was asking $125ish for 2 tix. WTH?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ticket issues   ticket issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ticket issues
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2