DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+14
Harbortown
Labhras
Van Der Twix
driftwood
NeverTrustAJunkie
TGAforLIFE
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Debonair
Philo
steph
plugga
JimmyB
Klown
Camus
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:51 pm

We weren't harassed for a quote. Some people didn't put anything at all. I also don't think we had any censors. For some reason I think people made drug/drinking references.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:52 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I never said that my senior quote...I was having a bad day, someone would not leave me alone until I said a quote...I said that and poof...it stuck

I would have chosen lyrics from "Blood Brothers" for my quote

Hey, if they were bugging you for a quote, you gave them a quote, and it ended up in the yearbook, then that was your senior quote. Accident or not.
And it was not even for the senior quote. Someone wanted me to say something and it WAS NOT FOR SENIOR QUOTE! We didn't even get a senior quote for each member. We had to vote on a Senior quote for the whole class....
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:54 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
We weren't harassed for a quote. Some people didn't put anything at all. I also don't think we had any censors. For some reason I think people made drug/drinking references.

We weren't harassed either. It was just something you could do if you wanted to. And I don't think they should have been censored. Freedom of speech and freedom of the press did not exist at my school.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
I never said that my senior quote...I was having a bad day, someone would not leave me alone until I said a quote...I said that and poof...it stuck

I would have chosen lyrics from "Blood Brothers" for my quote

Hey, if they were bugging you for a quote, you gave them a quote, and it ended up in the yearbook, then that was your senior quote. Accident or not.
And it was not even for the senior quote. Someone wanted me to say something and it WAS NOT FOR SENIOR QUOTE! We didn't even get a senior quote for each member. We had to vote on a Senior quote for the whole class....

Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:57 pm

I kid you not...We only had senior awards.....which I did win one "Most likely to become an evil genius". But seriously, We all had the option to submit a quote that the whole grade voted on to be the quote for the grade. We never got a chance to use a personal quote for the yearbook. I know, I went to a stupid school. How about this...The popular kids got to answer questions asked about random stuff, and one of them was the person who tried to drown me in the school pool.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:18 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I kid you not...We only had senior awards.....which I did win one "Most likely to become an evil genius". But seriously, We all had the option to submit a quote that the whole grade voted on to be the quote for the grade. We never got a chance to use a personal quote for the yearbook. I know, I went to a stupid school. How about this...The popular kids got to answer questions asked about random stuff, and one of them was the person who tried to drown me in the school pool.

Thats pretty messed up! Sad

We each had our own quote, but we voted on the class song. I don't remember what I voted for, but I know I lost. I Belive I Can Fly by R. Kelly ended up being our class song. I hate it with a passion.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Which part was messed up? The evil genius, or the not getting seperate quotes?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Which part was messed up? The evil genius, or the not getting seperate quotes?

The part about how only certain people were asked questions for the yearbook, including the bully who tried to drown you. That's not right. And also not getting individual quotes. How can one quote sum up an entire class?
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 pm

See? Told you. Jerkfaces exist in small towns too.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I know...They also pretty much mandated the whole class get their photo at one place...and extremely discouraged other studios....I think I still had a good last laugh at them and the people who made my life hell, by getting up in front of all of em and playing a version of Born to Run...pretty much my "I beat you, you tried but failed to destroy me" moment.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I know...They also pretty much mandated the whole class get their photo at one place...and extremely discouraged other studios....I think I still had a good last laugh at them and the people who made my life hell, by getting up in front of all of em and playing a version of Born to Run...pretty much my "I beat you, you tried but failed to destroy me" moment.

That's the attitude you need to have all the time. Be strong and confident. Having a defeatist attitude and putting yourself down will get you nowhere, just like they wanted. A wise man once said, "stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can." Wink

My school picked one studio that everyone had to go to for senior pictures also. It was torture because I hate getting my picture taken. But whatever, it was just ine afternoon and I was actually happy with one of the pictures. I was pleasantly surprised!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

It was a moment, but clearly has had lingering effects as your attitude is so bad about yourself. :\ Don't let them win by downing yourself and everything around you all the time. FFS.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Okay guys, I'm saying goodnight. 5:00 Monday morning is not a happy time for me and I need sleep. Talk to you later! wave Sleep
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 am

'Night!
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:03 am

Anyone ever have success with Priceline for flights (or know anyone that has)? So far I've heard nothing good, the main point being you're stuck with whatever itinerary they set you up with, which can be a layover crapshow.
Back to top Go down
Klown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Klown

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 am

Arghh, so freaking nervous, have been out of work for a while and I start a new job today, that is really NOTHING like I've done before, it's selling charities to people in public (shopping malls) I don't like those people approaching me and now I shall be one of them, and it feels like I'm going to be totally out of my depth as I'm not a sales person. The nerves thing really isn't me either, I usually like to take a calm approach.

I know (hope) it's just first morning nerves and all...but..arrghhhh. I also know its a job, and I should be grateful (I am!) it's just, I can't shake this horrible feeling, that if I don't pass my 2 week trial, I'm not going to be devastated. Gotta shake that feeling, it's only going to hold me back whilst out there.

There, it actually felt a little bit better to at least put that out there...now just gotta carry this little tide of optimism through the next few days and hope for the best.

Sorry for the ramble.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Klown78
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:55 am

I just came back from seeing Bon Iver.

Life changing.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:26 am

Klown wrote:
Arghh, so freaking nervous, have been out of work for a while and I start a new job today, that is really NOTHING like I've done before, it's selling charities to people in public (shopping malls) I don't like those people approaching me and now I shall be one of them, and it feels like I'm going to be totally out of my depth as I'm not a sales person. The nerves thing really isn't me either, I usually like to take a calm approach.

I know (hope) it's just first morning nerves and all...but..arrghhhh. I also know its a job, and I should be grateful (I am!) it's just, I can't shake this horrible feeling, that if I don't pass my 2 week trial, I'm not going to be devastated. Gotta shake that feeling, it's only going to hold me back whilst out there.

There, it actually felt a little bit better to at least put that out there...now just gotta carry this little tide of optimism through the next few days and hope for the best.

Sorry for the ramble.

Good luck on your new job, Gordon! Starting a new job can be so stressful, but after you get used to it I'm sure you'll be fine. High pressure sales isn't my ideal job either, but I've done it and did pretty well. I think the key is to be friendly and assertive without being aggressive and harassing your potential customers. You'll get the hang of it. Smile

And don't worry about the ramble. I tend to do that A LOT! Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 am

good luck gordon!! it's going to be fiiine!
I have my first lesson as an "English teacher" today, damn Razz
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 am

Harbortown wrote:
I just came back from seeing Bon Iver.

Life changing.

aw yeah, seeing him in a few months.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:08 am

I think that's really cool that you are tutoring someone in English. Is he a beginner or more advanced? I bet the extra money will help out with all of your concert plans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 pm

I think that's really cool that you are tutoring someone in English. Is he a beginner or more advanced? I bet the extra money will help out with all of your concert plans! Very Happy

ahahha yes he's basically paying for my trip to see bruce in london Very Happy
he is a beginner, he doesn't know the basic words, I asked him if he had problems with pronounciation and stuff, he said no, I made him read AND HE WAS SO BAD OH MY GOD I CANNOT. Whoever taught him english needs to be killed.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Wow Ilaria, it sounds like you will have your work cut out for you! Some people just have a really hard time with getting accents and pronunciations down. That's why it's so much better for people to learn foreign languages when they are really young and their brains are still forming connections dealing with sound and speech.

That's amazing that this tutoring job will pay for your trip to see Bruce! Wow! That will definitely be worth it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:35 pm

His English is better than my Italian I guarantee it. Speaking of which, wanna try to teach me Italian? Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 pm

I can't even count in Italian! I know nothing. Sad Other than some Spanish, I can't speak any foreign languages. The kids I nanny for are learning French in school, and I know there will be a day when they can speak well enough to have real conversations...and I won't be able to understand a word of it! Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next