DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chamberlain

Go down 
+5
Jerseyrain
steph
nebraska
brianisbae
IrishNameAndAnInjury
9 posters
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:32 am

Are any of you guys fans of Chamberlain? For some reason I had never downloaded their song The South Has Spoiled Me, which Brian did guest vocals on, until last week. Now after listening to it a bunch of times I absolutely love it.

I just downloaded their album The Moon My Saddle yesterday and so far I really like it. Any recommendations or opinions on their other albums?
Back to top Go down
brianisbae
A Contender
A Contender
brianisbae

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Racing Cincinnati is such a beautiful song.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:42 pm

NicholasHorror wrote:

So far that's my favorite song from The Moon My Saddle. I love this part so much:

Someone's gotta reach
I guess that someone is me
I bet you'll be the last star shot down

Such beautiful words.
Back to top Go down

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:46 pm

I thought they were okay when I saw em open up for TGA...I did pick up The Moon My Saddle cd at the show.
Back to top Go down
nebraska
A Contender
A Contender
nebraska

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:21 pm

chamberlain is so great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmkg-8LLIOk

split lip was the pre-chamberlain band Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:45 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
NicholasHorror wrote:

So far that's my favorite song from The Moon My Saddle. I love this part so much:

Someone's gotta reach
I guess that someone is me
I bet you'll be the last star shot down

Such beautiful words.

yeah, i pretty much bought that record after one of the shows they opened for Gaslight just for that song. it's one of those songs i listen to on repeat.
Back to top Go down
Jerseyrain
I'da called you Woody
I'da called you Woody
Jerseyrain

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Chamberlain are awesome. My favourite is Raise It high but that whole Moon My Saddle album is awesome. Shame these guys haven't done more stuff with hiatuses and whatnot
Back to top Go down
http://jerseyrain.blogspot.com/
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:01 pm

Does anybody know if they have officially broken up? I did a quick search and it seems like they have all gone their separate ways with side projects and stuff, but Raise It High was only a couple of years ago, so I wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:02 am

Hmm.... Not sure if they've broken up. That would stink. Sad I love some of their stuff.

I recommend this one on vinyl. It's orange too. Smile

http://www.amazon.com/Fates-Got-Driver-Re-Issue-Vinyl/dp/B001T46U46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336186777&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:29 am

Thanks for the tip about the record, Konrad. I looked and Amazon only had one left, so I went ahead and ordered it. Fun stuff!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:48 am

Nice Shannon! High Five Yeah, you won't be disappointed. I have one of their cd's... can't remember which one. But, it has a mix of studio and live stuff.

I guess I'll need to get "The Moon My Saddle." Sounds like it's a good one!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:51 am

TGAforLIFE wrote:
Nice Shannon! :highfive: Yeah, you won't be disappointed. I have one of their cd's... can't remember which one. But, it has a mix of studio and live stuff.

I guess I'll need to get "The Moon My Saddle." Sounds like it's a good one!

The Moon My Saddle is wonderful, you should definitely get it. I just downloaded it from iTunes, so now I'm looking forward to hearing Chamberlain on vinyl. I bet they will sound amazing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:54 am

Cool... I'll order it up. Maybe once I get a job. Smile (In the mean time, I'll add it to my "list of things to buy once I get a job.") haha

Chamberlain on vinyl? Oh yeah!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:59 am

I think pretty much any band/artist sounds better on vinyl, but some albums just stand out more than others. Take Elsie for instance. It sounds incredible on CD and mp3, I mean c'mon, it's Brian so how could it not sound incredible, but when I put the record on, it's like I'm transported to another world. Gotta love vinyl!
Back to top Go down
TGAforLIFE
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
TGAforLIFE

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:05 am

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I think pretty much any band/artist sounds better on vinyl...

I agree completely. I don't think I've found a band that doesn't sound better on vinyl! haha
Back to top Go down
Jack
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Jack

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 pm

I think The Moon My Saddle might be the single most underrated record of all time. The strength of each and every song blows my mind constantly.
Back to top Go down
http://roseboulevard.bandcamp.com
flannel
A Contender
A Contender
flannel

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 am

old topic but idc, I love Chamberlain and I am always down to really need to talk about them and I wish for them to do a reunion show all the time. That said, I don't know if they ever officially "broke up," like I think they're all still friends and play with each other from time to time (David Moore, the singer, guested with Adam Rubenstein, another band member who is actively doing solo stuff right now, on a tour last summer) (vid below) but they definitely haven't done anything together in years.

The Moon My Saddle is really great (and, imo, has the best version of "Racing Cincinnati - that piano!) but I also highly recommend "Exit 263" (available on Spotify, not sure where else).
Back to top Go down
shiftynj
A Contender
A Contender
shiftynj

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 11:44 am

We meet again @Flannel! I love Chamberlain and I started following TGA because of seeing Chamberlain open for them at Penn's Landing in 2010. I wish they would do another album.
Back to top Go down
http://vergeofjordan.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Chamberlain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamberlain   Chamberlain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chamberlain
Page 1 of 1