DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+19
The Poet Jonah
colmillionaire
Holland
I Came To Dance
ThisMachineKillsFascists
TGAFAN25
TGAforLIFE
Harbortown
Debonair
Red_Heels
DeathoftheCool
IrishNameAndAnInjury
steph
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
Camus
plugga
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:57 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Good news everyone...Springsteen's new CD outsold Adelle's 21/

Do you mean that Bruce's album outsold Adele's this past week, or that it sold more copies in it's debut week than 21 did back when it came out? Either way, good for Bruce! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

haha, yeah, technically he outsold Adele, but according to what i read, he only outsold her by a thousand records, and her record has been out for 24 weeks now. Razz

from entertainmentweekly.com:

The Boss scored his tenth number one debut on the Billboard 200 this week with his latest album Wrecking Ball, selling an impressive 196,000 copies.
In doing so, Springsteen matched Elvis’ record of ten number ones, making them the only two male solo rock artists to ever achieve the feat. (Jay-Z, meanwhile, has had twelve No. 1 debuts, including collaboration albums.)
Chart queen Adele just barely missed the top spot for a 24th week. Her album 21 had to settle for a second place finish, selling 195,000 and blazing past the 8 million mark in total sales. 21 is the first album to sell 8 million copies since Usher’s Confessions passed that plateau in January 2005.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm

The depressing sig is still there.

Why?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, Steph! I was too lazy to do the research on my own. Razz I like Adele, the few songs I know of hers are really good, but I will always root for Bruce to take the #1 spot! cheers
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:25 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
The depressing sig is still there.

Why?

Who knows? I asked him a question that his new sig line made me think of, and he didn't even respond. Sad I just don't see what the big deal is about being an outsider. I always thought that was a good thing myself!

EDIT: I forgot! I wasn't supposed to ask Jimmy questions. silent Great, now I will receive a threat of banishment again! Shocked

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:31 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
Well that's not good. Didn't you just get over being sick a couple of weeks ago? I hope you feel better!

Your newest signature line got me thinking. Do you relate to this part of Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?

I never felt right and never fit in
Walking in my own skin

If so, then I hope you realize that you aren't alone. A LOT of people don't fit in...ever. In my opinion, that's a good thing. I'd much rather stand out than fit in any day.
Never felt right ,never fit in. Pretty much make sense for me. I don;t mind being an outsider...it just gets lonely, and miserable. humans are not a solitary Creature, we need people around us.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:37 pm

JimmyB wrote:
Well that's not good. Didn't you just get over being sick a couple of weeks ago? I hope you feel better!

Your newest signature line got me thinking. Do you relate to this part of Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?

Walking in my own skin

If so, then I hope you realize that you aren't alone. A LOT of people don't fit in...ever. In my opinion, that's a good thing. I'd much rather stand out than fit in any day.
Never felt right ,never fit in. Pretty much make sense for me. I don;t mind being an outsider...it just gets lonely, and miserable. humans are not a solitary Creature, we need people around us.

Very true, we aren't supposed to be hermits, but I don't see why being an outsider or not fitting in with a certain clique means you have to be lonely. I have never been like anyone else really, I was always kind of weird and thought differently than everyone I knew, I even had different beliefs and interests than a lot of my friends growing up, but I still got along with people and always had someone to hang out with. I wasn't the most popular kid at times, but I always used being unique to my advantage. I have always liked to stand apart from everyone else. Why don't you? I hope this doesn't sound confrontational or anything, I don't mean it that way, I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:42 pm

JimmyB wrote:

Walking in my own skin

Very true, we aren't supposed to be hermits, but I don't see why being an outsider or not fitting in with a certain clique means you have to be lonely. I have never been like anyone else really, I was always kind of weird and thought differently than everyone I knew, I even had different beliefs and interests than a lot of my friends growing up, but I still got along with people and always had someone to hang out with. I wasn't the most popular kid at times, but I always used being unique to my advantage. I have always liked to stand apart from everyone else. Why don't you? I hope this doesn't sound confrontational or anything, I don't mean it that way, I'm just curious.
that is the thing... I stand alone from everyone...I am completely alone all the time.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Dude from what you've said about your friends, I think more highly of you that you're the black sheep. I'd want to be an outsider in that group.
Back to top Go down
NeverTrustAJunkie
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
NeverTrustAJunkie

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:51 pm

And I still have no answer. Why does it make you feel better having that as your sig?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

Walking in my own skin

that is the thing... I stand alone from everyone...I am completely alone all the time.

But that's what I'm trying to get to the bottom of. Why are you alone all the time? Being different is not really the answer I don't think, at least not the only answer. You confuse me Jimmy. I have always been different from the people around me - a little more eccentric, a little louder, more intense, different tastes, different opinions, different beliefs, and I could go on about this forever, but that doesn't keep me away from people or them from me.

One thing that I think could really help you would be to stop thinking of being different as a bad thing. It's not! If everybody was the same, then we would have a Stepford Wives or Children of the Corn situation on our hands. Variety is a good thing, and being really unique should work to your advantage. You have something to offer that no one else does, because they are not you. Hasn't anyone told you that before? Being Jimmy is only a negative thing if you make it that way.

Since I know you are a religious person, I hope you realize that God made you a certain way for a reason. You don't have to know what the reason is, but you should live your life to its highest potential. There is a lot more out there for you than being so sad and lonely. I am certain of this.

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:54 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
Dude from what you've said about your friends, I think more highly of you that you're the black sheep. I'd want to be an outsider in that group.

ABSOLUTELY 100% YES!
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:57 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:
And I still have no answer. Why does it make you feel better having that as your sig?

He wont answer the question, he'll either log off/ side step the question completely, or answer very vaguely.

either way so the answer is not given. And or nothing has to change

Last edited by Debonair on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Debonair wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

He wont answer the question, he'll either log off/ side step the question completely, or answer very vaguely.

either way so the answer is not given. And or nothing has to change

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! JIMMY, ARE YOU READING THIS? Suspect YOU NEED TO ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY AND COMPLETELY WHEN ASKED. THAT IS ALL. queen
Back to top Go down
Debonair
First Among Equals
First Among Equals
Debonair

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Oh, what a surprise he chose the log off route....
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Debonair wrote:
Oh, what a surprise he chose the log off route....

Evil or Very Mad Frying Pan
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:07 pm

NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

Balances me out actually. So I don't appear arrogant.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 pm

JimmyB wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

How in the world would we ever think you are arrogant?! All you do is put yourself down!
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 pm

JimmyB wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I never got an ounce of arrogance from anything you said.
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 pm

ARROGANCE, BITCHES.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 pm

JimmyB wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

How in the world would we ever think you are arrogant?! All you do is put yourself down!
I've had people the moment I start believing in myself...say I was too arrogant for my own good.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:12 pm

I cannot stress enough that you should stop caring about people around you.

anyways. what is everyone up to? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:14 pm

My band get to play here : http://www.hmvritz.com/ in April. It is a pretty big venue and we are supporting a band called Cast who are kind of old but its really exciting!!!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Holland wrote:
My band get to play here : http://www.hmvritz.com/ in April. It is a pretty big venue and we are supporting a band called Cast who are kind of old but its really exciting!!!

kind of old? haha
yay for your band!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:18 pm

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:
NeverTrustAJunkie wrote:

I've had people the moment I start believing in myself...say I was too arrogant for my own good.

Two things: 1)Who cares what they think? 2)Why would they think that? And I want you to really think about that, because there are very few people out there who I thought of as arrogant right off the bat. Ususally it would take a little while (more than a minute or two at least!) to know that a person is arrogant. And who goes around saying that to people they have just met? scratch

EDIT: Oops, sorry, Jimmy, I misread your post. I thought these were people who you had just met that were calling you arrogant. I just don't see why someone would say that to you if you start to believe in yourself. Everyone should believe in themselves!

Last edited by IrishNameAndAnInjury on Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next