DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

European Festivals

Go down 
+10
loazis
HorribleCrowe
Camus
Ryan!
mingus
Philo
ThisMachineKillsFascists
plugga
moreblue
Holland
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

European Festivals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:20 pm

last year I took the train to hasselt with a bunch of kids who were listening to hardcore and crappy dance music on a stereo, possibly the funniest train ride ever.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Still hoping for Werchter as well Razz
Back to top Go down
Holland
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
Holland

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Camus wrote:
Holland wrote:
Is it a friendly festival? do people destroy things?
That's the one thing I fear most about festivals. Burning tents on the last night of festivals is not fun.

This is why i want to go to a foreign festival, Leeds on the last night is too stressful. I have narrowly avoided having my tent and belongings burnt by idiots a couple of times. Things get very tribal and weird.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:02 pm

loazis wrote:

my friends are going to werchter this year No
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:03 pm

Holland wrote:
Camus wrote:
Holland wrote:
That's the one thing I fear most about festivals. Burning tents on the last night of festivals is not fun.

This is why i want to go to a foreign festival, Leeds on the last night is too stressful. I have narrowly avoided having my tent and belongings burnt by idiots a couple of times. Things get very tribal and weird.

I've never stuck around at Reading long enough to experience it there, but I was at Wakestock a few years back and got about 2 hours sleep on the last night because I kinda didn't want to be in a burning tent, and they were going up all over the place.
Back to top Go down
mingus
A Contender
A Contender
mingus

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:54 pm

HorribleCrowe wrote:
mingus wrote:
You get a free trainticket to go to and from the festival, but I'm not sure the Brussels International Airport is included (everyone traveling from and to the airport has to pay an extra tax because they're building an expensive new railway there). If not, you just buy a trainticket from the Airport to Brussels Central Station (you have to travel over Brussels or Leuven anyway), and from there you can use your Pukkelpopticket for the train. It's the train to Genk, one every hour Smile In Kiewit, you can just walk to the festival (it's a ten minute walk, you just follow the stream).

If you have any other Pukkelpop related questions, fire away! Best festival I know, and the line-up is really good so far!

Ticket is to the station of Hasselt, from there on there are free busses from and to the festival. Camping is across the street.

Ticket is to Kiewit (one station further than Hasselt, but not every train goes to Kiewit), 100% sure.

And I've never seen any sort of violence. You'll always find some weird kids on campings, but all in all, it's OK.
Back to top Go down
_rebekka_
A Contender
A Contender
_rebekka_

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Camus wrote:
Holland wrote:

I have been to different festivals in Europe like Rock am Ring in Germany, Pink Pop in the Netherlands, Rock Werchter in Belgium. I have always camped out and there never was any violence. Weird people are everywhere but I have never seen that weird people that I got scared. Last year I went to Reading and we booked a hotel cause to be honest I didnt dare to camp out there. Not only because of the people also because of the weather. But, and I dont want to offend anyone, there are some different traditions in the UK than in the rest of Europe, like throwing beer or even worse things... I totally dont get that. lol But still I will probably go to Reading again this year. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Camus
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Camus

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:15 pm

I think it might just be the UK. I really want to go to a festival without fearing for my life on the last night, so might have to try a European festival at some point
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 pm

plugga wrote:
loazis wrote:

Too bad you ain't going. It would have been so amazingly awkward to meet each other!

Transitioning into a hug halfway through a handshake and shit. A shame.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:44 pm

loazis wrote:
plugga wrote:
loazis wrote:

Too bad you ain't going. It would have been so amazingly awkward to meet each other!

Transitioning into a hug halfway through a handshake and shit. A shame.

I'm sorry we'll arrange another awkward meeting soon.
Back to top Go down
loazis
The '59 Sound
The '59 Sound
loazis

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down
Halcyon
Red In The Morning
Red In The Morning
Halcyon

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't know if this is the right topic for that, but I just have to share my happiness Very Happy

The german festivals are SO good this year!
I'm going to see Gaslight at the Hurricane Festival and today The Menzingers confirmed their gig at the Pirate Satellite Festival. Is anyone going there, too!
Especially the second one is great, last year there were Hot Water Music, Alkaline Trio, Chuck Ragan, Tom Gabel, Dave Hause and many more on just one day!
That's the line up for 2013.. I can't wait bounce

European Festivals - Page 2 52183910

What are your plans for this year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Ive been many times to this Finnish festival called Provinssirock. First time I was there 2004 and about 5-6 times after that. One year got there free, because my friends band wass playing and I filmed the gig Smile. Last year there was Gaslight and I went basicly just because of that. I rather not go anymore if I dont really have to. Things have chanced and so have I. Last year me and 2 of my friend went Roskilde Festival in Denmark. Biggest festival in Scandinavia. I dont want to say I was dissappointed, but that make me realize that I aint so much of fan of festival that huge. Anymore. And 6 days drinking and sleeping in a tent as much of fun is it for a while, it can get pretty boring after all. So I think I prefer something like 1-3 days festival. But then again I have always been interested of Sziget Very Happy. This year I think im going Groezrock. Great lineup and propably get to know some new bands, because its all punk/folk/metal etc. Not like in Roskilde everytime I tried to find watch some new, most of the time it wasnt my cup of tea. Electro music and stuff like that....but it was an awesome experience of corse!
Anybody been in Groezrock? Any tips or something like that?
Back to top Go down
Emusic
A Contender
A Contender
Emusic

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:44 pm

I have been to Groezrock and going back now Smile
It's a really great festival, great sphere and also not commercial at all! ( I mean not as commercial as Rock Werchter or Pukkelpop). Have seen some really great bands/artists there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be & http://themusicmakesmehappy
Emusic
A Contender
A Contender
Emusic

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Anyone going to Groezrock, Rock Werchter, Cactus Festival or Pukkelpop by the way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elena-fotografie.be & http://themusicmakesmehappy
Andy_
A Contender
A Contender
Andy_

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:28 am

Anybody going to Download this year?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/@DrewsBatches
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European Festivals   European Festivals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Festivals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2