DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+15
Holland
ThisMachineKillsFascists
colmillionaire
Labhras
The Angry Johnny Revue
DeathoftheCool
steph
NeverTrustAJunkie
HorribleCrowe
JimmyB
The Poet Jonah
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
plugga
Camus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:51 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
I thought Pittsburgh got lots of snow. scratch
Not this year...we have had two snowstorms....about maybe a foot of snow total.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I just had a conversation with a girl on the internet who was offended that I used the word manmade instead of human made.

Gosh darn radical feminists.

I consider myself a feminist, but I'm not extreme like that! I believe in gender equality and that women are not "the weaker sex". Some women take it way too far! What was her problem?
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

JimmyB wrote:
I thought Pittsburgh got lots of snow. scratch
Not this year...we have had two snowstorms....about maybe a foot of snow total.

That's a lot of snow to me! We have only had a dusting this year. A dusting! So pathetic. I would love to have a foot of snow!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Hey John, are you still thinking of getting the mechanical looking heart tattoo that you talked about getting before Christmas?
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:55 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I just had a conversation with a girl on the internet who was offended that I used the word manmade instead of human made.

I consider myself a feminist, but I'm not extreme like that! I believe in gender equality and that women are not "the weaker sex". Some women take it way too far! What was her problem?
Haha, who knows.

I told her that she having a problem with the word manmade has nothing to do with gender inequality, but with her not being comfortable in her role as a woman, because if she were a confident and strong woman she'd just read the word and not think twice of it. I also told her to focus on actual problems like women not getting paid as much instead of petty details like language, at which point she logged off.
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey John, are you still thinking of getting the mechanical looking heart tattoo that you talked about getting before Christmas?
I'm not sure!

I'm really indecisive when it comes to tattoos. In the end I think it might be better for me not to get one because I have this symmetry OCD, but then again I do really want a tattoo because they're badass, haha.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:

Haha, who knows.

I told her that she having a problem with the word manmade has nothing to do with gender inequality, but with her not being comfortable in her role as a woman, because if she were a confident and strong woman she'd just read the word and not think twice of it. I also told her to focus on actual problems like women not getting paid as much instead of petty details like language, at which point she logged off.

Excellent points, John! She sounds like a total moron. Don't waste your time talking to her anymore, little brother. Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:00 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

I'm really indecisive when it comes to tattoos. In the end I think it might be better for me not to get one because I have this symmetry OCD, but then again I do really want a tattoo because they're badass, haha.

Ahahaha! The lack of symmetry would drive me crazy too! Just one reason why I won't get a tattoo. If you aren't 100% sure, it's better just to wait. But they are very, very cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 pm

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-that-make-corgis-happy
OH MY GOD.
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

i have kinda the same issue with symmetry so i was basically thinking of getting the same image on both arms, maybe slightly changed hmm
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 pm

plugga wrote:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/things-that-make-corgis-happy
OH MY GOD.

That was so great! I loved the hammock picture! lol!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:09 pm

plugga wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

i have kinda the same issue with symmetry so i was basically thinking of getting the same image on both arms, maybe slightly changed hmm

Ooh, what are you thinking of getting? I have absolutely no tolerance for pain whatsoever, so there is no way I can ever get a tattoo. I'm a big baby when it comes to things like that!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 pm

plugga wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

Ooh, what are you thinking of getting? I have absolutely no tolerance for pain whatsoever, so there is no way I can ever get a tattoo. I'm a big baby when it comes to things like that!

http://cl.ly/EMAi this artwork (just the girl) and the words brian wrote me in october! idk when, I keep changing my mind hahaha
also i want a sugar skull from him SO BAD http://www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com/artists/andrea-furci/
I may have posted him before, he's just so freaking great.

pain is not an issue to me, I am just worried about the artist Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:17 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

http://cl.ly/EMAi this artwork (just the girl) and the words brian wrote me in october! idk when, I keep changing my mind hahaha
also i want a sugar skull from him SO BAD http://www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com/artists/andrea-furci/
I may have posted him before, he's just so freaking great.

pain is not an issue to me, I am just worried about the artist Razz

Those are some amazing tattoos! I love the idea of using the words Brian write to you. What are they?
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 pm

here they are: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150464415863664&l=529546a1dc
it shouldn't be private, it's from my facebook, if it is i will send you a link in a message!

Last edited by plugga on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

Ahahaha! The lack of symmetry would drive me crazy too! Just one reason why I won't get a tattoo. If you aren't 100% sure, it's better just to wait. But they are very, very cool! Cool
But I'm still thinking I can do one on one arm which represents the side of me that never really knows where I belong, and another one to remind me of my home and family. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:30 pm

plugga wrote:
here they are: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150464415863664&l=529546a1dc
it shouldn't be private, it's from my facebook, if it is i will send you a link in a message!

Those are some of my favorite lyrics! It must be so special to have them written down for you by Brian himself. My sister and I were listening to Gaslight this morning and I was telling her that those very words should be her motto. She doesn't have any of those things in her life right now, and she needs them.

That will be an amazing tattoo, Ilaria! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Harbortown wrote:
Harbortown wrote:
I'm not sure!

But I'm still thinking I can do one on one arm which represents the side of me that never really knows where I belong, and another one to remind me of my home and family. We'll see.

That's a terrific idea! I love tattoos that mean something!
Back to top Go down
plugga
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
plugga

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:42 pm

plugga wrote:

Those are some of my favorite lyrics! It must be so special to have them written down for you by Brian himself. My sister and I were listening to Gaslight this morning and I was telling her that those very words should be her motto. She doesn't have any of those things in her life right now, and she needs them.

yeah I just had to ask him and he was so nice about it!! i love that lines too, I use them to remind myself of this particular moment of my life!
I hope your sister is okay! usually music helps a lot through difficult times!!
thaaanks hopefully it's going to be awesome Very Happy

going to bed now, trying to wake up early tomorrow Shocked
night everyooooone!!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 pm

plugga wrote:
plugga wrote:

yeah I just had to ask him and he was so nice about it!! i love that lines too, I use them to remind myself of this particular moment of my life!
I hope your sister is okay! usually music helps a lot through difficult times!!
thaaanks hopefully it's going to be awesome Very Happy

going to bed now, trying to wake up early tomorrow Shocked
night everyooooone!!

Yeah, she's okay, she just has a crappy job that she's way too good for, and she won't leave. She feels stuck and has very little self-confidence. She needs to stay hungry, stay free, and do the best that she can, and right now she's not at all. I guess I will have to knock some sense into her. Rolling Eyes

Oh, I saw the ticket stub above the note from Brian, and the concert you went to was on my birthday! Very Happy

Goodnight Ilaria! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:12 am

I can understand the feeling of Stuck and no self confidence.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:19 am

JimmyB wrote:
I can understand the feeling of Stuck and no self confidence.

But I can't. When I have found myself in similar situations in the past, I did something about it. I transferred colleges, I quit my job and found something better, I started writing again. I chose to pull myself up and improve my life. I have always been blessed with lots of self-confidence, and I don't understand why my sister is so lacking in that area. If anything, she should be more confident because she hasn't had to deal with some of the challenges that I have faced. She is just a much more passive person than I am, and I want to help her get it together!
Back to top Go down
Harbortown
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
Harbortown

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 am

Shannon is Superwoman.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 am

Harbortown wrote:
Shannon is Superwoman.

Hardly! I just try to do the best I can and be there for everyone. It's what I do.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:36 am

Jimmy, I asked you a question in the ask a question thread but you didn't answer, so I'll ask you here. What has been the best day of your life so far? There has to be a day that stands out from the rest in a good way. I'm trying to get you to think positive, dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next