DimeStoreSaints.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to The Gaslight Anthem - Brian Fallon says: ''For consistent and up to the minute stuff, Dimestore Saints is a great place to check out and hang with some really nice people.''

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spam

Go down 
+14
DeathoftheCool
The Poet Jonah
kuruptlon
Labhras
NeverTrustAJunkie
Holland
Camus
HorribleCrowe
plugga
JimmyB
Debonair
IrishNameAndAnInjury
Harbortown
steph
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm

IrishNameAndAnInjury wrote:
When I picked the kids up today, the seven year old was really mopey and said she had the worst day ever because someone wouldn't talk to her. I immediately thought, "You sound just like Jimmy, kiddo." I scare myself.

In other news, I only have three more weeks until spring break! WOO HOO! cheers

that...is horrifying!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:17 pm

steph wrote:
When I picked the kids up today, the seven year old was really mopey and said she had the worst day ever because someone wouldn't talk to her. I immediately thought, "You sound just like Jimmy, kiddo." I scare myself.

that...is horrifying!

I know! But I talked to her, she listened, and then she felt better and said she was going to follow my advice because, get this... I am always right and I always know what to do! It was so wonderful to hear her say that. What I'm doing with them is paying off. They are such amazing kids. I love you
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 pm

steph wrote:

that...is horrifying!

I know! But I talked to her, she listened, and then she felt better and said she was going to follow my advice because, get this... I am always right and I always know what to do! It was so wonderful to hear her say that. What I'm doing with them is paying off. They are such amazing kids. I love you

haha! it must be nice to hang out with people so much younger they take every word you say as the truth! haha. no but seriously, that's good. if only jimmyb had someone like you when he was younger!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:36 pm

steph wrote:
steph wrote:

that...is horrifying!

haha! it must be nice to hang out with people so much younger they take every word you say as the truth! haha. no but seriously, that's good. if only jimmyb had someone like you when he was younger!

That's the funny part, normally they question everything I tell them! I have taught them that it's okay to respectfully challenge and question authority if they feel strongly about something, and they do. They aren't bratty though. They are very strong, confident people. Smile
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 pm

steph wrote:
steph wrote:

that...is horrifying!

That's the funny part, normally they question everything I tell them! I have taught them that it's okay to respectfully challenge and question authority if they feel strongly about something, and they do. They aren't bratty though. They are very strong, confident people. Smile

that's good! really good, that they are strong and confident, i still struggle with that, and it's really important!
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 pm

So I was at a Cemetery from 8am to 1030ish am...it rained the entire time so I couldn't take notes. So I took pictures of about 220 gravestone..now I have to analyze them and I'm too lazy to start.
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 pm

I guess my problem comes from all the bullying I had to endure, all the people pickin at weight/appearance, and my choice to do choir instead of football.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
So I was at a Cemetery from 8am to 1030ish am...it rained the entire time so I couldn't take notes. So I took pictures of about 220 gravestone..now I have to analyze them and I'm too lazy to start.

was it depressing being at a cemetery for so long?

Last edited by steph on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:

That does not sound like fun.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm

stepsandnumbers wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

No the rain ruined it...running around, walking over dead people and looking at gravestones was fun.
also by the end, my boots were muddy...I kinda looked like a real Archaeologist.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:46 pm

oldgospelchoir wrote:
stepsandnumbers wrote:
oldgospelchoir wrote:

No the rain ruined it...running around, walking over dead people and looking at gravestones was fun.
also by the end, my boots were muddy...I kinda looked like a real Archaeologist.

Haha, nice. I meant more so that the analyzing photos doesn't sound like fun, though!
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:46 pm

I'm glad your cemetery assignment wasn't too depressing, Sanam, but that's a bummer about the rain.
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm looking forward to analyzing them but cause gravestones tell you a lot about families...just not looking forward to doing them all in one week.

Maybe if I went during the night time, I would have gotten creeped out.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:12 am

Whoa, it got really quiet around here. Sanam, you killed the spam thread with your cemetery talk! Razz

What is everyone doing tonight?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 am

Deciding on an open mic setlist for this week.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 am

Cool! What songs are you thinking of?
Back to top Go down

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:24 am

Whoa, it got really quiet around here. Sanam, you killed the spam thread with your cemetery talk! Razz

Not my fault if people can't handle some cemetery talk! Cool
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:25 am

Down by The River, The Promised Land, Hurts So Good, maybe against the Wind if I can get it done in time, The Diamond Street Choir or She Loves you, Have you ever seen the Rain? and Brown eyed Girl if there is enough demand for it. Depends on how many people show up...

Last edited by JimmyB on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 am

oldgospelchoir wrote:

Not my fault if people can't handle some cemetery talk! Cool

I think they are all hiding under their beds, hoping the undead don't come after them. Ready or not, here they come, it's zombie time! Razz
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:33 am

JimmyB wrote:
Down by The River, The Promised Land, Hurts So Good, maybe against the Wind if I can get it done in time, The Diamond Street Choir or She Loves you, and Brown eyed Girl if there is enough demand for it.

Is that The Promised Land by Bruce or the Chuck Berry one? They are both great songs, but knowing your love for the Boss, I figured that was it. I really like The Grateful Dead's cover of the Chuck Berry song though. Have you heard it?

She Loves You has been stuck in my head all night! That part about Juliet smoking by the window is so incredible. Brian has such a gift for painting a picture with his words that just make the song come alive.

That's a great setlist, Jimmy! Do you think you will get a recording to post?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am

I will give it my darnedest to get at least a couple recorded. And yes it is the Springsteen Song.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:40 am

JimmyB wrote:
I will give it my darnedest to get at least a couple recorded. And yes it is the Springsteen Song.

Haha, I was right! cheers

That would be great if you were able to get some recordings. Just out of curiosity, when you go to these open mic nights, are you always by yourself or do you go with friends?
Back to top Go down
JimmyB
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
JimmyB

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 am

JimmyB wrote:

That would be great if you were able to get some recordings. Just out of curiosity, when you go to these open mic nights, are you always by yourself or do you go with friends?
I always show up by myself, But a couple times friends do show up, stay for a few songs, then leave. So yeah, I don't go with friends, I usually hope they show up. Btw Coverers, I opened up a new thread in the Other bands section on here for Our/your covers of non Gaslight artists/songs.
Back to top Go down
IrishNameAndAnInjury
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
IrishNameAndAnInjury

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 12:50 am

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

I always show up by myself, But a couple times friends do show up, stay for a few songs, then leave. So yeah, I don't go with friends, I usually hope they show up. Btw Coverers, I opened up a new thread in the Other bands section on here for Our/your covers of non Gaslight artists/songs.

You know what? I think that makes you kind of brave actually. It takes guts to get up there and perform in front of a bunch of people, and if you are doing it without the support of friends in the audience, you are really just putting yourself out there, 100% vulnerable. You should think of that as a positive thing and build off of it.
Back to top Go down
steph
The Navesink Banks
The Navesink Banks
steph

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 am

JimmyB wrote:
JimmyB wrote:

You know what? I think that makes you kind of brave actually. It takes guts to get up there and perform in front of a bunch of people, and if you are doing it without the support of friends in the audience, you are really just putting yourself out there, 100% vulnerable. You should think of that as a positive thing and build off of it.

YUP. responding only cause this is a semi positive thread and thus the only jimmyb post my eyes can see:
SHANNON IS RIGHT.

i cannot imagine having the balls/ovaries to do something like singing in front of a crowd. i honestly cannot even imagine. so that is impressive, to me, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spam   Spam - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spam
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next